Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tons and tons of hand-cleaned single-hit drum samples

Not sure if linking to this would be allowed here, so I'll just mention that there's a thread on the WeAreTheMusicMakers subreddit where a dude spent 6 months cleaning up 3,600 samples of various drums/cymbals/etc, and has provided a google drive download link (individual WAV files and SF2 soundfonts, ~1.5GB in size) along with two text files indexing all the samples. This is.... YUGE. :smile:

The guy's post is a pretty fun read, quite a long rant about how hard this was to do lol. Gave me a big chuckle because I've had these kinds of projects as well, where you just end up HATING it but knowing you can't quit.

Anyway, thought some on here might be interested in snagging these while they're still available. The guy has already deleted his reddit profile (not sure why, apparently in the comments someone mentions he does that a lot, make a post, be a general crazy person for a while, then delete), but the post and links are still working as of a few minutes ago.

Comments

• Nice one both of you for the heads up and the direct link - x!

• yeah, thanks, just had a quick listen (Resonic Player is good for that), lots of useful sounds in there

• I can't get it to download at all on my iPad Air 2, through Chrome or Safari (unsupported file type error) and on my Android phone it starts downloading but at the end of it an error pops up 'cant open file'...

Has anyone else been able to downloadd it, open the zip & hear the samples?

• Thanks for sharing! This is a HUGE pack! Woah. This must have been taken weeks even months to sort out and write down...

• Man alive. I really am set for other people's samples for a good long while but I couldn't resist, seeing as how much effort went into this. It's clearly a labour of love (and when I say 'love' I mean tenacious OCD).

Downloaded/opened fine on the laptop. It's mentioned in the reddit post but I'll restate it here: all 7000 files are in one folder. I'd be wary of managing that many files on iOS.

• @JRSIV said:
    I can't get it to download at all on my iPad Air 2, through Chrome or Safari (unsupported file type error) and on my Android phone it starts downloading but at the end of it an error pops up 'cant open file'...

Air 2 here. Takes awhile, 1.5 GB after all, but eventually the page should say ‘Open in Audioshare’. If you press that, expect AudioShare to get a severe case of the hiccups (about 5 minutes in my case). Eventually AudioShare asks you whether you want to unzip the file.

Don’t do that yet! As mentioned, there’s no folder system, just 7000 files in one giant blob. Copy the zip into a separate folder in AudioShare, then unzip.

Good luck!

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@JRSIV said:
    I can't get it to download at all on my iPad Air 2, through Chrome or Safari (unsupported file type error) and on my Android phone it starts downloading but at the end of it an error pops up 'cant open file'...

Air 2 here. Takes awhile, 1.5 GB after all, but eventually the page should say ‘Open in Audioshare’. If you press that, expect AudioShare to get a severe case of the hiccups (about 5 minutes in my case). Eventually AudioShare asks you whether you want to unzip the file.

Don’t do that yet! As mentioned, there’s no folder system, just 7000 files in one giant blob. Copy the zip into a separate folder in AudioShare, then unzip.

Good luck!

Thanks @Philandering_Bastard (great name), I finally got it to download on my Android phone so I just unzipped it and copied the soundfont file & the WAVS to my Google Drive.

Another thing that makes the Files app so cool is that all Drive, Dropbox & Box accts are sync’d with it making it easy to bring samples over to AudioShare etc.

Great pickup, loads of samples...

• Thanks for uploading, will be mostly sifting through the cymbals samples. Appreciated.