Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget/Switch Review from Music Radar - "There’s good news and bad news"

Wow...

"Let’s get the bad news out of the way first: there’s no song export option, so if you want to take your tunes out of the Switch you’ll have to grab the audio via the headphones or HDMI port, which isn’t exactly ideal. You can’t exchange project data with the mobile and Mac versions, either."

https://www.musicradar.com/news/korg-gadget-for-nintendo-switch-is-here-but-some-features-are-missing

Comments

• That's pretty bad news...

• That’s pretty lame.

Korg seem to be spreading themselves thinly these days.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • So basically, they launched the MTV Music Generator version of Gadget. You’d think they’d at least allow you to exchange project data for the purpose of finishing off a track in iOS or Mac. Such a wasted opportunity really.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    So basically, they launched the MTV Music Generator version of Gadget. You’d think they’d at least allow you to exchange project data for the purpose of finishing off a track in iOS or Mac. Such a wasted opportunity really.

+1

• edited April 2018

Could be the Nintendo data wall is even harsher than the iOS wall...? Be it by design/enforcement or simple circumstance. No idea here, just wondering.

• Don’t know if it’s Korg or Nintendo to blame (or both) but indeed most lame

• Gadget LE?

• edited April 2018

Maybe blame the customers like us who will buy it anyway :)
    I mean Korg even doesn´t add standard things to their iOS apps i could get headache about every time i try to use Gadget or ArpOdyssei. They can´t be bothered to update the GUI for their legacy desktop stuff and some other things.
    They do just things they earn money with. As long as that works.....

• @Cib said:
    I mean Korg even doesn´t add standard things to their iOS apps i could get headache about every time i try to use Gadget or ArpOdyssei. They can´t be bothered to update the GUI for their legacy desktop stuff and some other things.

Eww, like some sort of... company. ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@Cib said:

Eww, like some sort of... company. ;)

Of course.....but still i expect a bit more from Korg.....

• Has anybody found out what the good news is yet, or is that to follow in a part B of the article?

• switch gadget review. Bought it yesterday. My 6 yr old played it for about an hour before we had to leave to go bowling. He was in love with it. Immediately he started making patterns on the piano roll and loved the sounds, especially running through out soundbar and subwoofer. then all night at bowling he talked about what he was gonna try next on it. Then he woke me up early this morning begging to play it again. he said he was going to send his new song to “ the “president of music”, ( not sure who that is) and would probably be famous after that lol. he played in single player mode for a while and then we did multiplayer mode. it was fun, but i think he liked making his own tunes.
    there really isnt much of a game aspect to it aside from a timed mode that has you build a song for for the timer goes of. And 4 multiplayer collaboration mode.
    As an owner of gadget, i missed a lot of the instruments and effects that aren’t available yet on the switch. And i missed having a midi keyboard to play in notes. Also they should include an audio recording instrument so they people can sing or sample into it. the switch has a microphone on it Audio export would be nice to. maybe send a wav file to email?( that would be pretty simple)
    Also i believe Nintendo should have used this opportunity as a chance to teach synthesis and audio mixing to kids , with achievements and levels to go through. more like a game
    Overall it was worth it for me. I will always prefer to use gadget on my ipad, or phone, but I loved playing music with my kids for that I give it a 10, but I think it needs a little tweaking to be great on nintendo. I hope that they listen to feedback, and tweak it to be even more entertaining and inspiring.

• Awww... that sounds awesome.

• Waiting for Labo-Keys....

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The good news is it will be compatible with their cardboard master keyboard? :p

• @eross said:
    switch gadget review. Bought it yesterday. My 6 yr old played it for about an hour before we had to leave to go bowling. He was in love with it. Immediately he started making patterns on the piano roll and loved the sounds, especially running through out soundbar and subwoofer. then all night at bowling he talked about what he was gonna try next on it. Then he woke me up early this morning begging to play it again. he said he was going to send his new song to “ the “president of music”, ( not sure who that is) and would probably be famous after that lol. he played in single player mode for a while and then we did multiplayer mode. it was fun, but i think he liked making his own tunes.
    there really isnt much of a game aspect to it aside from a timed mode that has you build a song for for the timer goes of. And 4 multiplayer collaboration mode.
    As an owner of gadget, i missed a lot of the instruments and effects that aren’t available yet on the switch. And i missed having a midi keyboard to play in notes. Also they should include an audio recording instrument so they people can sing or sample into it. the switch has a microphone on it Audio export would be nice to. maybe send a wav file to email?( that would be pretty simple)
    Also i believe Nintendo should have used this opportunity as a chance to teach synthesis and audio mixing to kids , with achievements and levels to go through. more like a game
    Overall it was worth it for me. I will always prefer to use gadget on my ipad, or phone, but I loved playing music with my kids for that I give it a 10, but I think it needs a little tweaking to be great on nintendo. I hope that they listen to feedback, and tweak it to be even more entertaining and inspiring.

That’s a great review. If expectations are realistic, this is a great way for kids to get into making music. This is not pro-level software, nor do I suspect KORG and Nintendo intend it to be. It is what it is.