Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up. Quite fun generative synth app. AB would definitely spice it up though (go get'em lol)

He has a couple of other free audio measuring/analyzing tools on his AppStore page, might be useful to some.

• Thanks, Morris.

I'm agree, very nice, I'm agree. It reminds me in some way Grüvtron.

• Some of these university app projects are great and work well (the Wablet comes to mind) but are left as an island so it's difficult to work them into your music flow without resorting to analog recording techniques. It'd be nice if some established iOS developers could collaborate with them to develop more useful apps.

• This response is to feature request for AB, midi, and IAA.

The responsible guy from the university of Düsseldorf responded: What we asked for is already planned. The group of students who wrote this are currently evaluating what exactly they want to build into a Pro version. Since this is non-commercial, there is no fixed date yet. Consider it rather as a student project.
    If this should not work out for some reason, he will include the existing functionality with "some sync options" into a new project he is going to develop himself in Q1/2014 earliest.
    There is a Facebook group for Chaios Synth, he would be happy if we place our feature requests there and provide feedback.

• Thanks again Morris.

• Great little app. Don't usually bother with these "non keyboard" apps bit this is great fun !