PSA: Don't update to iOS 12.4 if you use apps in AB output slot or IAA apps that use the mic.
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34030/urgent-psa-hold-off-updating-to-ios-12-4-if-you-use-apps-in-output-slot-in-audiobus

Trancegate AU - “Perforator” available now

13

Comments

  • Looking good :)

  • Great, now i want it even more.
    When will you release the app @brambos ?

  • Me thinks perforator plus Brice pads presets on Zeeon will be a problema

  • @realdawei said:
    Me thinks perforator plus Brice pads presets on Zeeon will be a problema

    I thought you said crossing the streams was bad, Egon.

  • Oh yes. We will definitely apply this to a track or two on the next RTM album.

  • Can't help it but I'm already thinking about what's next after Perforator is out and it's a Modulator with ~8 lanes that send either notes or CC's with an optional value interpolation between the steps. That would be perfect companion to Model D or Zeeon etc and even serve as a 'pattern note&cc sequencer' for Cubasis :)

  • @brambos said:

    Very cool! The filter has resonance built in or are my ears deceiving me?

  • @DCJ said:

    @brambos said:

    Very cool! The filter has resonance built in or are my ears deceiving me?

    Indeed, a modest little amount, just enough to add some juice around the cutoff point. :)

  • @Samu said:
    Can't help it but I'm already thinking about what's next after Perforator.

    >

    Still hoping for the Brambos Melody Maker, with autochord.

  • really hope we get a SONG MAKER someday @brambos
    btw. how far are we from release. my money is ready to be thrown at the screen.

  • Maybe an au loop recorder fx, put it on a bus, record for a set length of bars then mute the in coming audio replacing it with the recorded loop, would be awsome

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:
    my money is ready to be thrown at the screen.

    My money just bounced off the screen and hit me in the face. There's gotta be an easier way..... :p

  • @vitocorleone123 said:
    My money just bounced off the screen and hit me in the face. There's gotta be an easier way..... :p

    The Trancegate must've been on. You have to wait for it to open before tossing the money.

  • A quick demo showing Perforator's Bonus Feature: AU MIDI output. In this case the Left and Right channels are sending out MIDI CC codes independently, which can be routed to AU Parameters in other plugins (in this case to various parameters of MV08's snare and hihat sounds).

    Due to the snappy nature of the envelopes, these MIDI streams can be effectively applied to mimic so-called Parameter Lock automation.

    Note: the AU MIDI feature requires iOS11 and a compatible host. The Perforator audio effect itself requires iOS10 or higher and doesn't need AU MIDI compatibility.

  • @Zen210507 said:

    @Samu said:
    Can't help it but I'm already thinking about what's next after Perforator.

    >

    Still hoping for the Brambos Melody Maker, with autochord.

    Or something on the lines of "Captain Chords Vst"?... Now that would be fab.........
    https://binged.it/2Kvnt7J

  • @studs1966 said:
    Or something on the lines of "Captain Chords Vst"?... Now that would be fab.........
    https://binged.it/2Kvnt7J

    >

    On yes, I’d buy that for sure.

  • Where do I leave my money?

    On the nightstand?

  • @brambos said:
    A quick demo showing Perforator's Bonus Feature: AU MIDI output. In this case the Left and Right channels are sending out MIDI CC codes independently, which can be routed to AU Parameters in other plugins (in this case to various parameters of MV08's snare and hihat sounds).

    Due to the snappy nature of the envelopes, these MIDI streams can be effectively applied to mimic so-called Parameter Lock automation.

    Note: the AU MIDI feature requires iOS11 and a compatible host. The Perforator audio effect itself requires iOS10 or higher and doesn't need AU MIDI compatibility.

    There I was, quite happy with my tools and workflow, finally started making some tunes rather than just messing about, and you go and do this....Grrrr
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

  • @brambos did you read my question about tempo modulation?

    Fair enough if you didn't want to answer, but I'm just curious as I though it quite a nice effect.

  • Oh, please stop teasing! :smiley:

  • @Jocphone said:
    @brambos did you read my question about tempo modulation?

    Fair enough if you didn't want to answer, but I'm just curious as I though it quite a nice effect.

    Sorry, it got lost in a series of comments. Tempo is synced to host tempo. No tempo modulation inside the plugin, unless you also modulate the host tempo. But you can create e.g. polyrhythmic effects by using odd numbers of steps, or by using a triplet pattern on a 4/4 track.

  • For me this thread has turned into "Is it out yet?" :)

  • @brambos said:

    @Jocphone said:
    @brambos did you read my question about tempo modulation?

    Fair enough if you didn't want to answer, but I'm just curious as I though it quite a nice effect.

    Sorry, it got lost in a series of comments. Tempo is synced to host tempo. No tempo modulation inside the plugin, unless you also modulate the host tempo. But you can create e.g. polyrhythmic effects by using odd numbers of steps, or by using a triplet pattern on a 4/4 track.

    No probs, I was more interested in switching from one speed to another.

    Is it possible to switch presets using MIDI? That would achieve similar.

  • @Jocphone said:

    @brambos said:

    @Jocphone said:
    @brambos did you read my question about tempo modulation?

    Fair enough if you didn't want to answer, but I'm just curious as I though it quite a nice effect.

    Sorry, it got lost in a series of comments. Tempo is synced to host tempo. No tempo modulation inside the plugin, unless you also modulate the host tempo. But you can create e.g. polyrhythmic effects by using odd numbers of steps, or by using a triplet pattern on a 4/4 track.

    No probs, I was more interested in switching from one speed to another.

    Is it possible to switch presets using MIDI? That would achieve similar.

    I guess you could automate switches between the different time resolutions :)

  • @brambos said:

    @Jocphone said:

    @brambos said:

    @Jocphone said:
    @brambos did you read my question about tempo modulation?

    Fair enough if you didn't want to answer, but I'm just curious as I though it quite a nice effect.

    Sorry, it got lost in a series of comments. Tempo is synced to host tempo. No tempo modulation inside the plugin, unless you also modulate the host tempo. But you can create e.g. polyrhythmic effects by using odd numbers of steps, or by using a triplet pattern on a 4/4 track.

    No probs, I was more interested in switching from one speed to another.

    Is it possible to switch presets using MIDI? That would achieve similar.

    I guess you could automate switches between the different time resolutions :)

    Yeah that would do it. Thanks. Looking forward to release.

  • Ship eet!

  • Where the heck did I leave that "PURCHASE" button? I know its laying around here somewhere.

  • edited May 2018

    @brambos please let me test this D= i swear i wont ask for any additional features. just will see if anything breaks is all.

  • The app is now waiting for review at Apple. Let's hope it goes a bit smoother than with Kosmonaut.

    While we wait, here's another demo of the MIDI OUT P.Locks routed into Ruismaker FM...

Sign In or Register to comment.