Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• Is it some wort of immanent? I am not checking the forums one day and there goes 50 replies!?

• @david_2017 said:
    Is it some wort of immanent? I am not checking the forums one day and there goes 50 replies!?

People need to chat at times.
    See also: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/37323/synthesizers-are-obsolete#latest
    😉

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:

I can’t fathom where your notion about ‘if I just want a synth with presets’ would come from.. I mean why or what would lead you to believe that this might be the case. Where does it come from and why did you say it in response to my post? Explain yourself and that will be fine..... and please feel absolutely free to quote me on anything I have said.. that would help.

I'm sorry if you offended you, and I wasn't trying to case aspersions on you. Different apps appeal to different people and that's fine. No judgement intended.

You said listening to the demo that you couldn't see what the excitement is, it doesn't sound any better than other normal synths. And yeah that's probably true. But you can also make totally weird synths with it, or a 5 oscillator synth if you want, or add a resonant filter bank. Or any number of weird things. Many of which may sound like crap, and some which will sound like something awful. And if you like exploring new sounds that will be exciting, and if you're rather get on with making a tune that's probably going to sound very self-indulgent.

I'm hoping this will be the best drum machine ever because I like doing drum synthesis, and this has all the tools I want. But other people prefer samples and that's cool too. Whatever works for you.

It’s totally fine- no offence taken, please have no concerns🙂. I look at it more as forum banter than an offensive argument.
    Let’s hope we all enjoy Drambo when it arrives.

• edited February 2020

March 20th swam iOS and Keystep pro come out. Sounds like a great day to release the drambo.

• One question. Is that right that i could use any sound source (Impulse, OSCs, audio in) as exciter for the resonator?
    And i even could cascade resonators?
    O.K. 2 questions.
    DrAmbo. Most exciting modular since a long time anyway.

• Its a modular so you can connect anything even LFO modulated by EG passed throught a reverb :) yes you can cascade them

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Its a modular so you can connect anything even LFO modulated by EG passed throught a reverb :) yes you can cascade them

Good to know you set almost no limits there :)
    I already try to imagine if i could do some kind of sympathetic resonance emulator which might not useful for anyone but that is the fun of an open modular. Just do weird shit.

• page 148 ! Amazing .. looks like we will do it, 150 pages before release ... on page 150 we can head forward to another milestone :-D

• edited February 2020

For those worrying about fuel efficiency look at the top bar. No sweat at 256 frames. Pro 10.5 13.3.1

• It has audio in? How do you handle recording "audio track"

• edited February 2020

@yonhorizon said:
    It has audio in? How do you handle recording "audio track"

At the moment there’s no midi learn for many functions so I’m still using loopy/samplr for looping/sampling duties. Midi is coming soon though.

Yes it does have an audio in module and it can be used to record stuff when hosted in effect slots in AUM and Audiobus or in standalone.

• Track input can be set to external audio.

• So when is this being released.....?

• @RajahP said:
    So when is this being released.....?

Then, not when.

• I thought it was out and the game was just to pretend like it's still not 😬

• Looks like it will be obsolete way before it ever gets released :smiley:

• edited March 2020

• @jolico said:
    Looks like it will be obsolete way before it ever gets released :smiley:

What will make it obsolete!?

It’s got a two year head start on anything like it :)

• @ion677 said:
    March 20th swam iOS and Keystep pro come out. Sounds like a great day to release the drambo.

June 17, 2175, planet Earth signs its first intergalactic space treaty. Sounds like a great day to release the Drambo!

• edited February 2020

@supadom said:
    Yes it does have an audio in module and it can be used to record stuff when hosted in effect slots in AUM and Audiobus or in standalone.

Does that include sampling via IAA?

I'd love to be able to sample directly from Gadget without jumping through too many hoops...

• @blakkaz said:

@supadom said:

Does that include sampling via IAA?

I'd love to be able to sample directly from Gadget without jumping through too many hoops...

You can record/sample using the standalone but its not IAA.

• Does anyone who is beta testing use it for hip hop and beat making? I’ve been curious how well it works for that

• edited February 2020

@JackDwyerburger I think it works well. The samplers are easy to work with and you finally get a nice pattern sequencer with tracks not unlike an MPC workflow. With easy automation to control effects and sample parameters, I think it’s a really good setup. If you’d prefer to use some other instrument the sequencer alone is good to go.

The retrigger module should make doing trap drums a breeze.

• edited February 2020

...I wonder what would happen if Drambo caught the notice of Ableton or Apple...?

• @bcrichards said:
    @JackDwyerburger I think it works well. The samplers are easy to work with and you finally get a nice pattern sequencer with tracks not unlike an MPC workflow. With easy automation to control effects and sample parameters, I think it’s a really good setup. If you’d prefer to use some other instrument the sequencer alone is good to go.

The retrigger module should make doing trap drums a breeze.

That’s awesome, thank you. I like the beats too, I could definitely see this replacing a lot of apps for me but wasn’t sure if it were more electronic oriented

• It is going to be so so SO much fun listening to all the stuff everybody comes up with when it drops. I think that’s what I’m most excited about.

• IF it ever drops. Will it work on iPhone?

• Always though drambo was a fun fake name giku was using and i still doubt it’s gonna be the release name.

This discussion has been closed.