Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: Out to Get the Money - Animated Music Video

Made a weird song with toy instrument samples and iOS apps. Then I made it weirder by adding spoken word vocals from the boy, read verbatim from 1930s Hank Fletcher comics. Then decided to take said comics and kick the weirdness up yet another notch.

Enjoy?

YouCompose, Cubasis Mini Sampler, Phosphor, Enkl among others. Mixed and augmented in Motu Digital Performer.
Video made with AfterEffects

Also on Soundcloud

Comments

• This is really ambitious and well done - bravo!

• Take it from a professional cartoonist--great job, top notch all the way 'round.

• Cool project, thats a slick final product.

• xlnt! a creative inspiration!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i presume you mean Fletcher Hanks? :)
    love his primitive style.. did you get as drunk as he always was to make this?

• Thanks much, guys! Glad to see it's going over well. It's not my first animation rodeo, but it's been a while since I committed to something so immersive.

@Dawdles This project took a little over two weeks. Pretty quick turnaround for me, but having all the content sitting there at the ready certainly helped. If I had needed to make my own assets it would have been 2 months +. If you want to do this sort of thing, here are some useful YouTube search terms:

null object tracking (for binding multiple layers together so you can move them around together)
    easy ease (more natural movement)
    speed graph (fine-tuning ease-ins and outs)
    track matte (masking)
    motion blur (smoother motion of fast moving objects)

• @RockySmalls said:
    i presume you mean Fletcher Hanks? :)

Hah. Funny. Yes, Fletcher.

I didn't get drunk, but I did neglect my family while making it.

• @aaronpc said:

@RockySmalls said:
    i presume you mean Fletcher Hanks? :)

Hah. Funny. Yes, Fletcher.

I didn't get drunk, but I did neglect my family while making it.

ah! so you were following in his footsteps... please don't freeze to death on a park bench like he did..
    it's a really terrific piece.. i often looked over mr Hanks weirdness and thought how it could be animated but you have totally put the e for effort in there.. musically and visually..

• Much thanks, @RockySmalls. I have a compilation book of his work called "I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets!" that the boy is pretty fascinated with, so I did for him as much as anything. Plus, I'm about three times faster in After Effects now! #2manyhobbies

• hopefully yr boy won't take on board the insane black & white moral code mr Hanks projects.. if yr not worried about that :). ( or you want more fodder for animating? ) there is a follow up volume " you shall die by your own evil creation " that pretty much covers the rest of his strange strips and completes the set.. features a lot more of the skull faced girl Fantomah! and Space Smith ( who is basically Stardust but probably renamed to sell it to a different company for the price of a bottle of whisky )
    I first encountered him in early 80s Raw comic.. they reprinted a few Stardust the Super Wizard strips ,, the shape of that guy!! even a lifetime in the gym wouldn't get you there.. so glad they put these comps together a decade or so ago..
    you really caught the repetitive obsessive vibe he goes off on in his drawing..

• Cool and fun...great work!