Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tape

... so all these boutique independent labels releasing cassette albums ... "tape" It'll never catch on :o :D
Btw, does anyone still manufacture high quality cassette decks ?

Comments

• edited April 2018

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Tascam-CD-A580-Multi-Purpose-Player/270N?origin=product-ads&utm_campaign=PLA+Shop+-+Tascam&utm_medium=vertical_search&network=google&adgroup=Tascam.+All+Products&merchant_id=1279443&product_id=102407d1&product_country=GB&product_partition_id=84103512626&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_ZrXBRDXARIsAA8KauRNvvVg3kgtl1h311WMrk4dV-s7HXPAi7OyuQwamnTfOp0jWVTFv7waAjH9EALw_wcB

The only one that keeps popping up in searches.....no idea on the actual quality of the tape deck...but it is tascam.

It can record from an attached USB which should give good results as there will be no signal degradation from having to use cables.
    So you can do Mixdown/render from your favourite daw...copy to usb....record to cassette...

• I think it's great news, now I can finally listen to my music in my grandma's car.

• @Tarekith said:
    I think it's great news, now I can finally listen to my music in my grandma's car.

I've only in the last couple of years got a car with a CD player ! guess I'll have to wait another 10+ years for that to come back around again :)

• encenc
    edited April 2018

@AndyPlankton said:

@Tarekith said:
    I think it's great news, now I can finally listen to my music in my grandma's car.

I've only in the last couple of years got a car with a CD player ! guess I'll have to wait another 10+ years for that to come back around again :)

:D

Hold out for one of these Andy ...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/S72Qmz9ygCI/AAAAAAABR9A/XwpdExJ4r_c/s720/5r6udrtre.jpg

• @enc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Tarekith said:

:D

Hold out for one of these Andy ...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/S72Qmz9ygCI/AAAAAAABR9A/XwpdExJ4r_c/s720/5r6udrtre.jpg

LMAOO...doesn't look very pothole friendly :D

• edited April 2018

I regret simply dumping my old tape collection (500+ albums) a few years ago. I possibly could've sold it instead to people who think tape hiss and is "retro" and fun to listen to. It was especially awesome when the tape got a little stretched out after getting caught in the playhead system (or was left in a warm place too long) and having to use a pencil to wind it up. Loads of fun.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and enjoy some modest analog saturation, but I will never miss listening to, and dealing with, tapes.

• edited April 2018

This has been going on for like...10 years now. I had to fight with my label boss over releasing cassettes (this was in 2011) because I refused to add those costs on to a cd/digital release.
    'But it's cool, everyone's doing it maaan.'

Needless to say, I sold more copies through my bandcamp than the label. And became disillusioned about selling music.

• I love cassette tapes.
    A good recording made on a quality tape from a well kept vinyl will totally kill harsh digital mp3s.

Of course sometimes I like to abuse tape for using its defects in my productions,
    But if all you remember about cassettes is hiss and noise the truth is that you didn’t have a clue about it and/or didn’t have proper equipment.

Sadly no good players are in production today.

I got a Sony Walkman WM-D6C and a Marantz CP-430 that are my favorite music players.

Many indie artists are making cassette releases because they’re cheap, nice looking and collectible.

Vinyl is expensive, cd is useless, tape + digital download it’s a nice way for giving something physical to your listeners.

• edited April 2018

@rumorazzi said:
    I love cassette tapes.
    A good recording made on a quality tape from a well kept vinyl will totally kill harsh digital mp3s.

Of course sometimes I like to abuse tape for using its defects in my productions,
    But if all you remember about cassettes is hiss and noise the truth is that you didn’t have a clue about it and/or didn’t have proper equipment.

I got a Sony Walkman WM-D6C and a Marantz CP-430 that are my favorite music players.

Many indie artists are making cassette releases because they’re cheap, nice looking and collectible.

Vinyl is expensive, cd is useless, tape + digital download it’s a nice way for giving something physical to your listeners.

I don't feel the need for physical releases anymore. They just take up space, and I've never been one to get a kick out of listening to vinyl or a tape deck or a cd vs. raw wav files.

• encenc
    edited April 2018

@rumorazzi said:

, cd is useless,

:o really ?

• encenc
    edited April 2018

• @oat_phipps said:

@rumorazzi said:
    I love cassette tapes.

I don't feel the need for physical releases anymore. They just take up space, and I've never been one to get a kick out of listening to vinyl or a tape deck or a cd vs. raw wav files.

Yes, like you don’t feel the need for a real instrument, you prefer tapping on a iPad’s glass. :p

Harsh joke I know... >:)

On a more serious note, there’s no difference between original cds and wav files.

• @rumorazzi said:

@oat_phipps said:

@rumorazzi said:
    I love cassette tapes.

Yes, like you don’t feel the need for a real instrument, you prefer tapping on a iPad’s glass. :p

Harsh joke I know... >:)

On a more serious note, there’s no difference between original cds and wav files.

I'm far from an iPad glass tapper (unless of course you're suggesting I should be practicing instead of typing messages here).

And of course there's no difference between cds and wavs, except the latter are more storage friendly and can't get scratched.

• You don’t have to rip .wav files. Makes CDs a pain to deal with in the current era.

• B)
    With all these choices, it's a safe bet that you'll find a cassette that suits both your tape recorder and your tonal taste. But it may take a little experimenting and comparing.

i hear ya :D

• The user and all related content has been deleted.