Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Basic Workflow / Jam Set Up

Comments

• edited May 2018

That’s the first time I’ve heard it pronounced animog :)
    Nice setup there mate and liked Bebot but then again who wouldn’t

• @Arpseechord this is correct pronunciation and how Moog pronounced his name.

• @mjcouche said:
    @Arpseechord this is correct pronunciation and how Moog pronounced his name.

Mowg as in low or Mog as in log? RUST(i)K used both in his delightful video :)

• Nice workflow! Funny that the main reaction is how your accent pronouncing Moog!
    I've got all those apps so... Any chance you could upload the audiobus file so we can use your template? I really want to have a looping option to build tracks around but have never set up or used loopy to it's full potential. Cheers

• functional setup, cool :+1:

• Congrats, you’ve got all your devices and hardware connected together in a reasonable way.

• @Arpseechord rhymes with low. I took “log” to be an accent

• @Arpseechord said:
    That’s the first time I’ve heard it pronounced animog :)
    Nice setup there mate and liked Bebot but then again who wouldn’t

Thank you my very generous friend!

• @no1normal said:
    Nice workflow! Funny that the main reaction is how your accent pronouncing Moog!
    I've got all those apps so... Any chance you could upload the audiobus file so we can use your template? I really want to have a looping option to build tracks around but have never set up or used loopy to it's full potential. Cheers

What do you mean the Audiobus template?

Sure.

Let me know what ever you need.

Except for money and sex.

• @InfoCheck said:
    Congrats, you’ve got all your devices and hardware connected together in a reasonable way.

Thank you.

For a chaotic brain it is pretty sane somehow....

• @Telefunky said:
    functional setup, cool :+1:

Thank you appreciate it.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:
    Nice workflow! Funny that the main reaction is how your accent pronouncing Moog!

Sure.

Yeah Audiobus template would be sweet!

Cheers

• Awww, cool! thanks for sharing this!

• Hey @RUST( i )K

thanks for sharing! Really interesting setup and great connectivity :)
    Would you let me in, how you got the circuit in different inputs in AUM? This is great! How does this work? Thanks mate!!

• @no1normal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

Sure.

Cheers

Do it tonight

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey @RUST( i )K

thanks for sharing! Really interesting setup and great connectivity :)
    Would you let me in, how you got the circuit in different inputs in AUM? This is great! How does this work? Thanks mate!!

This is the basic set up.

I am running multiple ins.

Each has its own stereo processing setting.

USB both sides coming in gets 2 channels.

1 with Stereo Balance Setting
    1 with Mono (most clubs are in MONO so always like to have a mono strip coming in)
    I then have a L and R coming in.
    I got to Stereo Processing and choose PAN.
    I then correlate a PAN L setting on the PAN L and vice versa.
    I then add 1-3 channels each each either stereo or mono and add individual effect apps to those channels.

This allows me to solo/mute to get desired audio I want to come in.

Let me know anything I missed or wasn't clear on.

Thanks

• @RUST( i )K

thanks for your quick reply, Sir!
    Ah I see you have a setup which can be adopted to the corresponding situation, when needed!?
    I understood it that you have the circuit coming in and somehow on the way its split into 4 channels, like Synth one a channel in AUM, Synth 2 a channel in aUM, and the other two drum parts into 2 additional channels. I was wondering how you split this up between the circuit and the signal coming in in AUM

Video ==> 4:28.... and beside that the instance of Grooverider all synced in AUM via MIDI clock!? Ableton Link!?

I interpreted the video wrong then ;) but thanks for clarification and the inspiration. Good idea.

• @no1normal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

Sure.

Cheers

http://preset.audiob.us/#Rf3VBDT7JwTArT1

• @david_2017 said:
    @RUST( i )K

Ah I see you have a setup which can be adopted to the corresponding situation, when needed!?
    I understood it that you have the circuit coming in and somehow on the way its split into 4 channels, like Synth one a channel in AUM, Synth 2 a channel in aUM, and the other two drum parts into 2 additional channels. I was wondering how you split this up between the circuit and the signal coming in in AUM

Video ==> 4:28.... and beside that the instance of Grooverider all synced in AUM via MIDI clock!? Ableton Link!?

I interpreted the video wrong then ;) but thanks for clarification and the inspiration. Good idea.

You can get 2 channels coming out of circuit if you use its panning, you can send drums to left and synths to right...or maybe Kick and bass Synth left/everything else right, using this with the above AUM channels could give even more control.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@david_2017 said:
    @RUST( i )K

You can get 2 channels coming out of circuit if you use its panning, you can send drums to left and synths to right...or maybe Kick and bass Synth left/everything else right, using this with the above AUM channels could give even more control.

2 channels or 3?

BOTH
    LEFT
    RIGHT?

No?

Was I wrong?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@david_2017 said:
    @RUST( i )K

2 channels or 3?

BOTH
    LEFT
    RIGHT?

No?

Was I wrong?

No you weren’t. I was thinking of the physical connections. I missed the middle channel you can get also...do you get any bleed between the panned and centered sounds ?
    You may just have sold a problem for me :)

• edited May 2018

@AndyPlankton said:
    No you weren’t. I was thinking of the physical connections. I missed the middle channel you can get also...do you get any bleed between the panned and centered sounds ?

auto-correction seems to be right in sync with app-store, now that's machine learning...
    scnr o:)

• @Telefunky said:

@AndyPlankton said:

auto-correction seems to be right in sync with app-store, now that's machine learning...

LMAO....hadn't spotted that :lol:

• @RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

Sure.

Cheers

Thank you sir!

• @no1normal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@no1normal said:

Sure.

Cheers

Thank you sir!

Animoog is supposed to be on that if I forgot! SORRY

• @Telefunky said:

@AndyPlankton said:

LOL x2