When I send sound from AudioShare to Auria where does it go?

I’ve been trying to send various sound clips from Audio Share to Auria but I can never find it! Where does it go ? 😛

Comments

  • Menu>Import File should pull up Aurias file directory.

  • It does, but I never see the file added. That is what is making me 😜. So far the only way I’ve gotten new sounds into the files is via Dropbox.

  • Wow I was just trying this and wondering the same thing!!!

  • It used to put it in the inbox but I don't think it works anymore. It's one of the things that led me back to mixing on a computer, I just couldn't deal with the hassles of file management that ios presents.

  • Wondering same thing here recently. I can get most things working on iOS and couldn't figure this out at all.

  • @seachord said:
    It does, but I never see the file added. That is what is making me 😜. So far the only way I’ve gotten new sounds into the files is via Dropbox.

    Weird, my sound files are in there after sending them from AudioShare. Im on 10.3.3 still.

  • Maybe it just dumps the file in the currently active sessions folder? Just a guess since I don’t own Auria Pro...

  • For me they just went to the root folder.

  • Easiest way to do it is to use the Files app to copy your audio from AS to Auria. I just stick it all in the root folder but you can create a dedicated import folder as well.

    Otherwise another workaround is to use AudioCopy and paste (just the native version, not the Retronyms one), but that is limited to 16bit files.

  • @richardyot said:
    Otherwise another workaround is to use AudioCopy and paste (just the native version, not the Retronyms one), but that is limited to 16bit files.

    >

    Workaround, workaround, workaround. FX: Sigh.

    We use Auria Pro a lot, and find it the best tool for certain jobs. The aces in the hole being Fab Filters compatibility, and in-app audio editing.

    But we just don’t understand why the app can’t do stuff such as duplicate a track, remember which import directory it was looking at within the same session, and reorder effects via drag and drop. :'(

    I know some will say report faults and make suggestions on the AP forum. But really, they already know what is wrong, and what could be better. But for some reason what seems like obvious inprovenents to us never makes it onto Wave Labs to do list, and likely never will.

  • edited May 13

    PS - Am I right in thinking that Auria Pro will also NOT support split screen or slide over modes? Just been trying and failing to get it to run next to Dropbox or Files.

    Edit -

    Ah-ha, got it to work, after a struggle. Sometimes works sometimes not. But as another workaround for dropping files from the same external folder into an AP track, having Files as a split screen source is helpful. :) Albeit, with a sting in the tail. Wouldn’t be AP if it just worked, right. Turns out, if I drag and drop a .wav file into an AP audio track, it goes just where it should and plays properly.....followed by three horrible instances of hissing interference. Every. Damn. Time. So far, the only cure is to shut down AP and relaunch. Then the sample in question plays without after effects. But add another sample, and the problem is back on the latest addition.

  • OP, I have that problem exporting from Audioshare as well. All of a sudden it just...stopped working one day. Now I have to upload and export from Google Drive. I’m convinced switching between a 48k and 44k project screwed up the import somehow; it’s the only thing I did any differently the day it stopped working.

  • @Zen210507 said:
    PS - Am I right in thinking that Auria Pro will also NOT support split screen or slide over modes? Just been trying and failing to get it to run next to Dropbox or Files.

    Edit -

    Ah-ha, got it to work, after a struggle. Sometimes works sometimes not. But as another workaround for dropping files from the same external folder into an AP track, having Files as a split screen source is helpful. :) Albeit, with a sting in the tail. Wouldn’t be AP if it just worked, right. Turns out, if I drag and drop a .wav file into an AP audio track, it goes just where it should and plays properly.....followed by three horrible instances of hissing interference. Every. Damn. Time. So far, the only cure is to shut down AP and relaunch. Then the sample in question plays without after effects. But add another sample, and the problem is back on the latest addition.

    I gotta tell ya...I’ve done my last 2 projects in Cubasis and LOVED it. I don’t look forward to bouncing each track to Auria though when the time comes.

  • Er, just use the Files app - how much easier can it be?

    I move files in and out of Auria all the time, and while I can understand some frustration with some aspects of Auria, this just isn't one of them.

    It's possible there is a bug with Open In that is sending the files somewhere weird, but I don't know for sure because I never use Open In to send stuff to Auria, mainly because it only works with one file at a time and I'm usually moving a bunch of files. The Files App is what you want.

  • @oat_phipps said:
    I gotta tell ya...I’ve done my last 2 projects in Cubasis and LOVED it. I don’t look forward to bouncing each track to Auria though when the time comes.

    >

    For sure, Cubasis is more intuitive. But as you say, Auria is still a requirement. ;)

    BTW, tried dragging and dropping from File Manager into Cubasis, from slide view, and it doesn’t work.

  • @richardyot said:
    Er, just use the Files app - how much easier can it be?

    So what you do is copy files into Auria’s directory, yes? Presumably, we could also send files from Blocs Wave, or other app, directly to AP.....

    Just tried this and, unlike sending to Dropbox, I was offered no opportunity to select folder or rename the file. As you know, AP is not good at showing long file names. However, if I can keep the Side View File thingy working, dropping files into AP from there will save me a lot of time. Even if I have to close AP down and relaunch to get rid of the aforementioned hissing noises.

  • Such bugs are not acceptable and a sign of dropped attention and care of a company.

    I was planning to get some FabFilter plugins next month, just to be able to compare them, as I still don't believe the hype.

    But with such bugs, I'm not sure that I should spend this money.

    Let's better wait for the next update and see if things get better.

  • @tja said:
    I was planning to get some FabFilter plugins next month, just to be able to compare them, as I still don't believe the hype.

    >

    Whatever the bugs in Auria, please don’t let them put you off trying Fab Filters. Those, I cannot praise highly enough. No hype, just personal experience.

  • @Zen210507 said:

    @richardyot said:
    Er, just use the Files app - how much easier can it be?

    So what you do is copy files into Auria’s directory, yes? Presumably, we could also send files from Blocs Wave, or other app, directly to AP.....

    Just tried this and, unlike sending to Dropbox, I was offered no opportunity to select folder or rename the file. As you know, AP is not good at showing long file names. However, if I can keep the Side View File thingy working, dropping files into AP from there will save me a lot of time. Even if I have to close AP down and relaunch to get rid of the aforementioned hissing noises.

    The way I do it is generally to open the Files App, navigate to the AudioShare folder in the "On My iPad" section, then select a bunch of files, tap "Move" (which is really just copy), then navigate to the Auria folder in the "On My iPad" section and copy the files there. You can create a folder, rename files or whatever. AFAIK it works flawlessly.

    I can't comment on the side view issue as I've never tried it.

    I think that different workflows must highlight different issues and bugs, because I really don't find working in Auria that buggy, in fact I usually enjoy it. I've worked with Audio and MIDI and it all seems OK to me, the only recent annoyance I've had is that the AU list is not in alphabetical order. Everyone's mileage varies of course, and I think that working with AUs is problematic in every DAW bar AUM, you can see the same issues in Cubasis threads.

  • I don’t use Auria (yet), but still look at threads relating to it out of interest.

    Just reading this thread, it seems like the old AudioShare Open in workflow is busted. But the new Files workflow works. For apps that don’t support Files directly, you could export to AudioShare first, then use Files to move the audio clips to the Auria folder. For something like Blocs, try saving to Files when exporting, either to the AudioShare folder or the Auria folder.

  • I've just tested "Open In" from AS to Auria, and that is broken, the file disappears. I've reported the bug, we will see if it gets fixed.

  • edited May 13

    Open in from Auria to AudioShare - works fine. From AudioShare to Auria, just realized it doesn’t. Took me so long to notice it because it’s so much easier to drag and drop using files in slide over that “open in” became kind of obsolete for me.

  • Workaround (from the Auria forum, by the user krzycrs): tapping the waveform upper left corner to get into track view, menu/edit/share -> import from audioshare.
    Cheers

  • Thanks - the import option works well. Just a tad disappointing that a DAW oF this stature can’t get sound/files from any app.

  • @theconnactic said:
    Open in from Auria to AudioShare - works fine. From AudioShare to Auria, just realized it doesn’t. Took me so long to notice it because it’s so much easier to drag and drop using files in slide over that “open in” became kind of obsolete for me.

    aah! was going to say that using the Share menu item and importing that way works.. but now you have alerted me to Files drag and drop i feel proper numpty.. works great ..
    only just getting back into auria.. and I really wouldn’t bother as i am enjoying Cubasis for composing,, except that i need to edit sfx and music audio with frame accurate sync to video files at the mo.. and blow me if Auria Pro didn’t have the decency to include the Video import iap with the upgrade from normal auria... and it seems frame accurate to smpte.. so that was £4.99 saved and I’m finding it pretty quick and slick( apart from some bugs when doing certain processing on audio files, which they are looking into apparently )
    i did find that zipping a folder of Wavs and using ‘open in’ didn’t work,, until i tried just zipping the wavs without a containing folder and that works ok,,, except Audioshare won’t do that,, ( hello @Liljedahl ) Docs will do that though if you need a big bunch loading..
    but from now on it’s drag n drop for me..

Sign In or Register to comment.