Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are all the DrumJam loops tuned to C?

It seems like it. So, I’ve found myself working in C and Am. Same goes for the jam pad. Tuning the loop pitches is less than ideal. Seems to put instruments out of range quickly. @sonosaurus, are the loops in C?

Comments

• Hmm, not sure what you mean.... are there specific loop instruments that you've found happen to be tuned to C? This certainly wasn't intentional...

• Yes, it seems that many of the loops are tuned to C.

This raises some other questions.

First, are the loops tuned to each other in anyway?

Second, can you tune loops individually? I know you can pitch the whole mix up or down, as well as the jam pad.

Are the instruments in the jam pad tuned to any key?

Finally, what a beautiful app. Thank you so much!

• @johnfromberkeley said:
    Yes, it seems that many of the loops are tuned to C.

Second, can you tune loops individually? I know you can pitch the whole mix up or down, as well as the jam pad.

Just curious, how are you determining that they are tuned to C?

It seems like it. So, I’ve found myself working in C and Am. Same goes for the jam pad. Tuning the loop pitches is less than ideal. Seems to put instruments out of range quickly. @sonosaurus, are the loops in C?

Well many of the instruments and percussions are actually tuned to the major chromatic scale to my knowledge.

I can speak off the top of my head to steel drums and some others that come to mind.

To my best knowledge.

• The real question is what app is next from SONO!

Yes, it seems that many of the loops are tuned to C.

At least there is some tuning control in Drumjam. This is a major drawback with the Lumbeat drum apps--no tuning.