Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to pronounce Fugue as in Fugue Machine

Im not pointing fingers but Ive seen a couple of YouTube videos now with rather creative interpretations :D

Say it like FEWG

Note the total lack of sounds after the G

Comments

• FUG UE MAN :joy:

• Jakobs use to crack me up, and he knew how to pronounce it properly, he always would say FOOGOO

• Foo gee machine.
    Foo gooey machine.
    Fuhg machine.
    Fuggy machine.
    Fyoog machine.
    Fuct machine.

How about simply F Machine? Ya know what I mean?

• I say it like Foog... you know, like Moog.

• Few - gghh

• Moooooooooog

• @AudioGus said:
    I say it like Foog... you know, like Moog.

Moog...
    Like a cow, or cutting the grass?
    You are just adding to the confusion! :D

• @knewspeak said:
    Moooooooooog

Maybe, if it were the John Fogerty Machine.

• (Yeah, it’s a lame dad-styled joke. :lol: )

• Definitely Fewg.

• I'm still trying to figure out why half the people on the internet think "loose" is pronounced "lose."

• @Clam said:
    I'm still trying to figure out why half the people on the internet think "loose" is pronounced "lose."

>

Ah, the one that gets me is when our American friends pronounce herb as ‘erb. Or worse, abandon the T in so many words....such as us being on the Inner-net. (-;

• I spent the first 18 years of my life saying wahrter, instead of water. Didn’t even realize it until it was brought to my attention. I found it pretty hilarious at the time. :)

• edited May 2018

@CracklePot said:
    I spent the first 18 years of my life saying wahrter, instead of water. Didn’t even realize it until it was brought to my attention. I found it pretty hilarious at the time. :)

>

All our accents have quirks, when heard by other ears. :)

I recall visiting an American girlfriend, back in the day, at Penn State University, and people I met there getting me to say “Tea, hot, Earl Grey.” Like Captain Picard on Star Trek.

Some folks, when plonked down in a different environment, quickly and unconsciously app the local pronunciation. I’m the opposite. Whenever I am abroad, my speech unconsciously becomes more English. :p

• @CracklePot said:
    I spent the first 18 years of my life saying wahrter, instead of water. Didn’t even realize it until it was brought to my attention. I found it pretty hilarious at the time. :)

Might want to see a doctor about that, you could be Australian.

I used to think waves had an h like ocean whaves or sine whaves or whaving goodbye...wasn't a regional thing either, my family would bug me about it and it took a long time to shake. Still seems plausible tbh.

• @1nsomniak said:

Alas, there is no treatment for that. ;)

Our Aussie friends have many different ways to mangle English, but always manage it in such a friendly sounding way.

Aussie joke -

Bruce spots a woman he likes in a bar, walks straight up to her and says -

‘Hey Shiela, do you screw?”

The reply comes back -

“I sure do, you smooth talking bastard.’ :D

• @Zen210507 said:

@Clam said:
    I'm still trying to figure out why half the people on the internet think "loose" is pronounced "lose."

>

Ah, the one that gets me is when our American friends pronounce herb as ‘erb. Or worse, abandon the T in so many words....such as us being on the Inner-net. (-;

And many of the same folks make fun of New Yorkers describing something very large as "youge" instead of "hewge".

• @CracklePot said:

This is my single favorite Americanism. It's a really really weird one in that I've never been able to determine a source. People from all over the country say it but there's no place where most of the people say it. Mind, I lived in DC for 15 years and have lived 5 miles from the Washington State border for the last 12. Been long fascinated and had I heard you say it I would have asked you where you were from. Data thus far remains inconclusive.

• Actually, there's another one that seems to defy US geographical origin: leg and egg. Most people say "lehg", but there are many who say "layg".

• @1nsomniak said:

@CracklePot said:

I used to think waves had an h like ocean whaves or sine whaves or whaving goodbye...wasn't a regional thing either, my family would bug me about it and it took a long time to shake. Still seems plausible tbh.

That's just English being absurd. I mean, we all know it and I've been feeling it keenly for last 5 years as my daughter navigates elementary school. "Well, yeah, that's a weird one" is a common spelling answer at my house. Whaves and Wharf (which is pronounced differently than Scarf, of course) should follow the same convention but English is more promiscuous than a Korg virtual MIDI port.

• I don't have that app, but just by reading it, I would say "FEWG".

If I found out later that it was supposed to be pronounced differently, then I would continue to say "FEWG", because that's how I read it, and that's what makes most sense to me.

• English, as spoken by British people, in Great Britain (or to give it the proper name, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) (where Great Britain is the land mass that includes England; Scotland; Wales (and according to the Cornish, Cornwall – in their dreams)) is a perfectly orthographic logical and sensible language. Look:

Mans
    laughter

Manslaughter.

• At last the chance to say it! : You are = YOU'RE. Not YOUR!!
    ! #%!€!&!

Bach wrote fugues, contrapuntal compositions, of course, but a fugue can also be a flight of thoughts, words or actions by a lunatic, hysteric or epileptic. I guess most of us fit in there somewhere.

• @syrupcore said:
    This is my single favorite Americanism. It's a really really weird one in that I've never been able to determine a source. People from all over the country say it but there's no place where most of the people say it. Mind, I lived in DC for 15 years and have lived 5 miles from the Washington State border for the last 12. Been long fascinated and had I heard you say it I would have asked you where you were from. Data thus far remains inconclusive.

Could it be the Transatlantic/Mid-Atlantic accent? Its interesting in that it arose more from movies and boarding schools than a geographical area.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/transatlantic-accent-why-actors-in-old-movies-talked-with-a-weird-accent

(although I kind of think they would say Whattah for water but Im not sure)

• I had to check my memory on fugue state... I left something out... the flight is from one's own identity! Definitely applies to me in this case.

• @syrupcore said:
    English is more promiscuous than a Korg virtual MIDI port.

Haha! ;)

• First exposed to the word when I heard the Tocatta and Fugue in D Minor as a young boy....

• How embarrassing. I thought it was pronounced Fudge Machine.