Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Listening to multiple sound sources simultaneously on phone (ie music and podcast) and mixing levels

Hi

I’m looking for an app/solution that I can use to listen to both music and podcasts at the same time, Could you please help?

I often listen to podcasts and interviews on applications like Stitcher, Apple Podcasts, and Youtube and listen to music often on Google play music, youtube or the Apple music app. Whenever i load two of these applications at the same time, one will always mute.

I want to be able to listen to the podcast and music at the same time, and i also want basic mixing controls so that i can raise/lower the volume of the podcasts and music independently.

How can i do this? Was thinking maybe Audiobus, AUM, or some other app/workaround could work?

Comments

• Still wondering about this, Is it possible to do?

• edited May 2018

I can play back music in Audioshare and this will not be muted when watching something else like YouTube, so both sounds are mixed.

Audioshare Volume level can be adjusted independently in the app.

This could be useful info if you had one of the sources, podcasts or other source material, downloaded and able to load into Audioshare.

You could then play your 2nd audio source from its original destination.

• edited May 2018

Just tested this with the Podcasts app.

Podcast audio and Audioshare audio play nice together.

Stitcher and YouTube checked and confirmed too.

I Don’t have Google Play

• edited May 2018

Thanks for the help! This works great, the only drawbacks are:

1) I need to switch applications to adjust their volumes, but this isn't a big deal at all

and 2) that i need to save the music to Audioshare before playing it. Is there any way to route the music from a music/podcast streaming app into Audioshare as i stream it it so that i don't need to previously save the music in audioshare?

• edited May 2018

@dan151 said:
    Thanks for the help! This works great, the only drawbacks are:

1) I need to switch applications to adjust their volumes, but this isn't a big deal at all

and 2) that i need to save the music to Audioshare before playing it. Is there any way to route the music from a music/podcast streaming app into Audioshare as i stream it it so that i don't need to previously save the music in audioshare?

Yeah, I guess if your source app had InterAppAudio functionality you could load it up in Audioshare. Hit the red mic icon and then the white mic icon to find and select app from the IAA list.

Not sure of any IAA podcast apps though. Worth a ‘google’! ;)