Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something NEW from apeSoft is brewing

Comments

• Damn! :smiley: That looks great.

• Looks awesome, sounds HIDEOUS. So far anyway.

• edited May 2018

Seems like some sort of AUM replacement. However the UI doesent look half as usable, or even half usable :/ Been waiting for something like AUM 2.0 for ages, but this doesent convince. Hopefully it will develop a lot further

• edited May 2018

Ape matrix control manager for plugins? Interesting! I love routing utilities! :smile:

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Looks awesome, sounds HIDEOUS. So far anyway.

>

Agreed.

That demo sound was like an accident in a music store. :)

• Bad choice of synth sounds, and I don’t need a replacement for AUM, but could be interesting.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I always wanted Alessandro to release his lfo module as an AU but this is one way of using that on all plugins.
    Interesting....:)

• Mmhhh, not sure. As usual i´m a bit more not sure if that is so amazing. It looks like a automations thingie with a lot clicking around and open and close list to scroll. I might be wrong.
    But i´m still amazed at the euphoric here about such a small intro with a terrible sound :)

• What other app did they use that matrix on, I can’t quite remember. Maybe it was on one of the apps I used to test for them. I do remember using one like that though.

• yes, and it must have been public... reminded me on the matrix patch in iVCS back then.

• it's similar to the matrix in iDensity

• Launchpad integration?

• @Dawdles said:
    Didn't realise was a video! Looks great with the modulation options. Wonder if it has its own Arpeggiator too?

Aum is quite vanilla considering the potential it has. It's great in a practical sense as a mixer/router, but not overly interesting for convenient/fast creative application outside of routing. At least I havent used it like that, maybe I'm just being lazy tho and all this is possible in AUM with some setting up...

I wouldn't be rude to call you lazy, but I wouldn't say AUM is vanilla. I agree, it's not convenient/fast sometimes but the options available (especially when combined with AB) with routing audio, midi and cc control parameters are 2nd to none for live jamming.

I personally don't find this attractive as an owner of AB + AUM (kinda like buying iMPC2 after having BM3) unless it offers something incredibly unique (i dunno, like a built-in step sequencer or if it costs $2.99 lol).

• I'm on board with ANYTHING apeSoft cares to grace us with. They are thinking so outside the box it's not even funny.

I can't wait for this and I don't even know what it is.

• @Daveypoo said:
    I'm on board with ANYTHING apeSoft cares to grace us with. They are thinking so outside the box it's not even funny.

I can't wait for this and I don't even know what it is.

That's where I'm at.

• I'll say this - I went over to FB and watched the video. HOLY CRAP! If they've figured out a way to expand their whole "LFO-on-any-knob" concept to ANY AUv3 synth (which seems quite likely), that alone would be worth it's weight in gold. Never mind the routing possibilities of an actual MIDI effect matrix.

Looks like I've got more new apps to buy and more old apps to ignore....

• With everything new I learn, I have to forget something. The problem is, that I don't get to pick what I forget.

• I think he is trying to suck us into the unlimited lfo/automation matrix for non apeSoft apps. Interesting.