Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT. How Apple (legally) Cook the Books

Spotted this great vid, explaining the extreme jiggery-pokery that Apple use to pay less tax.

https://youtu.be/yloJi635Ya8

Comments

• You gotta admire the part about Apple staying focused by not buying out other companies on a whim, but DAMN that’s hella crazy how Apple cooked the books and yet all that money is unusable. :lol:

• I think the bottom line is that with respect to other major companies, they employ the same tax strategies where they shop for the best tax deals globally rather than feeling like they have any allegiance to a particular country. It is significant they buy companies for the people and tech rather than more traditional motivations like directly increasing their profits in the shorter term.

With the changes in corporate tax laws this year, it will be interesting to see what sorts of investments Apple makes as more of its assets become free of tax liabilities.

• @InfoCheck said:
    With the changes in corporate tax laws this year, it will be interesting to see what sorts of investments Apple makes as more of its assets become free of tax liabilities.

>

Indeed. All they need is a visionary. All they’ve got are bean counters. But things can change, with Apple fortunes, and I mean that in terms of innovation. The chances will be there, if they want to take them.

• Are their holdings in the trillions now? If so I think it deserves a standing ovation :D

• They have an awful lot of beans to count though!

• I’m gonna need a bigger coffee.

• @Arpseechord said:
    Are their holdings in the trillions now? If so I think it deserves a standing ovation :D

>

Apparently Apple is valued as a 1.4 trillion dollar company. That is more money - albeit frozen for now - than many small countries.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    They have an awful lot of beans to count though!

>

True.

I wonder though, what will happen. Rarely, if ever, has one company been in such a position. Make the right moves and they could change the world.

• One could argue that the iphone did change the world

• @Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Are their holdings in the trillions now? If so I think it deserves a standing ovation :D

>

Apparently Apple is valued as a 1.4 trillion dollar company. That is more money - albeit frozen for now - than many small countries.

Do the quadrillionaires of the world order them around? ;)

• @BiancaNeve said:
    One could argue that the iphone did change the world

>

There is mileage in that thought, Bianca. :)

Another video reminds us that Apple killed off the highly successful iPod to invent things that we, the public, didn’t know we wanted at the time. The iPhone and then iPad. I must admit, at that time, Apple was right.

It begins to fail, though, when Cook and co argue that removing still useful functionality (audio socket) in favour of a dongle that blocks the lightning port, is progress. ;) Or that the infamous Trash Can iMac Pro wasn’t a missstep, and the clunky iWatch was either needed or wanted.

• edited May 2018

@Arpseechord said:

>

If there are such beings, then they’d have the power to move corporations like chess pieces. :p

• @Arpseechord said:

@Zen210507 said:

@Arpseechord said:

>

They respond to a combination of shareholders, government policies, their employees, their competitors, their business partners, and customers. It’s very reductive to think of Apple as large company that can just do whatever they want and such a POV fails to incorporate the context within which they operate.

• @InfoCheck said:
    They respond to a combination of shareholders, government policies, their employees, their competitors, their business partners, and customers.

>

Which of those do you think informed decisions to remove various ports, make the Trash Can and cram a cut down iPhone into a watch?

• @Zen210507 said:

@InfoCheck said:
    They respond to a combination of shareholders, government policies, their employees, their competitors, their business partners, and customers.

>

Which of those do you think informed decisions to remove various ports, make the Trash Can and cram a cut down iPhone into a watch?

It’s much easier to identify broad factors which influence decision making at Apple rather than accurately describe what occurred with specific actions they’ve taken. There are a lot of variables and unknowns which effect those decisions and their effectiveness.

I’ll limit my speculation to the removal of the analog headphone jack on iPhones.
    1. Competitors had designed phones which didn’t have analog headphone jacks.
    2. Customers a significant proportion want the latest and greatest tech and Apple decided to market phones without a headphone jack as a move forward in technology.
    3. Business Partners they’d purchased Beats so selling more BT headphones had become a strategy.
    4. Employees remembered company history which indicated that removing output ports would not negatively effect their sales (e.g. removing CD/DVD drives from laptops) and is part of what they need to do with respect to points 1-3.
    4. Shareholders look at quarterly sales and Apple has to sell them on how their decision making will increase them (see above points).
    5. Government Policy had not significantly changed which means Apple did not have access to significant investment capital so they had to make relatively small changes to their products to sell them so removing the headphone jack was consistent with this.

• @Zen210507 said:

@InfoCheck said:

>

Don't mock the iCan, Apple know the future, now where's that iCar.

• edited May 2018

@InfoCheck 6. The headphone jack is HUGE compared to other single parts. It just takes up a lot (!) of volume (pun alert) inside the phone and severely limits the layout options and sets a minimum thickness. Most important reason probably. :)

• edited May 2018

@knewspeak said:

@Zen210507 said:

@InfoCheck said:

>

My pet crow is currently beta testing the iCaw
    Unfortunately I wasn't a regular enough of a guy to beta the iCan

• @knewspeak said:

>

Also waiting for the -

iCan-Can (dancing emulator)
    iEye (artificial vision)
    iFly (guaranteed expensive air travel)
    iDry (the Apple hair care device)
    iCry (virtual town cryer)
    iHigh (virtual drug experience)
    iLie (pet politician)

• @knewspeak said:

@Zen210507 said:

@InfoCheck said:

>

My pet crow is currently beta testing the iCaw> @Zen210507 said:

@knewspeak said:

>

Also waiting for the -

iCan-Can (dancing emulator)
    iEye (artificial vision)
    iFly (guaranteed expensive air travel)
    iDry (the Apple hair care device)
    iCry (virtual town cryer)
    iHigh (virtual drug experience)
    iLie (pet politician)

You forgot the iTry for those with low self esteem

• Also, remember the great worldwide 3.5mm jack socket shortage caused by that huge earthsharkquake in the only non-radioactive area along the Japanese/Mongolian border that mines 3.5mm holes, making the price of a 3.5mm jack about 152 times what it was in previous years.

• edited May 2018

Anybody who is surprised by Apple being the first to remove and abandon various jacks, inputs and components doesn't understand Apple at all, because they've been doing it throughout their entire history.

Right now is the 20 year anniversary of the iMac. I actually bought one of those machines about 20 years ago. The blueberry iMac. Many people were surprised and shocked by the removal of the floppy drive.

As for the iPhone X, I don't have one myself, I'm currently rocking an iPhone SE, which I'm very happy with, but the iPhone X is the best selling phone in the entire world, so they're obviously doing something right.

Whining about the removal of the headphone jack is merely going to be a waste of time, because Apple is not going to listen to you. If somebody insists on having a headphone jack, then go buy something else, problem solved. Apple is not for you.

If Apple had listened to all of the naysayers, doubters, and "experts" on the internet then they probably would have gone out of business a long time ago.

There's a reason why Apple is the most profitable company, and I also happen to own a very small amount of AAPL, which I'm pretty happy about obviously. My last Apple purchase, an iPad Pro 10.5 was completely paid for using AAPL profits, so I basically got it for free.

• @Arpseechord said:
    You forgot the iTry for those with low self esteem

>

Ah yes, of course. A partner product to the iPie, for those who have given up on weight loss. ;)

• ...but the iPhone X is the best selling phone in the entire world, so they're obviously doing something right.

Justin Beiber outsells most acts in the world. All that proves is that those behind him can sell the image.

• Apparently Apple is valued as a 1.4 trillion dollar company. That is more money - albeit frozen for now - than many small countries.

The money is no longer frozen, they're going to be able to repatriate the money back to the US now, thanks to the current admin.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    Whining about the removal of the headphone jack is merely going to be a waste of time, because Apple is not going to listen to you.

>

Apple can do whatever they like, and I have no doubt will sell by the truckload. All I’m saying is that I won’t buy any product that does not meet my requirements.

Apple forgot once before that the customer is king, and only Jobs saved them, by genuinely innovating. Those who do not learn from history....

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    The money is no longer frozen, they're going to be able to repatriate the money back to the US now, thanks to the current admin.

>

Yes, that was made clear in the video I began this thread with.

• @CrazySynthMan said:
    … and I also happen to own a very small amount of AAPL …

What does that acronym mean, or stand for?

• @Zen210507 said:

Apple can do whatever they like, and I have no doubt will sell by the truckload. All I’m saying is that I won’t buy any product that does not meet my requirements.

Apple forgot once before that the customer is king, and only Jobs saved them, by genuinely innovating. Those who do not learn from history....

Of course you shouldn't buy any product that does not meet your specific requirements. Luckily, there are plenty of products to choose from, from a variety of manufacturers.

The customer is not king. Apple has almost never listened to what consumers want when making new products.

Was it Henry Ford who once said “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”?

• @u0421793 said:

@CrazySynthMan said:
    … and I also happen to own a very small amount of AAPL …

What does that acronym mean, or stand for?

It's Apple's symbol on the stock market.

When you buy or sell Apple stock, you would enter in that you are buying or selling 50 AAPL for example.