Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• its too old. as no one uses piano and stuff like flutes anymore.
    I should sell my guitars now, I mean.... its "the guardian".
    Fun aside, I don't care about mainstream, this is what they aim for. Maybe in this context they are right, not that much guitars and handmade music around. But... you know... ;)

• Like so much in the Grauniad, and mass media in general, this is utter bollocks.

• A great deal of that comes across as satire.
    Is it?

• 100% of the Billboard’s current top 100 uses guitars in one way or another. Perhaps rock’n’roll is slowly fading away, but rock’n’roll doesn’t have the monopoly of using guitars, and the guitar’s appeal to kids seems to remain as strong as ever.

Cheers!

• The article is six years old! Not quite sure what your point is. Six years in popular culture can be an epoch. i.e. The Beatles, 1963-1969........... David Bowie. 1971-1977...........etc etc......these things are cyclical, besides i hear that Ed Sheeran sold a few songs recently, he uses a guitar........... apparently............ ;)

• @Iso said:
    The article is six years old! Not quite sure what your point is. Six years in popular culture can be an epoch. i.e. The Beatles, 1963-1969........... David Bowie. 1971-1977...........etc etc......these things are cyclical, besides i hear that Ed Sheeran sold a few songs recently, he uses a guitar........... apparently............ ;)

>

Exactly. :)

Perhaps the OP is part of some Amish community. :D

• edited May 2018

Time Gentlemen Please.............

• @Iso said:
    The article is six years old! Not quite sure what your point is. Six years in popular culture can be an epoch. i.e. The Beatles, 1963-1969........... David Bowie. 1971-1977...........etc etc......these things are cyclical, besides i hear that Ed Sheeran sold a few songs recently, he uses a guitar........... apparently............ ;)

It was a single piece that summarized pretty well the focus for discussion but there are lots of recent stuff bout the same matter. I just thought this one was just right, despite being 6 yo.

There is no proper point in this 3d but the thought that, IMO, there will be a resurgency of keyboard instruments because as the electric guitar, amps and pedals were THE revolution some decades ago, right now knobs and keys and software/dsp are big thing(and touchscreens will be in a few years from now). Indeed there are a bunch of mpe keyboards but just a very few fret-and-strum controllers for example.

• Ah! I get it now.............and thinking about it, Ed Sheeran is a great advert for it being the Autumn for guitar music! A long, slow, decline into mediocrity...........maybe it's time to put it out of it's misery! :)

• edited May 2018

What was that thing about the Beatles being rejected by Decca because guitar music was dead?

Anyway, I'm betting people will tire of the synthetic gridlock that is currently popular and the trend will swing toward something more loose and organic... probably with guitars involved.

• Also, maybe coincidental, but when I'm selling music gear, I find I get a ton more interest in guitar related stuff than most other types of gear.

• America has enough guitars.

• specially those made in Asia... ;)
    I once got a Walden (China or Corea ?) for a bit over a 100 that I consider worth a grand.
    Shure it was THE big exception within those 50 guitars that just had reached the local store, but I was simply shocked. Keeps the tuning better than my Martin X-series...

• Hhahahaah, @mschenkel.it - you're proven wrong in your argument (and not for the first time: you sometimes come back from just lurking in the forum just for posting these kind of stuff) and instead of retracting, you double down.

Again, https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100 - there not a single entry without guitars, and some (Imagine Dragon's and Ed Sheeran's, regardless of you like them or not) are heavily guitar-based. And also let's take a look at what a search for "cover" returns on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cover&disable_polymer=1 Amazing! All the kids are playing what instrument really?

Once more, say that rock'n'roll in dying: would not be true but closer to the truth. Rock never had the monopoly of guitars. Guitar, as an instrument, is as alive and as appealing as ever.

• @theconnactic
    And this is a guitar forum indeed.
    And if you read the title it was about GUITAR MUSIC not about guitar as instrument.
    And we come from very different experience: you are giving guitar lessons so most probably you are seeing many people interested in playing guitar but in my experience(classically trained pianist from 92 to 99, bass player in some punk and metal bands in the 2k along with some experience as orchestra keyboardist and then some ten years as electronic/digital producer and now studio guy for some trappers out here and ran a little studio here) these days I found no one who was interested in recording guitar: some vocals, someone wanted to record strings, some other their hang pan drum and other exotic percussion’s but no guitarist showed up.
    Moreover having a couple of sampled guitars into a tune does not qualify the tune as guitar driven music as rnr and its derivative products were.
    And of course lots’o’ people still play guitar: it is the cheapest, easiest, all rounder instrument you can find around.
    The guitar scene right now has very little innovation going on from my perspective. Your point about searching cover on YouTube doesn’t make any sense in this very discussion: I’m utterly bored of listening to mediocre and nerdy covers, actually I quit covers, playing and listening, when I learnt how to play. It is a very educational tool but doesn’t get too far when speaking about innovation and creativity(Glenn Gould could say the exact contrary but this post is already too long)

• Kids, Guitars, Synths, naaaa! Video Games killed the ..... Rock-Pop Star. Well virtually.

• edited May 2018

You miss my point completely when I pointed to the Youtube covers scene, @mschenkel.it, so I'll explain: these cover channels are among the most popular in Youtube (you can easily check this info out if you don't believe). They all invariably use the guitar a lot (some use ukuleles and keyboards as well, but it's usually the guitar). And also, the owners of these channels are mostly very young people: teens and preteens. So the inexcapable logical conclusion is most of kids are into guitar, as much as in the previous decades. Regardless of you actually like covers or not, this shows the guitar is very much ubiquitous and not at all "outdated" (remember, teens and preteens.

P.S. I'm a session musician and mixing enginner since the 2ks and my anedoctal experience is different from yours - perhaps the new world has a different musical landscape than Europe

P.P.S.: did you actually care to check the Billboard 100? Not just a couple of sampled guitars, my friend: all of the songs have full rhythm guitar tracks (mostly funky than rocker) and many of them also have guitar solos.

• @theconnactic
    I never tried to say that guitars are extincted, but that guitar driven music isn’t where it was 20 years ago. I listened to the top 20 and the only guitar I found was ed sheeran, then I stopped since my ears were bleeding.
    The new world has a different landscape indeed. Here most of the rock festivals where I used to go 15 years ago closed up and were replaced by Tomorrowland and the likes.

• My take... as a guitarist emeritus: A guitar will always get you laid. It’s more sexy than bopping behind a synth 😝