Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pitch shift app for guitar?

are there any pitch shift apps that can make a guitar sound like a bass guitar?

Comments

• You could try MIDImorphosis in conjunction with something like iFretless Bass or Thumb Ham. Thumb Jam even! Or anything that has the kind of bass sound you might like.

I'm sure JamUp has some kind of pitch shifter. In fact weren't they giving one away recently?

• Only a bass guitar sounds like a bass guitar. :-) But there's an octaver and a whammy IAP in jamup that could do the job. A seperate pitch shifter/harmonizer/octaver app for the FX slot would be great, though.
    Actually I was thinking about that just a few hours ago: I would really love to have a good emulation of the Electro Harmonix POG 2, which is a polyphonic octave generator (POG). It can process chords and add multiple octaves that can be fine tuned to be slightly out of tune and they can also fade in slowly and be filtered as well. You can get some very nice organ-like sounds with that pedal. I would be willing to pay quite some money for an app that can do this on the iPhone 5 with low latency.

• can anybody try on Jamup and see how close to a bass guitar sound they can get?

i've tried ifretlass bass.. wasn't successfull.

• which is better? i got midi guitar but the latency is pretty noticeable is midimorphosis better?

• I'm going to go out on a limb here. Buy or borrow a cheap bass guitar...

• What you want is a double neck bass/guitar with integrated midi trigger pads. Trust me. That's what I made to solve the problem...

• I used to attempt using the pitch shifter on my Boss GT-8 FX Processor to record bass tracks. Sounded like ass.

• as close as i can get .. here is a video of a guy using a pitch shift for bass.

i did that when i was recording w/reaper on pc.. i want to take the same idea but on ios

• Did what @synthandson suggested. I downloaded the guitar riff into Anytune and dropped it an octave, ported to Audioshare to trim it, then routed from Audioshare to JamUp Pro bass preset and then to Mulitrack DAW through Audiobus.

• hey how did you do this? can anybody get closer?
    can i use audiobus and have jamup as input and anytune efx down an octave and record to cubasis?
    which bass preset?

• For bass sound in my guitar, i use a bass amp from Bias with the octave pedal in jamup

• @Vejichan - I believe it was the Basic Bass preset that I used, and I didn't spend a lot of time dialing it in, so I'm sure there's a good deal of room for improvement available. I had JamUp after Anytune, so the pitch shift took place before the amp and effects. It would be interesting to try it both ways to see how they compare. I also tried the Octave pedal in JamUp, with no previous pitch shift, and got decent results with that too. In any case, you should be able to take the final output into Cubasis.

• Can u take a snapshot of your bass sounding guitar setup?

• Has anybody tried audiostretch? Thinking of the audio quality compared to anytune.