Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zoom R8 Multitrack Recorder and iPad.

Hi all I have a chance of purchasing a Zoom R8 Multi track recorder/ sampler/controller for £100 UK pounds. Was wondering if any group members own this unit and how you intergrate it with a iPad or laptop into your workflow.

Also what are the looping functions like to get on with as would use it For Live performance with hardware synths etc.

For the price the unit looks like a good deal and would be a nice addition to any studio.

Thoughts please.

Comments

• If you have Auria you can use the R8 as a control surface straight out of the box

• @BiancaNeve said:
    If you have Auria you can use the R8 as a control surface straight out of the box

Oh that’s quite cool as have Auria Pro.

• @BiancaNeve said:
    If you have Auria you can use the R8 as a control surface straight out of the box

Does it work with iOS 11.3 plugged the Zoom 8 into my CCK3 selected USB on the Zoom and then audio interface not seeing a USB sign in the Zoom R8 window?

@SpookyZoo have you tried your Zoom 8 with iPad recently?

• edited May 2018

@Jumpercollins said:

@BiancaNeve said:

Does it work with iOS 11.3 plugged the Zoom 8 into my CCK3 selected USB on the Zoom and then audio interface not seeing a USB sign in the Zoom R8 window?

@SpookyZoo have you tried your Zoom 8 with iPad recently?

I have the Zoom LiveTrak L-12.

Has there been an issue with recent iOS update and Zoom Gear?

• I just hooked my hardware back up a few days ago so can test over the Weekend.

• Tested the L-12 Tonight. Working beautifully with AUM.

I’m still on iOS 11.2.5 however.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Hi all I have a chance of purchasing a Zoom R8 Multi track recorder/ sampler/controller for £100 UK pounds. Was wondering if any group members own this unit and how you intergrate it with a iPad or laptop into your workflow.

Also what are the looping functions like to get on with as would use it For Live performance with hardware synths etc.

For the price the unit looks like a good deal and would be a nice addition to any studio.

Thoughts please.

I have owned the R8 for a few years now and it makes a nice complement to the iPad. You will be surprised what you can do with it - very capable piece of kit and really good value.

• @Trueyorky said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thoughts please.

I have owned the R8 for a few years now and it makes a nice complement to the iPad. You will be surprised what you can do with it - very capable piece of kit and really good value.

Hi @Trueyorky any chance you can post me a quick step by step setup so I can get the Zoom R8 showing up in AUM or Auria Pro if you own the apps. How do you use it with your iPad ?

At present my iPad Pro 9.7 running on iOS 11.3 is not seeing it showing up, after connecting my CCK3 to USB and selecting the USB button- Audio I/f and selecting Execute, the USB symbol does not appear in the zoom window. Got it working with Ableton Live no problem so I know it works. Obviously on a computer the software uses the audio driver but I’m pretty sure the Zoom is class compliant.

Would love to use the control surface options on a iPad so it’s a bit frustrating not to see it connecting.

The firmware on the Zoom R8 is still version 1 not sure if there has been updates could not see any on the Zoom website. Can anyone confirm? As thought maybe that is the problem.

• edited May 2018

iPad Pro Latest iOS

You can control start stop rewind and the sliders for sure, jog wheel doesn’t work though and I didn’t test the record button.

By the way the window on the zoom didn’t change to USB

• @BiancaNeve Thanks for the Auria Pro set up will give it a go.