Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gated Universe

edited May 2018 in Creations

A thing i started just some days ago and the mention of a trancegate app and the good old Camel Space (but i use the Logic version called Step FX here a lot as well as Phat FX which is like the 2.0 from the good old Camel Phat) inspired me just to finish it today ;) Thx.

Comments

• Love the bass in particular but great tune. Brooding.

• edited May 2018

@richardyot said:
    Love the bass in particular but great tune. Brooding.

Thx....some simple but juicy bass trough Phat FX and Step FX (better known as Camel Space and Phat in the past).

• Very great production and arrangement Cib. If I may give some constructive observations upon my first listen. Really nice intro with that delicious bass but when the drum rhythm comes in I feel a slight bit of awkwardness like I wanted to hear more of the intro but..once I got into the driving beat and the melodies and themes I loved it. I felt in the third quarter of the songs progression the bass was to strong to the wonderful vocal , violin melody....i just felt the bass was overused at times...Can’t blame you though for using it because it sounds so rich. I give you a 9.5 out of 10
    Very fine inspired work here congrats and thanks for posting

• @Arpseechord said:
    Very great production and arrangement Cib. If I may give some constructive observations upon my first listen. Really nice intro with that delicious bass but when the drum rhythm comes in I feel a slight bit of awkwardness like I wanted to hear more of the intro but..once I got into the driving beat and the melodies and themes I loved it. I felt in the third quarter of the songs progression the bass was to strong to the wonderful vocal , violin melody....i just felt the bass was overused at times...Can’t blame you though for using it because it sounds so rich. I give you a 9.5 out of 10

Thank´s! Constructive critic is always welcome for sure. Yes, the bass is very dominant since it was the sound where it started with while i was playing with it mangled trough the Step FX.
    The bass is P900 which you can really gain stage plus Phat FX and Step FX i had to tame it down even -24db or so...still it is the focus here. The other things just happened and it´s also a short version of a 10 minutes thing :D
    I mainly use my open Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro for everything and mostly it sounds very clear, pronounced and rich through them. Soundcloud also is terrible for my taste and the compression they do is degrading the quality a lot.
    Also as usual i played all parts live and hate midi editing by hand (doesn´t matter if it´s touch or mouse or whatever).
    The bass rhythm is mainly the Step FX effect and the same bass does the squeechy effect via a gated comb-filter.
    It´s hard to control sometimes since i also live to do real time rhythmic effects.
    In the past i often used the iOS Alchemy to just hold a chord and "play" rhythmic stuff via the remix pads.
    It also started at a more trance like thing with 130-140 BPM but the older i get the more i tend to feel better between 100-120 BPM :) ....like my heartbeat in the morning, lol.

• @Cib said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Very great production and arrangement Cib. If I may give some constructive observations upon my first listen. Really nice intro with that delicious bass but when the drum rhythm comes in I feel a slight bit of awkwardness like I wanted to hear more of the intro but..once I got into the driving beat and the melodies and themes I loved it. I felt in the third quarter of the songs progression the bass was to strong to the wonderful vocal , violin melody....i just felt the bass was overused at times...Can’t blame you though for using it because it sounds so rich. I give you a 9.5 out of 10

Thank´s! Constructive critic is always welcome for sure. Yes, the bass is very dominant since it was the sound where it started with while i was playing with it mangled trough the Step FX.
    The bass is P900 which you can really gain stage plus Phat FX and Step FX i had to tame it down even -24db or so...still it is the focus here. The other things just happened and it´s also a short version of a 10 minutes thing :D
    I mainly use my open Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro for everything and mostly it sounds very clear, pronounced and rich through them. Soundcloud also is terrible for my taste and the compression they do is degrading the quality a lot.
    Also as usual i played all parts live and hate midi editing by hand (doesn´t matter if it´s touch or mouse or whatever).
    The bass rhythm is mainly the Step FX effect and the same bass does the squeechy effect via a gated comb-filter.
    It´s hard to control sometimes since i also live to do real time rhythmic effects.
    In the past i often used the iOS Alchemy to just hold a chord and "play" rhythmic stuff via the remix pads.
    It also started at a more trance like thing with 130-140 BPM but the older i get the more i tend to feel better between 100-120 BPM :) ....like my heartbeat in the morning, lol.

Ok Cib I just gave your track a listen with my Sennheiser HD 650s and that sounds much better. When I first listened it was coming out of my iPad mini 2 speaker which obviously doesn’t do justice to the mixing and mastering. Sounds to me like you know what you’re doing :) Too bad about Soundcloud compression but maybe they do that to prevent stealing music if it were of too high a resolution and maybe uploading and storage issues too.
    Gotta keep that 140BPM going :D