Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Paradigm Time? If Not Now When?

13»

Comments

• ^tell me about your mother^

• @InfoCheck said:
    @cib @Dubbylabby @TheoryNotes it is interesting to me how each of you seem very disappointed in iOS as a music platform and give all sorts of reasons why you prefer other platforms for making music. Any instrument, music hardware, software, or OS will have strong and weak points. For my needs iOS works well.

What motivates you to spend so much time commenting on a forum focused on iOS which you find significantly lacking versus on sites that are more in line with your preferred modes/tools for music making or even making music itself?

I expend little time compared to last two years when iOS10 was working properly and I enjoyed my only iOS setup with Novation launch controllers and so. I missed some tools but expected they come some day... mmm no. They will not happen or the total effort will be bigger than dedicated solutions (ie arrangers) so ATM I’m more focused on setting up my own blog inside steemit/dtube and ditching all the other sites/social networks (fb, instagram, tweeter and dedicated sites like this or digitalvertigo forums) but I have some friends and addictions (like try to help others) which I’m healing too :trollface:

Also focusing on getting ready more outside activities (learning more piano, go to gym and maybe find a part time job :lol:) meanwhile steemit and gigs bring me revenue to make a living... :mrgreen:

• @Dubbylabby said:

@InfoCheck said:
    @cib @Dubbylabby @TheoryNotes it is interesting to me how each of you seem very disappointed in iOS as a music platform and give all sorts of reasons why you prefer other platforms for making music. Any instrument, music hardware, software, or OS will have strong and weak points. For my needs iOS works well.

What motivates you to spend so much time commenting on a forum focused on iOS which you find significantly lacking versus on sites that are more in line with your preferred modes/tools for music making or even making music itself?

I expend little time compared to last two years when iOS10 was working properly and I enjoyed my only iOS setup with Novation launch controllers and so. I missed some tools but expected they come some day... mmm no. They will not happen or the total effort will be bigger than dedicated solutions (ie arrangers) so ATM I’m more focused on setting up my own blog inside steemit/dtube and ditching all the other sites/social networks (fb, instagram, tweeter and dedicated sites like this or digitalvertigo forums) but I have some friends and addictions (like try to help others) which I’m healing too :trollface:

Also focusing on getting ready more outside activities (learning more piano, go to gym and maybe find a part time job :lol:) meanwhile steemit and gigs bring me revenue to make a living... :mrgreen:

That makes sense, good luck with those efforts. I’d agree that iOS isn’t a good platform if you want consistency. With the latest iPad Pros, Apple didn’t compensate for the larger screens with higher resolutions and faster refresh rates so in some setups the performance isn’t as good as on older iPads. I don’t think this had ever been the case before (except perhaps the iPad 3)?

I wonder how much of people’s complaints are due to new iPad Pro issues rather than iOS 11?

• edited May 2018

Thanks Sir @InfoCheck!
    I had iPad 3 and survived until last iOS... now with iPad mini4 I’m feeling ditched as user more than ever. It isn’t a part... it’s Apple management...
    I’m not gonna play the God card but I can understand people missing him...

• @LinearLineman said:

Do you think, when iOS devices achieve equivalent RAM and ROM capacities that the 20" iPad ( and app bugs,such as inaccurate and hard to use knob settings, are worked out) iOS will replace the desktop as the main mode of music production?

Music production in the professional realm often uses a few big screens, the most powerful computers, and loads of software not coming to iOS as it exists today. It’s usually tied to a studio with external gear, so mobile capability isn’t always relevant. The OS doesn’t need to provide the security for a mobile device. I assume desktops and laptops are not going to stay where they are. They’ll get more powerful, Software upgraded. Maybe more of the touch capabilities of tablets or alternative kinds of input.

Eventually something new will come along that’s even “better” than what we have today, where all the things we like about desktop and mobile are possible in one device. I’d like to see a powerful device that folds up to a size I can put in my pocket, then expands into a full production studio wherever I go. Some kind of new flexible material for the screen. The input should be more versatile, accurate and responsive than anything we have today. The money people want to pay for the most powerful tools available will drive it.

• @Cib said:
    Best of both worlds for me and i´m sure it will evolve.....

I'm going to give this a shot based on your recc.

• @Dubbylabby said:
    Thanks Sir @InfoCheck!
    I had iPad 3 and survived until last iOS... now with iPad mini4 I’m feeling ditched as user more than ever. It isn’t a part... it’s Apple management...
    I’m not gonna play the God card but I can understand people missing him...

This really is the issue. I had the same feelings with my ipad mini 4 which is still around the house, but instead of letting it go, doubled down into this with the 10.5 iPad Pro with 256GB thinking maybe performance was part of the issue.

Ultimately, it really is the yearly new device business model, possibly intentional backwards compatibility breaking iOS upgrades, and Apple controlled appstore which is going to continue to suffocate devs on iOS, especially for Music Apps.

• I do think I'm heading for the exits on the ipad.

I'm thinking the novelty/flaw for me was basically fusing a touchpad and pointer/mouse into a single device and fusing it to a screen.

But it will be interesting to see if the rumors turn out to be true and Apple brings iOS apps to Mac. It would be nice to know that the hundreds I've spent won't have completely vanished into the ether.

• @AudioGus said:

@mrcanister said:
    ^tell me about your mother^

Please if you make a joke about me... tag me!
    Then I can tell you about how my (78) mother uses my old iPad 3gen and enjoys more than me with newer ones
    :trollface:

• @AudioGus said:

The doctor says NanoStudio 2 is the answer....
    But i should try the drugs to still feel that everything is amazing and awesome even if it´s not sometimes ;)

• well, we're all on the couch at some point for something. personally, i've more or less given up playing the acoustic and i hadn't played my pad for 2 wks until last night. i've been playing piano instead. i had a good jam yesterday with a few apps tho.
    my hope for ios is that apple don't goosh modstep, and i'll be good.
    nanostudio 2 looks interesting. wondering what the ops for sampling will be like.

• Indeed i still think iOS is THE best option of course if you mainly want to use multi-touch.
    But it´s not the best way for everything and people might even not know about other creative ways or even don´t care (which is O.K. of course).
    Another example which is far from perfect but shows that there are many different ways to achieve similar things.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=QzRFsZNaG_M
    Indeed i could imagine that such passive tech can achieve quite the same as our current active in some years.
    I sure believe that a device which can transform in close to everything but is also mobile will be the dominant thing in the future.

• @TheoryNotes said:
    I do think I'm heading for the exits on the ipad.

I'm thinking the novelty/flaw for me was basically fusing a touchpad and pointer/mouse into a single device and fusing it to a screen.

But it will be interesting to see if the rumors turn out to be true and Apple brings iOS apps to Mac. It would be nice to know that the hundreds I've spent won't have completely vanished into the ether.

That's a shame. Sometimes things just don't work out as expected.

The novelty for me was having a thin little all-in-one device I can easily take almost anywhere and make music in powerful ways, also use as an external sound source and MIDI controller, and that the apps to do it were so inexpensive. The only reason I spent more than I expected was that it turned out there were so many cool apps.

The iPad is still what I bought it for, and it doesn't look to me that Apple has changed their concept of it much. It's a consumer mobile device, limited in ways by that fact, and it's evolving technology. It wasn't sold as a replacement for a desktop music studio. I like what it is and haven't had to be concerned with what it's not.

• When get we iPads at this size. Think about a Moog Modular on something like this :)