Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Behringer...lots of new stuff

Behringer really kills the game here.
A Pro-One, a 808 and also a MS-101....more to come for sure.

Comments

• But will they abandon it after a year?

• How do you abandon analogue hardware ?

• The way they’re churning this stuff out must compromise the quality.

• @Samplemunch said:
    How do you abandon analogue hardware ?

Ask my DM12. That’s their flagship synth, yet it is utter trash. Both hardware and software. And let’s not forget the vacuum cleaners inside, ugh lmao.

I’ve learned a lot about Mr.Behringer during the last couple of years, I’ve had a chance to peak behind the curtains at Music-Group. I wouldn’t be so quick in proclaiming him killing the game, quite possibly killing other things but, not the game. I wouldn’t blindly support him, which can be hard given the low prices, he’s not one of the good guys, so to speak. And I’m not only talking gear related stuff.

• @ChrisG said:
    he’s not one of the good guys, so to speak. And I’m not only talking gear related stuff.

Sounds like a Blofeld clone in the works :#

• @knewspeak said:

@ChrisG said:
    he’s not one of the good guys, so to speak. And I’m not only talking gear related stuff.

Sounds like a Blofeld clone in the works :#

Proud owner of a Model D...love it to pieces....makes a good bed fellow to my Microbrute...patch pals as it were :)

• I’ll be picking up a Neutron once they’re available.

Cloning old synths is a bit troubling. Not a big deal but not for me. I do have a Model D made by Moog and it only cost me $5!!

• Disposable synths - never thought I'd see the day.

• Uli knows what it is wanting synhts but not have enough money to buy them from his days as a boy. That’s the reason why he is producing them now at affordable prices. In interviews he let us know he doesn’t have to make a profit with them but at the same time doesn’t want to loose money with them. Break even is enough for him.

Why complaining?

• edited May 2018

@bert said:
    Uli knows what it is wanting synhts but not have enough money to buy them from his days as a boy. That’s the reason why he is producing them now at affordable prices. In interviews he let us know he doesn’t have to make a profit with them but at the same time doesn’t want to loose money with them. Break even is enough for him.

Uli the philanthropist. That's rich!

P.T. Barnum comes to mind here.

• @bert said:
    he doesn’t have to make a profit with them but at the same time doesn’t want to loose money with them. Break even is enough for him.

And people believe this?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Really, why the psuedo moral dilemma with electronic items people are putting themselves thru? Uli who?
    The fridge, phone, hoover, TV, pc are all cloned by Uli too.
    And we are probably all clones of Uli

• @Dawdles said:
    £300 is still a lot of money to most young musicians. They'll still have to be saving up $ for the behringers.... It's great they have these new options. Most of those kids were never going to but a moog model D or vintage 808. It's good for musicians. It should be good for industry too. More competition/invention/generous spec/advancement etc...

A race to the bottom has never been good for innovation. In fact, it kills industries. Careful what you wish for. As far as I'm concerned Behringer is pure evil for the music industry.

• I forgot they showed an Odyssey as well.

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2018
  • edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@brambos said:

@Dawdles said:
    £300 is still a lot of money to most young musicians. They'll still have to be saving up $ for the behringers.... It's great they have these new options. Most of those kids were never going to but a moog model D or vintage 808. It's good for musicians. It should be good for industry too. More competition/invention/generous spec/advancement etc...

A race to the bottom has never been good for innovation. In fact, it kills industries. Careful what you wish for. As far as I'm concerned Behringer is pure evil for the music industry.

Any examples? Especially where its been bad for the customers? I haven't studied it.so I can't say one way or the other, all I know is I'd never have bought a moog model d or a vintage 808...

I also wonder about this.
    Maybe i misunderstood that but are cheap analog synths evil?
    Then iOS apps like Model D must be the mother of demons >:) :D
    I think you pay not only for the sound if you buy a Moog. People whi can afford a real Moog might don‘t care about price.

• edited May 2018
  • It's very simple really:

• Innovation/R&D costs money, lots and lots of money
    • Such costs get amortized into the consumer price, which is why products are a lot more expensive than just the sum of components
    • Behringer doesn't do all that, they just clone and copy, hence they can keep prices to the bare minimum
    • Consumers just care about the pricepoint and start demanding these price levels from competitors as well
    • As a result, other companies are forced to follow these price points (unless they're as arrogant as Apple) and can not afford innovation budgets

Unfortunately, consumers just see the low price tags and are unaware of the unhealthy long-term implications of companies like Behringer.

Example of a huge industry completely destroyed by such tactics: television (and consumer electronics in general). Just doubling the screen resolution every 5 years is not innovation, but yeah... people want their 72" flatscreens for $500.

• It’s logical that high prices seem appealing and great. Just pointing out that long-term implications are not as appealing. You’re free to ignore them. That’s why I say ‘careful what you wish for’.

And the TV industry is dead as a dodo. There’s no margins in it anymore. Over-commoditized in the early 2000s by Samsung, LG and friends.

• I also see it this way that if famous brands still think they can sell "old" stuff for several grands, they might think more about innovation.
    And of course the build quality and other stuff might be better there but that´s for the lovers of a brand.

• @brambos said:
    It’s logical that high prices seem appealing and great. Just pointing out that long-term implications are not as appealing. You’re free to ignore them. That’s why I say ‘careful what you wish for’.

And the TV industry is dead as a dodo. There’s no margins in it anymore. Over-commoditized in the early 2000s by Samsung, LG and friends.

But if you think the consumer world is all evil i wonder why you developing for one of the biggest.
    I really think there is some truth in what you say but it won´t change and i would lie if i would say if i would prefer a real Moog or just could buy 10 Behringer.
    But cheap VST and apps are quite the same here for me.

• @Cib said:

@brambos said:
    It’s logical that high prices seem appealing and great. Just pointing out that long-term implications are not as appealing. You’re free to ignore them. That’s why I say ‘careful what you wish for’.

But if you think the consumer world is all evil i wonder why you developing for one of the biggest.

My motivations are not driven by shareholder interests. And I have never made a secret out of my belief that the app economy by its very nature is unhealthy, bordering on self-destructive.

• @brambos said:

@Cib said:

@brambos said:

My motivations are not driven by shareholder interests. And I have never made a secret out of my belief that the app economy by its very nature is unhealthy, bordering on self-destructive.

But you know exact the motivation of Behringer?
    All want to make money of course. At the end it´s simple, the costumer decide if a product has success.
    We the costumers are as evil as these brands as well. And developers which create apps for a few bucks as well.
    We are all evil >:)
    I know what you mean really but you know it´s anyway a fight against windmills.

• Sure thing, and that’s why I sometimes commend Apple for their arrogance: they stubbornly go against typical consumer/industry dynamics - and not without success. ;)

• edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@brambos said:

@Dawdles said:

Any examples of these murdered industries? Or related declines in innovation? Especially where its been bad for the customers? I haven't studied it.so I can't say one way or the other, all I know is I'd never have bought a moog model d or a vintage 808...

there are no examples because it's known in advance that someone like Music Group (or similiar) will copy the design (once it's successful) and sell at prices no regular (developing) company could afford.

German technology is reknown for innovation and highest quality standards.
    I've witnessed (ages ago) sales talks where this image was associated to Behringer gear to convince customers - and it worked.
    Now Music Group can produce any shit at any price.

Research and developement is the main driving factor for costs.
    Apple in their 'pre-iPhone cash-cow' days put about one third of revenues into R&D (iirc), which was considered a huge amount in those days.
    They were regularly dissed as a high price rip-off. Also a frequent target for take-overs just to get hold of the developement team. Which never happened because these folks clearly stated they'd leave immediately if such case happened.

Of course the company has changed a lot over time - but without that kind of original 'company culture' we wouldn't have IOS tablets and smartphones today.

• @brambos said:
    Sure thing, and that’s why I sometimes commend Apple for their arrogance: they stubbornly go against typical consumer/industry dynamics - and not without success. ;)

Not sure.....Apple is the best example for the most consumer based company.
    But i do appreciate that they still do pro software....not sure about the hardware but it seems many people still like using macs for music.
    I mean i use an iPhone and macbook pro for music because it´s is still the best for me and i just won´t change my main DAW now after some years.
    IOS can be of course a great thing too but i also think it´s not good at all for this niche market since the app store economy just goes not well for this kinds of applications for me,
    But then some developers prefer it to other platforms and seems to do well and if i see that a thing like NS2 will be the mainly income for an independent developer for a long time maybe i respect make such a huge project on inside an "unsure" market.
    At least i much prefer what Behringer does rather than brand like Roli which goes wild into the software consumer world and seems to don´t care much about their more expensive pro line.