Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited May 2018

@Dawdles said:

@wim said:

@Dawdles said:

@wim said:

@Dawdles said:

@gleandibson said:
    No it isn't and no it doesn't. Just because it does for you, doesn't mean it's "useless". Try reinstalling it if you haven't already. Restoring your device could also help.

So you personally can sequence stuff like a couple of a instances of model d in it and no crackles if exit the AUM UI? No joy here. And it's more of an issue when using IAA and full app switching. I get the same issues on both a 2017 iPad and iPhone SE. Seemed to be confirmed by others in another thread? Something to do with graphics cpu priorities from apple...

I can. iPad Air 2. Ruismaker plus two Model D. Sequenced from Xequence. 256 frames buffer, 44100 kHz. Breaks up on adding the third Model D. But that is the same for all DAWs not particular to AUM.

I can switch in and out of model D AU in Bm3 and no clicks.. It's an AUM/IAA thing as far as I can tell? I should maybe clarify, its not just model d that I have issues with in AUM like this.. It's a general audio problem that pops up pretty often when switching apps. And IAA is even worse..

That's why I was so hyped about this drambo, thinking it was an AUv3 I could run in Bm3... Hopefully that'll get added later?

Edit - I should probably also clarify that BM3 also glitches with IAA switching. It's not just AUM. But it's more of a problem in AUM as it doesn't have its own sequencer so it's more likely I use external IAA like Quantum or GrooveRider...

What are your buffer settings in AUM and are they the same in BM3? Sample rate can also make a difference.

Will check buffer again but the issue has been confirmed in another thread as an Apple thing? Something to do with recent OS graphics prioritisation.....

Except I have the same hardware you do and I’m not seeing the problem. Something accounts for that, and inquiring minds ... etc.

If you prefer just to throw up your hands because of some thread somewhere, no problem. o:)

• Boom Bap

• edited May 2018

Will this paired with Zeeon be a force to reckon with?

• @Arpseechord said:

No doubt!

• @Arpseechord said:

Definitely...
    for my iPad! Poor thing is going to suffer. :(

• @realdawei said:

@Arpseechord said:

No doubt!

Very exciting times!

@CracklePot said:

@Arpseechord said:

Definitely...
    for my iPad! Poor thing is going to suffer. :(

You think you may need to upgrade your iPad? Don’t think my mini retina can stand the heat much longer :D

• @Littlewoodg said:
    On Air 2 the emulation moogs (less so Animooog) are cpu intensive to say the least no matter the host. Airplane mode is a must, and limiting moving parts in general has become the norm also.

Does that dissuade you from choosing to use these apps ever?

For me, yes.

• edited May 2018

@RUST( i )K said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    On Air 2 the emulation moogs (less so Animooog) are cpu intensive to say the least no matter the host. Airplane mode is a must, and limiting moving parts in general has become the norm also.

Does that dissuade you from choosing to use these apps ever?

For me, yes.

Yep. I play them standalone, or use them as sample fodder to ship into SunVox, but kinda gave up on sequencing them into a host with other apps running. In Audioshare as IAA, or one instance used in AUx3 host, airplane mode, nothing else alongside okay.
    Animoog is notably easier on the cpu and just rips it the way I like

• edited May 2018

I will try to do this in full-screen mode. So many screen sizes, different layouts.. The most important section is rack view, that should be always visible.

• Upgraded to iOS 11
    I’m ready.
    Go ahead and release :)

• Damnit! I was hoping for “Yay, it’s here!”. >:)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    I will try to do this in full-screen mode. So many screen sizes, different layouts.. The most important section is rack view, that should be always visible.

Will Zeeon ever have IAA version?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

No... IAA and AB are obsolete. But I gonna make it fullscreen AU one day. AU preferred size is already supported by some daw.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

No... IAA and AB are obsolete. But I gonna make it fullscreen AU one day. AU preferred size is already supported by some daw.

Are you referring to the official iOS11 preferred size implemented in GB? I hope so...

• @realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Are you referring to the official iOS11 preferred size implemented in GB? I hope so...

Yes

• Just signed into say cannot wait for this app. I love Zeeon and promote it to everyone I know.

As for the name maybe DReon :)

• This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

So it's slowly becoming a modular groovebox really. Have you considered allowing tracks till you run out of CPU rather than fixing at 8?

• Groovebox
    Drum synth
    Poly synth

GRumPs
    :lol:

• Ooo I like the sounds of this.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    This thing is evolving. Its not only a modular drum machine, you can assemble a poly synth as well, so I'm considering another name indeed.

Will there be a number of "pre-assembled" modules included? Will users be able to share their templates?

This is getting out of hand, and I like it. Can't wait.

• @AikiGhost said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

So it's slowly becoming a modular groovebox really. Have you considered allowing tracks till you run out of CPU rather than fixing at 8?

Good idea :)

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Groovebox
    Drum synth
    Poly synth

GRumPs
    :lol:

GRumPsFather to compete with Moog

This discussion has been closed.