Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    No. Btw I posted a list with all modules present on release version. More will be added later.

Hmmm people keep saying Drumbo... This name must be wrong ;)

Uups sorry ;)
    I wished all updated infos goes to page one ;) Must be a record hype/thread/app. And is even not released. Already a classic.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    No. Btw I posted a list with all modules present on release version. More will be added later.

The module list can be found on the wiki page, fwiw.

• @Clueless said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Uups sorry ;)
    I wished all updated infos goes to page one ;) Must be a record hype/thread/app. And is even not released. Already a classic.

Classic Dumbo

• Drumbostiltskin

• I think we need a Drambo memes thread as well

• @bcrichards said:
    I think we need a Drambo memes thread as well

You’re already in it.

• Drumble, rhymes better

• The Rumble in the Drumble.

• I heard for each page in this thread the developer has to add a new module :D

• a dram of drambo please

• @jipumarino said:

Nailed it

• .> @cian said:

@robosardine said:

@cian said:
    My guess is that if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you.

I would guess that if you are the kind of person that for no apparent reason wants to make a patronising assumption pulled solely from the air that surrounds you in order to make a statement which is otherwise patently obvious that you might find the whole thing too sophisticated to make the best of.

Why is that patronizing? Every time a new synth is released there are people on forum who complain about the lack of presets, or the presets not being inspiring. This is a modular synth and clearly it's for people who like tweaking. Modular by definition is for people who like tweaking. If you don't like tweaking, get one of the many synths that is made for you. Totally valid decision.

If you're listening to the demo and comparing it to a fixed architecture synth negatively, maybe it isn't for you. Clearly this is not trying to compete with the latest Rob Papen soft synth or whatever. It's not about the sound of the filters, but the fact that you can combine (pretty good sound filters) into a filter bank, and do crazy shit.

I can’t fathom where your notion about ‘if I just want a synth with presets’ would come from.. I mean why or what would lead you to believe that this might be the case. Where does it come from and why did you say it in response to my post? Explain yourself and that will be fine..... and please feel absolutely free to quote me on anything I have said.. that would help.

• edited February 2020

• @robosardine said:

I can’t fathom where your notion about ‘if I just want a synth with presets’ would come from.. I mean why or what would lead you to believe that this might be the case. Where does it come from and why did you say it in response to my post? Explain yourself and that will be fine..... and please feel absolutely free to quote me on anything I have said.. that would help.

I'm sorry if you offended you, and I wasn't trying to case aspersions on you. Different apps appeal to different people and that's fine. No judgement intended.

You said listening to the demo that you couldn't see what the excitement is, it doesn't sound any better than other normal synths. And yeah that's probably true. But you can also make totally weird synths with it, or a 5 oscillator synth if you want, or add a resonant filter bank. Or any number of weird things. Many of which may sound like crap, and some which will sound like something awful. And if you like exploring new sounds that will be exciting, and if you're rather get on with making a tune that's probably going to sound very self-indulgent.

I'm hoping this will be the best drum machine ever because I like doing drum synthesis, and this has all the tools I want. But other people prefer samples and that's cool too. Whatever works for you.

• Elektron is teasing what I’m assuming is definitely gonna be a hardware Drambo.

• edited February 2020

@jipumarino said:

Elektron is teasing what I’m assuming is definitely gonna be a hardware Drambo.

Woooww! New elektron thingy! Hope its an octatrack Digitakt type thing!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Honestly, I never found this was the right name for this app, but people may be attached to it due to the long history of the thread!
    Maybe you can release it under another name, and not tell anybody >:)

• edited February 2020

Drambo is not the right name, thats why it works.

• Nausea relief: Drambamine

• Creative block relief: Drambomethorphan

• when you need bouncy trap music : drambolean

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:

Drums like Rambo - and yes, it has grown to be much more than that 😉

• @Sygma said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Honestly, I never found this was the right name for this app, but people may be attached to it due to the long history of the thread!
    Maybe you can release it under another name, and not tell anybody >:)

What are you saying? It is already out! 😦

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Totally agree.

This discussion has been closed.