Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

Will the sequencer be available in AU mode. How about AUv3 Full Screen and MIDI out?

Yes, sequencer is the heart of the app, it drives parameter locks.

MIDI Out and fullscreen - future updates.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@DCJ said:
    @giku_beepstreet when you say sampler do you mean we can load our own samples in this thing? :o

Yes. And it uses iCloud drive as an option. You load samples to a Drambo folder on your Mac and they are instantly available on iPad. The best solution for import/export hell IMO.

So not using the new files app structure in 11 ?
    Seems a strange choice.

• @Samu said:
    If an app supports iCloudDrive it automatically supports Files.app on iOS11 so we have nothing to worry about.

Are you sure about that ?
    I thought i had seen apps with icloud storage that didnt show up in the files app.

• @Samplemunch said:

I thought i had seen apps with icloud storage that didnt show up in the files app.

If an app uses the 'iCloud Drive' interface to access files it can also access other files...
    (Just like you can from Pages.app access files stored in for example BM3, AudioShare or Readle Documents).

The 'old style' iCloud interface is different. For example Korg uses that to sync Gadget files.
    The Gadget files are not even visible under iCloud Drive on the Mac but have to be 'synced' to the desktop Gadget...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Forgot about side-chaining: track output can be used as a modulation source for other tracks (e.g. Amp - pumping! , filter, or delay fx)

Will the sequencer be available in AU mode. How about AUv3 Full Screen and MIDI out?

Okay so I think you might nail the first authentic hit on iOS. Looking forward to it.

• edited April 2018

@Samu said:

@Samplemunch said:

If an app uses the 'iCloud Drive' interface to access files it can also access other files...

Hilarious that Apple’s own Files app won’t list my iBooks that are stuck in their own iCloud where I never asked to put them.

Hil... ari... ous

:angry:

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ummm, does parameter locks mean that automation will be on steps like with Ruismaker and not fluid? meaning if you were to automate a paramter like pitch in a diagonal ramp in BM3 that each step would simply have a different pitch as opposed to it pitching up smoothly over time, even as the sound is triggered? (Does that make sense?)

• @Samu said:

@Samplemunch said:

(Just like you can from Pages.app access files stored in for example BM3, AudioShare or Readle Documents).

The 'old style' iCloud interface is different. For example Korg uses that to sync Gadget files.
    The Gadget files are not even visible under iCloud Drive on the Mac but have to be 'synced' to the desktop Gadget...

I’m sure I can see iCloud Gadget files on my Mac’s file system. I can pull individual projects off to my computer that I’ve started on my iPhone (and tapped to make them on icloud).

• @realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Okay so I think you might nail the first authentic hit on iOS. Looking forward to it.

Come now, ...Animoog? Patterning?

• edited April 2018

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

:D By hit I mean something that transcends the current iOS community. Something so EPIC that it becomes mainstream beyond our tiny corner

• @realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

:D By hit I mean something that transcends the current iOS community. Something so EPIC that it becomes mainstream beyond our tiny corner

That wont happen.

• @Samplemunch said:

@realdawei said:

@oat_phipps said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

That wont happen.

Stunning positivity

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some more info:

• AU v3, iPad + iPhone
    • Simplified (but smart :) modular architecture - no cables.
    • Audio rate modulation, optional oversampling
    • Modules: samplers, generators (like 808 circuit model), oscillators, modulators, envelopes, filters, effects and modules that operate on triggers (all zips zaps, fills etc..)
    • File access via iCloud (one folder on mac and iOs)
    • Stereo processing
    • Parameter locks

Slowly approaching alpha.
    I'm not sure about the name yet. Its DRambo for now.

btw. Microphone input modules in standalone mode so you can "build Impaktor" - are planned (v.1.1 +)

Excellent news, looking forward to this one!

• This looks awesome !

• edited April 2018

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Ummm, does parameter locks mean that automation will be on steps like with Ruismaker and not fluid? meaning if you were to automate a paramter like pitch in a diagonal ramp in BM3 that each step would simply have a different pitch as opposed to it pitching up smoothly over time, even as the sound is triggered? (Does that make sense?)

Yes and no. P-locks (Elektron approach) works better for drums, its easier to grasp and its more fun. You can set anything in a step, like LFO curve, sample times or even enable/disable module.. No.. because Drambo contains Ramp modulator module, that smoothly ramps parameter from step to step.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Yes and no. P-locks (Elektron approach) works better for drums, its easier to grasp and its more fun. You can set anything in a step, like LFO curve, sample times or even enable/disable module.. No.. because Drambo contains Ramp modulator module, that smoothly ramps parameter from step to step.

Sweet, so best of both worlds in some ways. :)

• edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2018

@Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I'm guessing standard automation will still be possible in AU hosts like BM3?

Will sample lock per step be possible?

Hoping it has p-lock function for sample start/end/loop points + maybe slice points?

Really hyped for this. Dig the filter/saturation/fx in zeeon, the idea of being able to p-lock those + whatever else you've dreamt up, in a drum synth/sampler, as an AU in Bm3...Is a big missing piece of the puzzle for me in ios :)

Have you considered mimicking the Elektron Octatrack Scenes/Fader? My favourite hardware function by far.... Crazy how no one has properly implemented this in to an app yet :/

Standard automation: its a modular, so there is no constant parameter set that can be exposed to AU host. Standard automation will be possible via MIDI / performance controllers.

Every parameter can be p-locked. In sampler: sample file, start, end, loop points, pitch, mode (forward, backward, loops - e.g. you can set reverse playback mode in the middle of a loop). Standard sampler module is the same as in Digitakt :) There will be slicers and loopers as well. A lot of fun when you modulate slice number using a random LFO.

Octatrack scenes/fader = performance modes: I will get back to this, as soon as beta is ready.

• Just figured out how Octatrack scenes work. Crazy! I want this! :)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

I’m sure I can see iCloud Gadget files on my Mac’s file system. I can pull individual projects off to my computer that I’ve started on my iPhone (and tapped to make them on icloud).

Do you have the Mac version of Gadget installed?

I can't see any of my Gadget 'iCloud Files' on the Mac but I can sync them to my phone from iCloud.
    Also there's no 'Gadget' folder o my iCloud Drive...

• I’m going to admit to wondering what make the controller was before realising it was a mouse mat.

• Drambo creates a folder on iCloud drive. The folder is visible on every connected device and in Files app. You can still use local storage if you don't use iCloud.

• That sounds all very interesting indeed and seems it could fill a gap about iOS music production tools.

• so excited for this one!!

• you had me at Beepstreet...

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Dawdles said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@AudioGus said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I'm guessing standard automation will still be possible in AU hosts like BM3?

Will sample lock per step be possible?

Hoping it has p-lock function for sample start/end/loop points + maybe slice points?

Really hyped for this. Dig the filter/saturation/fx in zeeon, the idea of being able to p-lock those + whatever else you've dreamt up, in a drum synth/sampler, as an AU in Bm3...Is a big missing piece of the puzzle for me in ios :)

Have you considered mimicking the Elektron Octatrack Scenes/Fader? My favourite hardware function by far.... Crazy how no one has properly implemented this in to an app yet :/

Standard automation: its a modular, so there is no constant parameter set that can be exposed to AU host. Standard automation will be possible via MIDI / performance controllers.

Every parameter can be p-locked. In sampler: sample file, start, end, loop points, pitch, mode (forward, backward, loops - e.g. you can set reverse playback mode in the middle of a loop). Standard sampler module is the same as in Digitakt :) There will be slicers and loopers as well. A lot of fun when you modulate slice number using a random LFO.

Octatrack scenes/fader = performance modes: I will get back to this, as soon as beta is ready.

So basically a modular little groovebox/sampler that can do sequencing akin to Elektron? Really stoked for this one.

• @Mr_Beak said:
    you had me at Beepstreet...

This. After Zeeon opened my eyes - definitely this.

This discussion has been closed.