Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Any one check out the new Brian Eno yet?

I’ve noticed this forum generally has a strong taste for Eno. He’s not my fav, but I do like a lot of his stuff (personally I think Scape is his greatest achievement; even over the early stuff like Music for Airports).

Anyway, just stumbled on ‘Music for Installations’ on Spotify. 24 tracks, all long form it seems, clocking in at 5 hrs and 25 mins of music. So far there’s some interesting stuff that I’ve never heard him do before (the vocoder stuff on ‘77 Million Paintings’ stands out). It’s all unmistakeably Eno, but in a good way. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

https://open.spotify.com/album/3z6IlwN9dnSMNXDI2nMbfq?si=_8rqE-bPTVWiwYn2GzY5wA

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up - I listen to Eno's ambient stuff while writing, and a fresh five hours is great news. Listened to half of it today and managed 2,100 words, so I think it'll be on heavy rotation for the next few weeks. Beautifully recorded and utterly background. Nice!