Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• Hopefully down the road a note repeat function can be implemented on the trigger pads.

• edited February 2020

@Shiro Multiply gate signal by synced LFO

• @jolico said:
    IF it ever drops. Will it work on iPhone?

It will never drop but yes, it does work on iPhone.

• That's a happy face, I'm still intrigued by the prospect of visuals and video...

• @jolico said:

It not only works but it's quite usable even on the small'ish 5SE!

• @rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

This is good to know. I have an Air1 for emergencies/light work, but primarily working off my XR now...

Workflow question - the sequencer is not available when hosted as an AUv3 right? I think I read that somewhere. So to use in / with AUM, to sequence other AUv3s and etc loaded.... you'd either have to have it running standalone or as IAA loaded inside AUM?

• edited February 2020

@iammane said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

This is good to know. I have an Air1 for emergencies/light work, but primarily working off my XR now...

Workflow question - the sequencer is not available when hosted as an AUv3 right? I think I read that somewhere. So to use in / with AUM, to sequence other AUv3s and etc loaded.... you'd either have to have it running standalone or as IAA loaded inside AUM?

The sequencer is most definitely available when Drambo is used as AUv3 :-) Also Drambo can be used as standalone but it is not IAA. Almost 150 pages.

• edited February 2020

If the size of this thread would be an indication of sales...

via GIPHY

• @Shiro said:

@iammane said:

@rs2000 said:

@jolico said:

The sequencer is most definitely available when Drambo is used as AUv3 :-) Also Drambo can be used as standalone but it is not IAA. Almost 150 pages.

Ok perfect, good to know. I'd prefer this be the case!!!

• It will be released when the page count reaches 1000. Or the heat death of the universe - whichever's sooner.

• 150 with this post? Testing one two

• @Treaszure said:
    150 with this post? Testing one two

Nope...

• This is all very exciting.

What's the sequencer like to work with?
    I might have missed mention of it.

Is it easy to build up arangements?

Wishful thinking likely but I'd love to see a pattern based sequencer on iOS that works like the playlist in FL studio on desktop.

In my ideal world Drambo would do this as well as all the other things it can apparently do.

• @Treaszure said:
    150 with this post? Testing one two

Swing and a miss.

• edited February 2020

10 posts to page 150...

• Two years in april, since this thread started. I think we'll get there.

• 7> @dendy said:

10 posts to page 150...

• Yeah, but how far 'til we get to phoenix?

@Yalexein said:
    7> @dendy said:

10 posts to page 150...

• id rather get to 150 with drambo 🤣

• Drambo is similar to a Sisifo’s kind of experience; the difference is that you reach the peak of your hype along the way with new videos.

• edited February 2020

@MichaelRocketship said:
    This is all very exciting.

Is it easy to build up arrangements?

Wishful thinking likely but I'd love to see a pattern based sequencer on iOS that works like the playlist in FL studio on desktop.

In my ideal world Drambo would do this as well as all the other things it can apparently do.

It's not really like FL studio playlist from what I can see. However as a user of AUM, Drambo sequencer is a bit of a dream come true. Now I can get my ideas down really quick and efficiently. I think videos demos are the best way to see what it can do as I find it hard to explain via text. Design wise everything is in place and the system feels solid, logical and complete. I can also see room for smart refinements in the future.

• @Yalexein said:
    Drambo is similar to a Sisifo’s kind of experience; the difference is that you reach the peak of your hype along the way with new videos.

The leap year approacheth though, once in a blue moon type thing...

• @Krupa said:

@Yalexein said:
    Drambo is similar to a Sisifo’s kind of experience; the difference is that you reach the peak of your hype along the way with new videos.

The leap year approacheth though, once in a blue moon type thing...

I can’t way to jump into its abyss

• i was born in leap day, does that get my anything?

• @Shiro said:

@MichaelRocketship said:

It's not really like FL studio playlist from what I can see. However as a user of AUM, Drambo sequencer is a bit of a dream come true. Now I can get my ideas down really quick and efficiently. I think videos demos are the best way to see what it can do as I find it hard to explain via text. Design wise everything is in place and the system feels solid, logical and complete. I can also see room for smart refinements in the future.

What's exciting to me about this is that even though the app has enormous possibilities and can be as large and ungainly as a modular system can get, it can •also• be this narrow, lean little piece.

I was using BM3 in AUM last night (after 15 minutes of crashing and reloading, grrr), and I realized how ridiculous it was to load this behemoth in an AUM channel just to use its drum sampler.

Really hoping Drambo's sequencer and sampler can be easily slotted in as needed.

• @ExAsperis99

The sampler and sampling in Drambo is the reason why I’m so excited about it. :smile:

@bcrichards videos stoked that anticipation into a fever pitch...weeks/months ago! Lol

• 164 new posts! It must be... nope

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Shiro said:

@MichaelRocketship said:

What's exciting to me about this is that even though the app has enormous possibilities and can be as large and ungainly as a modular system can get, it can •also• be this narrow, lean little piece.

I was using BM3 in AUM last night (after 15 minutes of crashing and reloading, grrr), and I realized how ridiculous it was to load this behemoth in an AUM channel just to use its drum sampler.

Really hoping Drambo's sequencer and sampler can be easily slotted in as needed.

Yes, you don't need to use sequencer, you can use it as a single AU modular rack containing instrument / effect / midi processor in UI compact mode, so you don't even see modules.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

It can but given its beepstreet'ish nature, it's nothing like your typical piano-roll style sequencer. I think that both types of sequencers complement each other well.
    Drambo's sequencer reminds me more of the Digitakt sequencer, if anybody here has ever used one.

A much more interesting field for Drambo is IMHO "slotting in" Drambo as an AUv3 effects unit. Build your own chorus, delay, flanger, phaser, compressor, dynamic EQ, distortion unit, wave folder, ring modulator... The way you've always wanted it.

This discussion has been closed.