Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Was Thumbjam made by god?

2»

Comments

• and the patience of a saint..

• Lol. I agree.

• Patience of a Developer Diety!!! First app I ever bought, changed my whole IOS experience forever! @Vejichan, there's very few apps or developers that are on this level of awesomeness! You should print and frame his response to you. (In a really nice frame, too!) ThumbJam is similar to AB in its influence in moving IOS from a few Cat Pianos to a state of the art music creation system.

• edited March 2014

• ThumbJam was one of my first instrument apps too...and it is still one of the best!
    Great, expressive interface and super samples ... a classic!

• Thumbjamb was one of the first IOS synths I ever bought. Many more synths have joined it on my iPad over time, and many have left. But Thumbjam has never left page 1.

• thanks! i went ahead and bought drumjam too

• ok finally tried thumbjam with pbass sim. My guitar pickups are pretty hot. How should i set the THR/VEL/GLI? and how can i get a better response?

• ..and while we're throwing compliments at sonosoarus, I'd like to highlight the most underrated app around: DrumJam. I use it for percussion on almost every track. In addition to that it has something that everyone thinks is missing from IOS, a multisample drum kit! If it had more drum-kits and loops (e.g. rock/alternative) - all IAPs of course :-), it would be the closest iOS has to a Superior Drummer type app.

• i'm pretty sure an update is coming to DrumJam very very soon - with more kits and loops i'd bet...

• @Halftone, indeed you are correct.... although the new kits and loops are not more rock ones.... yet.

@Vejichan, extra careful playing style (muting other strings, very particular articulation) helps the most. Also choosing the range on the guitar to play can affect things.. try it low, or high (and adjust the octave offset in the app to get the final pitch you want).

• Yeah, DrumJam is sooo tempting to me but the lack of rock kits is holding me back from purchasing it. The ethnic sounds just don't fit in my musical style.