Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BIAS Amp 2.0

13»

Comments

• @supanorton said:
    I wish I could get the first reverb they used on the original Bias app. It was just a bit of room and sounded great. I’ve tried tweaking the new reverb but can’t seem to find that old sound.

I’m enjoying 2.0 and the Celestian Classic cabs. I’m very tempted to get the new blues amps IAP, but I’m going to wait for a sale on that.

I thought that too, but I wonder if it's psychological because the default settings are so over-the-top swampy and ridiculous. I think it defaults to chamber with 75% mix and tons of decay. On that setting, the reverberated sound is twice as loud as the dry signal. I have to think you could get close with some of the more moderate settings on the Studio options.

Otherwise, I agree with you that I have better results on reverb by sending the amp over to BIAS FX and using one of those pedals. Or you could use an IAA effect instead, though I haven't tried it. Room reverb was a revelation for me - I used to only use some type of Spring or a Hall if I wanted spacious sounds. Discovered room on my DigiTech Hardwire RV-7, which uses a Lexicon room reverb algorithm.

A good > @BigDawgsByte said:

I upgraded on both my iPad and my MacBook Pro and have loved it from day 1!!!! The new matched tones that come with it have really energized my playing. I mostly use BIAS FX with the new matched tones imported from Bias Amp2 on my MBP. I was about to buy a Mesa Boogies Mark V 25 and have decided to hold off for now as I am still enthralled with the new features and tones in Bias Amp 2.

I see both AMPS and FX that have a green sticker on them indicating "MATCH". Some of these are from Positive Grid's team, and some are user-generated. What is the actual technology behind this? I know the desktop ($100) BIAS Amp program allowed you to create Tone Match presets, and I recall it had to do something with mic'ing a real-life amp. Is it similar how Impulse Response works?

Do you find that the amps and pedals using Tone Match in the Positive Grid apps are noticeably better?

• Instead of creating a new thread I might as well continue on this one. Anyways (cross-post from FB):

Regarding Bias FX/Amp.
    I sent a question to Positive Grid which basically said "If I have both Bias FX and Bias Amp, including all the IAP's, do I actually NEED the new IAP in Bias Amp, whose main merit appears to be integration between FX & Amp, which I already have working? Is there more to the IAP than just integration?"

In short, the "new" IAP in Bias Amp 2 does more than the integration part, and contains more modules and features.

This was their reply, which was a good reply I think.

"Actually, I think it would be more clear with a more detailed product chart. Please see attachment.

And yes, like you have mentioned, users who already own BIAS FX and its all content does not need to purchase anything more. However, BIAS Amp 2 does come with a few more features that BIAS Amp 1 doesn't provide. Therefore, for those who has acquired all features in BIAS Amp 1, there are actually more new functions and content they can further purchase. Of course, this would not affect the integration between BIAS FX and BIAS Amp, if you already have both purchased previously."

The attached files:
    https://help.positivegrid.com/attachments/token/yxCPJGZywYnAOaj4u36B7kceX/?name=BIAS+AMP+2.0+iPad+comparison.pdf

https://help.positivegrid.com/attachments/token/kDtnlwbKQUP7KTKXSvyj0IIxY/?name=BIAS+FX+iOS+Universal+prod+info.pdf

• The one thing that is worthwhile in the new BIAS is the Celestion speaker cabs, they're less fizzy sounding than the defaults IMO. Certainly worth picking up in the sale.