Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

Even now I imagine I would get a lot out of it. I love how clean and logical building up a patch looks. Drool...

It is drool big time and with some creativity and imagination it's possible to create almost anything :)
    (It helps to think a bit like LEGO, choose the right block for the right task).

btw. Its first name was MEGO :]

• edited September 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its easy: you tap on input and select output or double tap on modulable knob, select output and a new modulation knob appears.

I made a short video on how it works

That’s incredible, I love how user friendly it is looking. Will there be a limit to modules other than CPU limits?

CPU is the only limit.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

CPU is the only limit.

Hell yeah. My 1gb of ram will be begging for mercy

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its easy: you tap on input and select output or double tap on modulable knob, select output and a new modulation knob appears.

Now officially on the hype train, Gimme gimme gimme!!

I suppose BM3 will be a quite nice host for this once the update drops or something...

Even now I imagine I would get a lot out of it. I love how clean and logical building up a patch looks. Drool...

it couldn't be easier, tab plus to add module, double tab knob on module you want to modulate than tab on modulation source,
    no cable UI non sense :)
    modulation runs from left to right, so if you have noise in the front (äh left) you can modulate anything with it, for example modulate oscillator or filter with noise ..., of course you can connect one module multiple times ...
    you see where this is leading B)

hot!
    I guess this means one LFO can control pitch and resonance? The other way around too? Resonance controlled by f.e. A step sequencer + LFO?

• @Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I suppose BM3 will be a quite nice host for this once the update drops or something...

it couldn't be easier, tab plus to add module, double tab knob on module you want to modulate than tab on modulation source,
    modulation runs from left to right, so if you have noise in the front (äh left) you can modulate anything with it, for example modulate oscillator or filter with noise ..., of course you can connect one module multiple times ...

Ahhh... no mo wires... yes... good... good...

• edited September 2019
  • edited September 2019
  • Drambo does look pretty sweet it's more than I expected. Drum Machine and :::::::

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Drambo does look pretty sweet it's more than I expected. Drum Machine and :::::::

It's an environment maaaan.
    That's why it's taking so much time. Which considering the scope of the project is not much time at all.

• edited September 2019

@Max23 said:

@OhmAgar said:

@Max23 said:

@AudioGus said:

@Samu said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

hot!
    I guess this means one LFO can control pitch and resonance? The other way around too? Resonance controlled by f.e. A step sequencer + LFO?

you can control pitch and cut of with one lfo, this is bidirectional, so negative lfo or envelope (...) is just half a knob turn away,
    add as much modules for modulation as you like ...
    its a monster :)

every knob that shows this little triangle is modulatable with other module
    all (!) parameters are modulateable (and morphable !) with scenes (kind of like a snapshot picture of all parameters) :o B)
    (so if you want to modulate something that hasn't got the little triangle use scenes)
    giku is working on a better visual representation of this ...

I got that :D What I mean is two sources modulating one parameter. Like one LFO modulating in 1 Hz to positive and another LFO negative in 1.2 Hz. Get what I mean?
    I believe it does, as the modulation seems to be happening on the modulator-module and not on the „recipient“ but still :smiley:

• edited September 2019
  • @giku_beepstreet said:

Omfg, that looks amazing 😲

• @supadom said:

That's why it's taking so much time. Which considering the scope of the project is not much time at all.

It's also a real challenge for testers since there are so many combinations and use-cases it's almost impossible to cover all corners of the app and what can eventually be done with it, but that's good actually.
    Meaning an app that doesn't severely limit creative exploration into sound...

These kind of 'happy accidents' happen all the time...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/120xstqrpujlkph/accident.wav?dl=0

But sure, I do try to focus on finding 'real' bugs too :)

• @supadom said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Drambo does look pretty sweet it's more than I expected. Drum Machine and :::::::

No complains from me about how long Drambo taking to hit the ground running. Happy whenever it comes out. The more polished the better.

• edited September 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@supadom said:

@Jumpercollins said:

No complains from me about how long Drambo taking to hit the ground running. Happy whenever it comes out. The more polished the better.

It really is something to look forward to and not with the usual 'oh jeez, is this the one? the thing?' But just that warm bathtub filling up feeling while you thumb through the bottles in the cabinet and put on some Coltrane etc... errr, correction, I fucking want it now. Hmmm, I should get a waterproof iPad case. Exciting!

• Has polyphony been addressed? I know earlier on beepstreet said it would be possibly included after the first release.

Also, I’m curious if either of the beta testers can speak to Drambos use as an effect.

Keep the teasers coming!

• edited September 2019
  • @Max23 said:

@bcrichards said:
    Also, I’m curious if either of the beta testers can speak to Drambos use as an effect.

works well
    the envelope follower is really handy here :)

And the transient detection can be used to trigger additional sounds based on the input :)

• edited September 2019

@Max23 said:

@bcrichards said:

works well

Is there a limit to sample size you can record
    /import into the sampler? Is the sampler polyphonic?

• edited September 2019
  • Sorry for what may be an obvious answer ... where is the osc or sound source for all of this modulation?

• edited September 2019

@kinkujin said:
    Sorry for what may be an obvious answer ... where is the osc or sound source for all of this modulation?

Its not updated for the new UI yet, but shows the concept

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgb3mkyba8gom09/Drambo reference sheet beta.pdf?dl=0

• edited September 2019
  • @[Deleted User] said:

@Max23 said:

@bcrichards said:

works well

Is there a limit to sample size you can record
    /import into the sampler? Is the sampler polyphonic?

also does the sampler have a timestretch algo?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@kinkujin said:
    Sorry for what may be an obvious answer ... where is the osc or sound source for all of this modulation?

Its not updated for the new UI yet, but shows the concept

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgb3mkyba8gom09/Drambo reference sheet beta.pdf?dl=0

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.