Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @Treaszure

Thanks for the nice vibe, it was just a quick demo but i think i still have the project so if it still works with the final released version i can send it to you for your own reference 🙂 maybe you can improve on it.

• @Shiro said:
    @Treaszure

Thanks for the nice vibe, it was just a quick demo but i think i still have the project so if it still works with the final released version i can send it to you for your own reference 🙂 maybe you can improve on it.

Ooohh cool! :smile: Hopefully it will work with the final released version. I will do my best but you will still get ALL the credits for laying down the foundation of the track however it turns out to be. :)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Some popular mechanics ;)

Is this the end of Ableton as we know it?

• @ahallam said:

Is this the end of Ableton as we know it?

Not for me Clive.

• @reasOne said:
    the best way to restore peace to the kingdom is to release drambo right now!

Certainly not. If it was ready for release, I'm sure @giku_beepstreet would not have artificially delayed it. And I highly welcome his strategy not to make the same mistake that Steinberg did with their Cubasis 3 forced-pre-Christmas-release mess.

• Deleted half way in... I guess nothing else left to say.
    Except pointless comments like this.

• @rs2000 said:

@reasOne said:
    the best way to restore peace to the kingdom is to release drambo right now!

Certainly not. If it was ready for release, I'm sure @giku_beepstreet would not have artificially delayed it. And I highly welcome his strategy not to make the same mistake that Steinberg did with their Cubasis 3 forced-pre-Christmas-release mess.

lol ok i’m thinking you took my comment way to serious

• I would like to hear more about the physical modeling tools in Drumbo. Could it be used to create things like in Modo-Bass, String-Studio, Chromaphone, Pianoteq or iOS apps like Laplace, Geoshred etc..
    I mean you already can "emulate" organic sounds with plain subtractive synthesis, audio rate modulations, the right filters and saturation. The envelopes and proper gainstaging playing a huge role as well and also different voice stealing algorithms can add something.
    Since no one know when Drumbo is out or when there will be a manual i ask me how the voice count works.
    I saw you can add up to 8 voices (and that is great and seldom in a modular environment to make this so easy).
    So can each track have 8 voices? Is there even any limit of voices in general for all summed tracks?
    Sorry, maybe stupid questions but while i also cannot wait for Drumbo i already try to make patches in my mind using what i learned from my other synths/modulars/physical modeling tools.
    And maybe more important could i finally create in a not so complicated way something like Polymer (which exist only for mac and is abandoned) on iOS without having to study DSP or coding :)

• edited February 2020

There's a big difference between using synth presets, tweaking and making your own, and building a synth/drum machine/sampler/whatever from scratch from modules.

Just because you don't want to spend a few days building ensembles, doesn't make you any less of a synthesist - some people just enjoy making actual music with the things.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:
    I think it’s a fair enough point, and it’s probably something that has occurred to others as well.. myself included.
    With no offence intended to those providing the demos, I have visited the thread on occasion over the years and have yet to hear something eminently memorable that I can’t wait to get my hands on - in the same way that I have done with several other apps that have been due for release. I’m not too exited about it at the moment, especially given other recent releases and updates which I am absolutely in the groove with.

My guess is that if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you.

This is totally for me

Fairly safe to say that anybody who's commenting on Page 145 of the Drambo thread isn't a [Jacob Rees-Mogg snooty voice] Person Who Just Wants a Synth With Presets, heaven forbid.

/lets self out.

/comes with

• @Clueless said:
    I would like to hear more about the physical modeling tools in Drumbo. Could it be used to create things like in Modo-Bass, String-Studio, Chromaphone, Pianoteq or iOS apps like Laplace, Geoshred etc..
    I mean you already can "emulate" organic sounds with plain subtractive synthesis, audio rate modulations, the right filters and saturation. The envelopes and proper gainstaging playing a huge role as well and also different voice stealing algorithms can add something.
    Since no one know when Drumbo is out or when there will be a manual i ask me how the voice count works.
    I saw you can add up to 8 voices (and that is great and seldom in a modular environment to make this so easy).
    So can each track have 8 voices? Is there even any limit of voices in general for all summed tracks?
    Sorry, maybe stupid questions but while i also cannot wait for Drumbo i already try to make patches in my mind using what i learned from my other synths/modulars/physical modeling tools.
    And maybe more important could i finally create in a not so complicated way something like Polymer (which exist only for mac and is abandoned) on iOS without having to study DSP or coding :)

A lot of modules is planned for 2020, dedicated PM models among them.

Polymer, you mean polyphonic midi voice distribution? Its possible with MIDI to poly module.

• @MonzoPro said:
    There's a big difference between using synth presets, tweaking and making your own, and building a synth/drum machine/sampler/whatever from scratch from modules.

Just because you don't want to spend a few days building ensembles, doesn't make you any less of a synthesist - some people just enjoy making actual music with the things.

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:
    I think it’s a fair enough point, and it’s probably something that has occurred to others as well.. myself included.
    With no offence intended to those providing the demos, I have visited the thread on occasion over the years and have yet to hear something eminently memorable that I can’t wait to get my hands on - in the same way that I have done with several other apps that have been due for release. I’m not too exited about it at the moment, especially given other recent releases and updates which I am absolutely in the groove with.

My guess is that if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you.

This is totally for me

Fairly safe to say that anybody who's commenting on Page 145 of the Drambo thread isn't a [Jacob Rees-Mogg snooty voice] Person Who Just Wants a Synth With Presets, heaven forbid.

/lets self out.

/comes with

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

The main goal was to make building as easy and obvious as tweaking.

• edited February 2020

Drambo... the Jay Electronica of iOS. 😆
    (Hip-hop heads know the reference).

• "A lot of modules is planned for 2020"
    This could mean that release date could be this year :hushed: speculation speculation... Unless those modules are purely for the enjoyment of the beta testers. :sweat_smile:
    Either way, it's going to be fun (for someone)! :grin:

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

Good, I look forward to using it at some point!

My response was to the comment: "if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you".

Which to non-beta-testers and module builders like me sounds a bit off-putting.

Be interesting to see the public response when it goes live, there’s been an unprecedented build-up to this one.

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Clueless said:
    I would like to hear more about the physical modeling tools in Drumbo. Could it be used to create things like in Modo-Bass, String-Studio, Chromaphone, Pianoteq or iOS apps like Laplace, Geoshred etc..

A lot of modules is planned for 2020, dedicated PM models among them.

Polymer, you mean polyphonic midi voice distribution? Its possible with MIDI to poly module.

Yes, f.e. Polymer sends chords to different midi channels. So you can send f.e. 3 voices to channel 2 and 4 voices to channel 3 and so on.
    I doubt there will be an mac port anytime soon? (I just say that since i think it indeed could replace Reaktor for me). But that would be fantastic. I would pay at least $100. Just saying :) But maybe it is good you focus only on iOS and concentrate on new modules for Drumbo. I mean after the release.

• @MonzoPro said:
    My response was to the comment: "if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you".

Now you make me curious. What is a module builder?

• @robosardine said:

@cian said:

I would guess that if you are the kind of person that for no apparent reason wants to make a patronising assumption pulled solely from the air that surrounds you in order to make a statement which is otherwise patently obvious that you might find the whole thing too sophisticated to make the best of.

Why is that patronizing? Every time a new synth is released there are people on forum who complain about the lack of presets, or the presets not being inspiring. This is a modular synth and clearly it's for people who like tweaking. Modular by definition is for people who like tweaking. If you don't like tweaking, get one of the many synths that is made for you. Totally valid decision.

If you're listening to the demo and comparing it to a fixed architecture synth negatively, maybe it isn't for you. Clearly this is not trying to compete with the latest Rob Papen soft synth or whatever. It's not about the sound of the filters, but the fact that you can combine (pretty good sound filters) into a filter bank, and do crazy shit.

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:

@cian said:

I would guess that if you are the kind of person that for no apparent reason wants to make a patronising assumption pulled solely from the air that surrounds you in order to make a statement which is otherwise patently obvious that you might find the whole thing too sophisticated to make the best of.

Why is that patronizing? Every time a new synth is released there are people on forum who complain about the lack of presets, or the presets not being inspiring. This is a modular synth and clearly it's for people who like tweaking. Modular by definition is for people who like tweaking. If you don't like tweaking, get one of the many synths that is made for you. Totally valid decision.

If you're listening to the demo and comparing it to a fixed architecture synth negatively, maybe it isn't for you. Clearly this is not trying to compete with the latest Rob Papen soft synth or whatever. It's not about the sound of the filters, but the fact that you can combine (pretty good sound filters) into a filter bank, and do crazy shit.

But, unlike an actual modular rig, you can save the state of it as a preset and bring it up any time you want. So some guy that looooves to tweak it can do so and then somebody that doesn’t (like me) will take that saved state and use it, or heaven forbid I might tweak that myself!

If somebody gave me 100 presets to get me going, that’d be ok. And since there are so many people that do like to just make sounds, I feel like I’m going to be covered and that I can actually make some music with it instead of just bloops, which is what I prefer to do.

So have at it tweakers! You will just make the collective stronger!

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:

@cian said:

I think I would disagree with you about this app not being useful for people who primarily use presets as I anticipate people being able to share Drambo presets in much the same way people create and share presets for other synth apps. Given these modular tools, many people will certainly want to roll their own though perhaps the greatest strength lies in being able to benefit from learning from other people’s presets and modifying them to achieve your goals. Having a modular app with a lower barrier to entry In terms of learning how to use it and such a wide array of capabilities means it’s more likely there will be more presets created and shared too.

Even with an app like Mozaic, there’s been a lot of sharing and in my opinion it will be much easier to create presets for Drambo.

• @MonzoPro said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

Be interesting to see the public response when it goes live, there’s been an unprecedented build-up to this one.

Agreed, agreed and agreed. We may not be the hollow men, but we are quick to get on the grump-cycle when people tell us what we are (and are not) suited for. You want your exclusive club? You have it! :)

We are all of different backgrounds and capabilities, but some of us who appear slow and at the back of the class can still break your heart with other tools...

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Someone who builds a custom ensemble with synth modules. Which is a step up from synth tweakers who roll their own presets.

• @MonzoPro said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

Someone who builds a custom ensemble with synth modules. Which is a step up from synth tweakers who roll their own presets.

In the sense of what Isao Tomita or Wendy Carlos did? Or Jean-Michel Jarre?

• @DatGood said:

No doubt! I’ve been waiting for that fool to drop a full “project“ since I 1st heard “Exhibit C” back in ‘09!!!😒😂

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

In the sense of what Isao Tomita or Wendy Carlos did? Or Jean-Michel Jarre?

I’m trying to work out whether you’re deliberately trying to pick a fight with me, or genuinely don’t know what a modular synth app is.

• edited February 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonzoPro said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

/lets self out.

/comes with

Agreed, agreed and agreed. We may not be the hollow men, but we are quick to get on the grump-cycle when people tell us what we are (and are not) suited for. You want your exclusive club? You have it! :)

We are all of different backgrounds and capabilities, but some of us who appear slow and at the back of the class can still break your heart with other tools...

Too good for the likes of us boss.

• @DatGood said:

Nas hit him up on the phone, said what you waitin on?
    Tip hit him up with a tweet, said what you waitin on?
    Diddy send a text every hour on the dot sayin
    When you gon drop that Drambo Giku you taking long

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@DatGood said:

Nas hit him up on the phone, said what you waitin on?
    Tip hit him up with a tweet, said what you waitin on?
    Diddy send a text every hour on the dot sayin
    When you gon drop that Drambo Giku you taking long

😂😂😂
    Giku bring ancient mathematics back to modern apps.

• Is there a granular module coming with Drumbo?

• No. Btw I posted a list with all modules present on release version. More will be added later.

Hmmm people keep saying Drumbo... This name must be wrong ;)

This discussion has been closed.