Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DAWs that are light on CPU?

are there any reliable daws that doesn't crash??

Comments

• MultiTrack DAW has been a stable option for me.

• What model iPad and OS are you running? That's kind of relative.

Cubasis is pretty stable for me, even on an iPad 2 / iPad Mini first gen. Same goes for BeatMaker 2. Both occasionally had stuttery audio issues with lots of tracks and effects going on, but that could usually be cured by killing background apps and/or rebooting. Neither are crash-prone in my experience.

• BM2 strikes the best balance of a great feature set and low cpu usage for my needs.

• Meteor is light on CPU also.

• i have ipad mini . Which is easier/more intuitive to use meteor or cubasis? which is better for hard rock/metal music?

• @Vejichan Cubasis is much easier and more intuitive to use than any other DAW out there. Your second question is harder and depends on "how" you make your rock/metal music. A single example of why this is important: Do you mostly record it live with guitars and other real-world instruments, or do you sequence it? Your response may yield a different DAW answer.

• i record live w/guitar and real world instruments. so which one?

• Auria, since you probably don't need the overhead of MIDI and softsynths that most of the other DAWs provide. Real world instruments are also likely to need a lot of help from the plug ins that Auria has and it's a generally held opinion that the Auria plug ins are the best you can get on iOS.

• darn.. should have responded 10min earlier. anyway i got cubasis. how's cubasis on real world instruments and guitars?

• Never tried any.

• edited November 2013

Cubasis handles real world instruments great..I have a video about making a reggae pattern and the song in that video uses about ten guitar tracks, including bass all recorded in Cubasis,

• Can I group guitars and quad track ?

• Auria does both groups and subs. Not familiar (yet) with Cubasis to know.

• How do u do it in auria?

• What's "quad track"?

• see "Fader Groups", page 45 of the user guide. Tap group icon (center top, pic of two faders with a '+' between them), then tap to faders you want to group, then tap the icon again. From then on moving any one of the group will move the others with it in their original settings proportion. Only ungrouped channel faders can be grouped. Generally speaking I prefer this to using sub groups.

I'm guessing "quad tracking" is making a four-fader fader group?