Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Hijack

edited January 2013 in Feature Wishlists

This is probably not technically possible, but I would LOVE to see Audio Hijack Pro-type ability to hijack app audio and shlorp it into Audiobus. Even hijacking the main out and muting Audiobus output would do. This would allow one to integrate awesome apps like Ricepad, which have ceased development.

Probably pie-in-the-sky, but hey-- I can dream! ;)

Comments

• edited January 2013

I guess completely muting Audiobus output whilst hijacking the main out wouldn't work-- duh (except to record things that need zero live manipulation). Maybe with a multi-out audio interface?

• You are correct, it isn't possible in only software. Apple doesn't let any app have access to the final output stream.

But your idea to use a multi out audio interface is interesting, where you plug the first two channels back into the inputs, then use the output Audiobus app to send to a separate output pair which you use as the actual "mains". Requires either AB or the final app to support multi-out selection.