Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why You Should Check Out Audulus

12346»

Comments

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    If you guys could know what I know, you'd be flipping out about what's coming.

That's job #1 around here: waiting for the "Game Changer". Good luck getting the app finished. I bought it primarily because I can also use it on my Mac too since I tend to read the forum on my Mac and I hate getting up to get the iPad. It's a workflow thing.

• Sounds more like a geriatric thing. :D ;)

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    For some reason I wasn't getting any notifications of this thread happening! Hey y'all.> @rs2000 said:

@Audulus_Mark
    How are things going with Audulus as an AUv3 FX or generator plugin?
    I've purchased Audulus in May and hoped for AUv3 soon, so may I ask if you would consider releasing it even when there are still a few apps that have issues hosting it?
    I guess you'll never reach perfection in software anyway ;)
    I would even be happy to only have preset selection and a selection of macro controls on the AUv3 screen, with full editing being possible in the standalone app.

Sorry - wasn't getting any notifications so just saw this!

We're really really close with AUv3 for Audulus. It will just be effect and instrument. You'll be able to do full editing in it, not just preset selection.

MIDI AUv3 will come with Audulus 4.

AUv3 hosting within Audulus is something that will come to Audulus 4, hopefully right at release, but not sure.

We're in the design phase of Audulus 4 right now. If you guys could know what I know, you'd be flipping out about what's coming. It's a huge change that I think everyone will really love, and it will draw in more of the skeptics who feel like Audulus is overwhelming or complicated (and yet it won't alienate current users - everyone will love this new thing).

What’s the expected release price? And why would users want to buy Audulus 3 now, if it massively changing with the new version and it’s not an upgrade, but a new app purchase?

I ask because, I purchased Audulus 3 about a year or so ago, and soon afer I started hearing talk of the new vesion, and it was going to change a lot of things and would not be an upgrade, but a new purchase.

Then I started hearing about people getting the opportunity to create modules and sell them within the app, and at that point I was gone.

Risking the time and mental investment to wrap my head around something of this scope, only to find out a new version is right aroundd the corner, and I have to pay to re-learn another new version, or pay others to build a module for me, but then who owns it?

Just my $.002

• Why would users want to buy Audulus 3 now?

BECAUSE AUDULUS 3 IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

Audulus 4 won't change that.

@Breezee said:

@Audulus_Mark said:
    For some reason I wasn't getting any notifications of this thread happening! Hey y'all.> @rs2000 said:

@Audulus_Mark
    I've purchased Audulus in May and hoped for AUv3 soon, so may I ask if you would consider releasing it even when there are still a few apps that have issues hosting it?
    I would even be happy to only have preset selection and a selection of macro controls on the AUv3 screen, with full editing being possible in the standalone app.

We're really really close with AUv3 for Audulus. It will just be effect and instrument. You'll be able to do full editing in it, not just preset selection.

AUv3 hosting within Audulus is something that will come to Audulus 4, hopefully right at release, but not sure.

We're in the design phase of Audulus 4 right now. If you guys could know what I know, you'd be flipping out about what's coming. It's a huge change that I think everyone will really love, and it will draw in more of the skeptics who feel like Audulus is overwhelming or complicated (and yet it won't alienate current users - everyone will love this new thing).

What’s the expected release price? And why would users want to buy Audulus 3 now, if it massively changing with the new version and it’s not an upgrade, but a new app purchase?

I ask because, I purchased Audulus 3 about a year or so ago, and soon afer I started hearing talk of the new vesion, and it was going to change a lot of things and would not be an upgrade, but a new purchase.

Then I started hearing about people getting the opportunity to create modules and sell them within the app, and at that point I was gone.

Risking the time and mental investment to wrap my head around something of this scope, only to find out a new version is right aroundd the corner, and I have to pay to re-learn another new version, or pay others to build a module for me, but then who owns it?

Just my $.002

• @Audulus_Mark said:

@Audulus_Mark

Hey Mark, thank you very much for the update.
    AUv3 effect and instrument. Yay!!!
    I'm very much looking forward to this already.

Does MIDI AUv3 mean that I'll be able to build my own MIDI processors and sequencing objects in Audulus 4?

• @Breezee said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

@Audulus_Mark

Just my $.002

You got it for 2/10ths of a cent? Bargain.

• I think the reason to buy Audulus 3 now would be to have the oppprtunity to use and learn Audulus now. The development of Audulus 4 will take some time too. It’s also another way to support development. It’s on sale for $9.99.

• @InfoCheck said:
    I think the reason to buy Audulus 3 now would be to have the oppprtunity to use and learn Audulus now. The development of Audulus 4 will take some time too. It’s also another way to support development. It’s on sale for $9.99.

Yep, that's what I think too. And @Audulus_Mark just confirmed that he'll keep his promise to add AUv3 as FX and instrument in V3, so you really get something for your money.
    For the saved $10 you can get yourself a couple of delicious beers and sit down and learn from the great creations that Audulus forum members have done.
    In fact, it's not only about the app, but also about the forum dedicated to it.
    Every other time I get an update notification, I'm surprised what those wizards do, with the latest update incorporating a nice 4-operator FM module that is very much Yamaha'esque, including all waveforms.

• @TheVimFuego said:

@Breezee said:

@Audulus_Mark said:

@Audulus_Mark

Just my $.002

You got it for 2/10ths of a cent? Bargain.

LOL - winner!!

https://consumerist.com/2010/02/23/verizon-didnt-know-difference-between-difference-between-002-and-00002/

• @Breezee - It's going to be the same price, and the reason you should buy Audulus 3 is that it will be a while until Audulus 4 comes out, and any work you do in 3 will translate to 4. Apple doesn't allow for "upgrades" so we can't offer them either. Though you can get around it by making the upgrade an in-app purchase, it gets messy with code and doesn't make a clean break from 3 to 4. We have to charge "again" for the app since maintaining an app like Audulus requires a lot more work than maintaining the average iOS music app.

As far as people being able to make and sell modules in the app, that's a possibility at this point, but not a certainty. The idea would be that people could create their own marketplace, like VCV Rack has, where they'd be encouraged to promote their own creations and even put more time into them to make them more complex, sound better, etc. You wouldn't have to pay people to build modules for you - nothing would require you to buy anything other people make more than you'd be required to download everything that everyone's posted on the forum for Audulus. Audulus the program itself will be complete insomuch as you will be able to use all the built-in nodes to create whatever you want.

Also, whatever you learn in Audulus can translate into other synths. It's not like you're learning Audulus as this isolated island program and it has its own jargon and own way of doing things. What you learn will apply to other programs you already have, so the more you get to know Audulus, the more you'll be able to get out of the synths you already have.

@rs2000 - yes, you will be able to make your own MIDI processing effects. Place the AUv3 in between your MIDI keyboard and, say, Korg PolySix, and you could create a custom probability-based arpeggiator, like this one that allows you to set individual note probabilities: https://forum.audulus.com/t/midi-input-histogram-capture-random-play/1313/10

• @Audulus_Mark said:
    @rs2000 - yes, you will be able to make your own MIDI processing effects. Place the AUv3 in between your MIDI keyboard and, say, Korg PolySix, and you could create a custom probability-based arpeggiator, like this one that allows you to set individual note probabilities: https://forum.audulus.com/t/midi-input-histogram-capture-random-play/1313/10

Wow!
    KARMA function, here I come :smiley:

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Mark Boyd, AKA Biminiroad leaves the Audulus team.

https://forum.audulus.com/t/im-leaving-audulus-but-not-completely/1891

Mark was a great resource. Fortunately this shouldn't impact app development. Mark was/is a great evangelist. Hopefully, the Audulus community will take up the slack.

• I read about version 4 coming some later this year to an iPad near you.
    Hopefully this Audulus evolution will not pan out...

• @david_2017 said:
    I read about version 4 coming some later this year to an iPad near you.

You are hoping Audulus 4 won't come out later this year?

• That's a loss for Audulus, Mark was a great bonus for the platform :)

• @espiegel123 said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh no,... sorry. That went totally into the wrong direction then. I mean that I hope that this news will not result in a abandonment of Audulus. I got it last November (V3) and I read that there will not be an update with AUv3 for version 3 but version 4.
    I like it but all I read about v.4 was really intriguing- so I hope it will still come ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@espiegel123 said:

@david_2017 said:

Oh no,... sorry. That went totally into the wrong direction then. I mean that I hope that this news will not result in a abandonment of Audulus. I got it last November (V3) and I read that there will not be an update with AUv3 for version 3 but version 4.
    I like it but all I read about v.4 was really intriguing- so I hope it will still come ;)

As @espiegel123 has shared, Mark did do any of the programming for the app itself. He’ll still participate in the community though he has other family driven priorities he’s pursuing as he talks about here: https://forum.audulus.com/t/im-leaving-audulus-but-not-completely/1891/12

• I think @InfoCheck meant to say Mark did NOT do any of the programming.

My fingers are crossed for Audulus 4. I think the issues that prevented AUv3 made them realize that proceeding with a re-architecture made more sense than putting a ton of effort releasing AUv3 with some issues not resolvable without re-architecture.

They were pretty close to release of the AUv3 when they realized it.

A great reminder that turning complex apps to AUv3 is much harder than a lot of people appreciate.

I think A4 will also address a lot of things. It is tough lonely work.