Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 Sample based Drum Apps

We seem to be lacking AUv3 sample based drum apps compared with other Audio Unit categories can anyone recommend one? I’m looking at apps like Drum Jam etc.

Comments

• edited May 2018

Beathawk, Vatanator, Noise Drums, SwarPlug (that’s all I can think of).

• edited May 2018

Bs-16i

• @Audiojunkie said:
    Bs-16i

drum app?

• @Shazamm said:

@Audiojunkie said:
    Bs-16i

drum app?

Sure, there are drums in the default soundfont. Can load your own fonts.

• Unfortunately there’s a current bug in bs-16i that you can’t save your own sound fonts in the AU but when that’s fixed will be cool.
    Vatanator is currently the one for me, works well since last update.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I use Reslice :-) can load single hits and have multiple instances. Or in some cases i've made 'banks' of hits in a single wav and imported that to Reslice, ready for sequencing with Rozeta.

Me too - it works great if you don’t mind making a few sample chains. Can be a good solution and it has lots of sound-shaping potential, although the last time I checked it’s not velocity-sensitive, which might put off a few folks.

Vatanator looks pretty awesome.

DRambo’s on the way, of course. Just not quite yet.

• Love Reslice too, just wish you could modulate the pitch of each slice via midi....

• I've been tempted by Reslice (even if I already have Egoist, Blocs, Samplr, etc) these days. And you guys keep talking about it! Oh boy! :lol:

• Regarding @Jumpercollins question, i've been using mostly BS-16i for my AU drums. But maybe that's because I don't really get beathawk as AU :disappointed:

• @senhorlampada said:
    I've been tempted by Reslice (even if I already have Egoist, Blocs, Samplr, etc) these days. And you guys keep talking about it! Oh boy! :lol:

I am a big Egoist fan and have tried Reslice a few times but it never really stuck for me. Maybe if it had its own sequencer? Maybe using the arp you can sequence slices well? I probably just need to get to know it but everything I did just sounded kind of hokey.

• @d4d0ug said:

@AudioGus said:

@senhorlampada said:
    I've been tempted by Reslice (even if I already have Egoist, Blocs, Samplr, etc) these days. And you guys keep talking about it! Oh boy! :lol:

I am a big Egoist fan and have tried Reslice a few times but it never really stuck for me. Maybe if it had its own sequencer? Maybe using the arp you can sequence slices well? I probably just need to get to know it but everything I did just sounded kind of hokey.

Does work really well with Rozeta as a sequencer. I haven't really got my head around the built-in arp!

Mmmm, that does get me thinking how the big ipad with Aum and AUs could be nice...

• @Dawdles said:.

I'll get round to mailing retronyms with requests at some point...

Retronyms might not be too receptive regarding ReSlice requests. Best talk to Virsyn about it

• So is Reslice still the best option? Hows the CPU drain?

• Audio Layer by Virsyn i think come out since this thread. More of a normal sample player au

• Acoustic drums iap in BeatHawk is the best there is!

• edited January 2019

It's "Not an AUv3" ,but Patterning 2 is a BEAST of a drum app....the best hands down.

• edited January 2019

I use BeatHawk. It took some time getting it to finally work properly for my workflow (many updates) but it’s stable now so it’s easily my number one. I use Audio Layer and ReSlice in conjunction. Pretty much the only Virsyn apps I jive with. But importing zips into BH is beyond easy and that is huge. I really like BH and I never thought I would but I do. So fast, so easy. Sounds fantastic. Also the new iMPC pro2 for iPhone is super usable. Another app I thought I’d never like. It’s really good for sample beat creation. Also imports zips and batch loads from AudioCopy!!! Huge.