Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My new rocky guitar song with Bias

edited November 2013 in Creations

Hi all,

Haven't touched a guitar for 35 years, and wasn't very good at it before that. :) Bought a guitar 2 months ago and like it a lot. A few days ago I placed 2 guitar instrumentals on SoundCloud: 'Wake Up Call' and 'Here and Now'.

Here is Wake Up Call, hope you like it!

Made with Bias, JamUp Pro XT, GarageBand, DrumLoops HD, Audio Mastering, Audiobus, on iPad 3 with Sonic Port from Line 6.

Comments

• I had a listen to all the tracks on your soundcloud page. How did you record the tracks that you uploaded 4 and more months ago? I quite liked them. The two most recent ones you mention here show a nice sense of progression and melody with proficient playing, but are let down solely by tuning issues, which is a shame, as tuning the guitar properly before you start recording should be the easiest thing a musician can do towards producing a good performance.

• Hmm..., a pity that you feel its a bit out of tune. I must admit that my guitar is a bit hard to get into tune (its a Squier Affinity Strat HSS) but I think the tuning is acceptable on these tracks.

But nice you listened to the tracks and you overall liked them. :)

If you have more interest, you can find more tracks on my YouTube and my MySpace page - the links are on my SoundCloud page.

How I did the other tracks on SoundCloud:

Want and I saw you, I both played on my Korg M3 (no iPad involved). Want is played with a tweaked key sound, and I saw you is practicly completely a fabric preset in the M3, I perhaps tweaked it a little, but can't really remember.

Hidden Landscape : I made on iPad with SessionBand Acoustic, and GarageBand instruments : strings and keys, and the guitar solo at the end is a guitar sound from SampleTank. I used iRig Keys.

Green : made on iPad with iRig keys, guitarsounds from SampleTank, DrumLoops HD, recorded in Multitrack Daw. I recorded it with a drumloop all the way and after recording cut drums out.

And I of course used Audiobus.

• Nice. Fairly convincing guitar simulation on those earlier tracks.

• there is something robert smith esq about this

• That explains why I like the tune so much as I have always been a huge fan of The Cure ;-)
    Thanks Marcel for sharing!

• Nice production quality! I noticed sometimes things get recorded a bit out tune if one squeezes or bends the neck while playing, even if you have tuned the guitar perfectly.

• Strats are very sensitive to string/neck tension.

• Thanks a lot guys, for the positive reactions! :-)
    I love The Cure too.

• For what it's worth, I like the slightly out of tune guitars. Nice song.

• Nice guitar improv, not bad at all for how long you've been playing! If this had been a band demo I think the lead guitar could be a bit quieter to blend in with the rest of the mix more, but for a guitar focus piece, works fine.

• Not sure if your still around here but @Marcel , nice work. There is an electric storm tonight here, this made a great soundtrack to it. Nice melody, Left me wanting more. Great tone, great work.

• Great song! I love it, though I was expecting Eye of the Tiger from the title

• Sounds like only the G, B, E strings are slightly flat. Other than that, it's one of the more musical things I've listened to on here (which, granted, isn't a whole lot)... good proficiency and direction. Keep it up!

• edited April 2014

Thanks a lot guys for these positive words!:)

As for the tuning issues: I bought a much better guitar: a PRS Mira. So my work in the future should be better tuned.

• It's awesome!! I like the song and the emotion of it.

• What preset you use in JamUp?

• @SleepGodWen: great you like it so much! I don't remember which preset I used.