Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

★★FAC Envolver on App Store★★ Best ideas for a killer MIDI routing where FAC Envolver is involed ★★

This forum is great! and I'm happy! You should know already that when I'm happy I give promo codes. So here we are.

But first thank you all for your great support in the announcement campaign (link) Thx @Jumpercollins and also here Thx @Hmtx too!

Someone said about #FacEnvolver that the options are limitless for modulating any MIDI controllable parameters! I take the opportunity to give you a chance to win a promo code if you post in this thread your best ideas for a killer MIDI routing where Fac Envolver is involved :) Will be closed next Monday, the day of the release if everything is going well! I'll pick up 10 winners then.

Here is a bit of documentation => Online Documentation

ps: I had contact with @lars about support in Cubasis, and with Alessandro from ApeSoft (it's working in ApeMatrix) and also with Ricardo from Sequencism! And oh yes without forgetting the great AudioBus! More host will support MIDI !! This is great !!!

Guys, let's go let see what you can imagine :)

Comments

• edited May 2018

ah wow, awesome! and by mentioning promo codes (?) are you saying the app is out now!?

edit: haha, in my excitement I responded to the thread title before reading the entire post, sorry :lol:

looking forward to MONDAY!

• edited May 2018

Not entirely sure how I would use this at first, but I’d certainly love to give it a run. I use FAC Chorus and Maxima on most everything I do, and love using Transient for cleaning up “dirty” drum loops.

I would probably begin trying something like using a kick or cymbal hit to modulate the “Infinite” button on Eos2...have a massive verb on a synth bass part, but only when a cymbal hits. Or perhaps use a microphone input to voice control the filter on Model 15.

I’m sure I’m not yet grasping just what this can do yet, but based on the FAC pedigree, I’m looking forward to digging in and learning how to use it.

• @FredAntonCorvest , as you know from beta testing I am a huge fan of this app. One of my
    favorite setups is controlling volume for one channel, and controlling reverb mix in another channel. I haven’t tried it yet, but i want to setup a pan, so that everytime a bass drum hits, it shifts the audio of another track to an opposite channel. I thinks
    this app is going to melt minds. . so many possibilities. :)

• I’d like to modulate everything in Zeeon that’s an awesome synth and possibly do it with in Cubasisbwhich is amazing with midi. Looking forward to trying all this stuff! Or even modulating stuff with the amazing Rozeta suite. I guess the possibility is endless!

Thanks for all your amazing apps! So glad I have them all!

• Looking forward to this!

• Above I am using the built in LFO settings in Mobius Lab to change the feedback routing values or the gain outputs to change the routings for the fx.

Using the FAC Envolver I could have the harsh fx in the chain react to the position of the beat from the drum track. Hope fully positioning a pulse like fx tail after each beat.

• 'Auto Wah' by controlling AUM LP Filter on the source track and a 'Ducker' controlling the level of another track when the mic receives input would be two quite useable scenarios.

• edited May 2018

I was thinking of using this to sidechain compress on my mpc. Using envelope of kick(being sent from separate out to interface hooked to ipad) to trigger midi cc to control compressor on mpc.

• @eross said:
    @FredAntonCorvest , as you know from beta testing I am a huge fan of this app. One of my
    favorite setups is controlling volume for one channel, and controlling reverb mix in another channel. I haven’t tried it yet, but i want to setup a pan, so that everytime a bass drum hits, it shifts the audio of another track to an opposite channel. I thinks

Update.: i just modulated the pan, so that every time a bass hit, it shifted my synth track to the right side. the. i set it up so that when the same bass drum hit, it controlled the delay, and reverb mix knob of two other apps. it’s such a tripping effect. love this thing

• Using this with Filtatron would be my first thought, but to get creative:

I'd probably start using the kick drum and snare drum to trigger the filter cutoff for a clavinet - that way the clav is funking away with the beat. But what I'd do is have the kick trigger the filter for the left hand of the clav (the bass notes) and have the snare filter the right hand (the chordal/melody notes) so you could emulate the rhythm of the drums with a wah wah filter on the clav.

Next, I'd probably set Envolver to be triggered by a track using Replicant. This way all the glitchy stutters would trip out the envelope and create interesting rhythms for an effect - maybe the speed of a phaser or somethng. Whenever the filter opens the speed of the phaser increases....

Third - I'd like to set up Rozeta Particles to trigger a sound with a sharp attack and a short decay and use that as a rhythm generating tool to modulate LFO speeds in a synth....I'm not sure it would work, but I'd love to try some really non-traditional combos to see what this baby can do.

• edited May 2018

Okay, I’ll give it a go! So as we all know, single notes often sound cleaner than chords when distorted due to all the extra harmonics. Using Envolver to monitor an input signal and control a drive/distortion parameter through midi CC, attenuate (lower) the drive amount when chords - which are by their nature slightly louder - are played, making them sound a bit cleaner, and closer to the perceived distortion level of single notes. Hope this makes sense. Best of luck with the app!

• Would love to try this on Repulse the Monkey’s next album!

• Not sure exactly what I will try first but Egoist and Turnado are likely to be involved.

• edited May 2018

Reading about this app and DJ voice ducking got me thinking of producing a really strange dialogue in a track where two people are talking,stream-of-consciousness, one on each channel, and you use a sound source with FAC Envolver to MIDI control the volume of the channel, and invert another instance to control the volume of the second channel, so they sound like they are having a rhythmic conversation but one that makes absolutely no sense. Alternatively you may be able to put them on the left and right of a channel and use MIDI controlled panning instead.

@FredAntonCorvest well there’s my bonkers idea! :joy:

Good luck with the launch,
    Gus

• @eross said:
    @FredAntonCorvest , as you know from beta testing I am a huge fan of this app. One of my

Sounds great.

• I would like to try to map the tempo. With a mix at 50%, the result can be interesting

• I´ll play along for a promo code.
    I would put the envolver on a mic input and setup the cc to the tempo so i could hum and the louder i hum the faster to tempo gets.
    sometimes i need to breathe to take fresh air in and so the tempo slows. by that the meaning breathing life into a track becomes a literal meaning ;D

• This might be boring, but many times a piano patch with a synth pad layered on top get in the way of each other. If the piano attack triggered a lpf and volume on the pad it might clean it up a bit.

• I'M GOING TO USE FAC ENVOLVER TO HELP TREAT MY VOICE IMMODULATION SYNDROME.

• @aaronpc said:
    I'M GOING TO USE FAC ENVOLVER TO HELP TREAT MY VOICE IMMODULATION SYNDROME.

hahaha Brilliant!

• edited May 2018

Always been a fan of envelope followers controlling filter cutoff frequency on the drum bus. From reading the documentation it should provide a good amount of control over gated reverb type stuff which is another favourite here. Blending and panning between a sustained evolving sound and that same sound in reverse should work well also. I'm sure I could find some more interesting uses if I had the app on my iPad.

Great idea for a giveaway, promo code threads are often 5 happy posts and 10 pages of complaints!

• edited May 2018

I’m just a beginner at this :) I’d be curious to see what I could brew with Envolver, Zeeon, Quantum, some Audio Damage app like Discord and drive it in Aum with some involvement of Fac maxima, transient etc. But perhaps this would be too ambitious for a midi noob :D

• I am looking forward

ADD TO THE SET

• @Arpseechord said:
    I’m just a beginner at this :) I’d be curious to see what I could brew with Envolver, Zeeon, Quantum, some Audio Damage app like Discord and drive it in Aum with some involvement of Fac maxima, transient etc. But perhaps this would be too ambitious for a midi noob :D

I was confused about how I’d go about using Envolver once I have it, but when I realised Rozeta has an LFO Tool (i.e. an automation tool), I checked out a tutorial for THAT and realised AUM has a side to it I’ve never seen before.

• Ooooh I would like to use it on and two instances of Model D (one dry and one with a certain chorus app :smile: ) I would modulate a LPF on the chorus giving it some good lofi sound action.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Arpseechord said:

I was confused about how I’d go about using Envolver once I have it, but when I realised Rozeta has an LFO Tool (i.e. an automation tool), I checked out a tutorial for THAT and realised AUM has a side to it I’ve never seen before.

Looks like a good time to pick up Rozeta and check out those tutorials :)
    Amazing times and apps for us to explore and enjoy

• I would try all manner of silly things to see what’s possible.

Feedback loops with Bus Sends in AUM (Bus A sending to Bus A for example) would be one of my initial tests which would allow reduction of transients with increased feedback. I’d try it manually first and then use Envolver to modify the Send amount via CC. Of course I would try to take this to some meta level of feedback nonsense, pre- and post-fader, sending to multiple Envolvers on a different channels with effects as well as the same channel. Throw a FAC Transient or two in there and hopefully some throbbing goodness will give me a stupid smile!

The goal would be to be able to play something relatively simple and repetitive and have it come noisily alive with undulating somewhat-controlled automation.

Then grab a mic and Envolver all that based on abrupt vocal patterns. Looking forward to the experiments!

• edited May 2018

I would like to try using generative apps as a source (like Xynthsizr or maybe just Future Drummer if I want something more predictable and generally rhythmic) and route that to the velocity and/or filter of a synth, the parameter probably depending on the type of sound...velocity might work really well with a bass arp, for example, but filter/resonance for a softer pad or drone. That might create some interesting and unique combinations that really make sounds come alive, or lend a bit more unpredictability to an otherwise fixed composition.

• I would use FAC Envolver for ducking with vocals on tracks where other instruments are also in the mid range rather than using a filter to eliminate the conflict. I have these camera shutter samples that produce short pulses with some character. I’d use several FAC Envolver instances to generate a gating timbre effect by manipulating it’s controls on the same audio source (e.g. a Bach Fugue) and then setup controls to fade in between these variations with slow rise and fall pad sounds for the longer bass notes as the source for generating the FAC Envolver CC for the morph fades.

• I'd like to try modulating the pitch of Dischord4 for a vocoder effect.