Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus midi app switching?

Would anyone be interested in such a killer (imho) functionality?

Comments

• Sounds complicated. I have enough problems just switching screens with the apps that are loaded, with all the random crackles. I can’t imagine that this would fare better with the current iOS conditions.

But it could make for some crazy live setups, I suppose.

• Audiobus almost does it. The only thing missing is midi assignation of it.

Music: appart from sequencing, is a live process, so I agry that this would be crazy.

• edited May 2018

App switching? As in: tap a midi button and your iPad screen switches to a differentapp? Thats nice, but not too exciting for me.

What I’m waiting for is preset switching where a single MIDI button loads an entirely new Audiobus preset with new audio routes, effects, apps with state saved parameters, etc. that would be mind-blowing.

I’d take this in AUM or Audiobus, either one would be great.