Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• Lovely! Thank you!

•                              **Digital Rhythmic Analog Modular Beat Orchestrator**

• @Treaszure said:
    Digital Rhythmic Analog Modular Beat Orchestrator

Now we know! 😅

• @rs2000 said:

@Treaszure said:

Now we know! 😅

;)

• @Treaszure said:

love it!

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Working on presets now and you asked for sound examples of this drum machine :)

Stereo supersaw (improved sunrizer version), triangle sub, envelope, 24db lpf, a shaper (hq, bandlimited dsp) and chorus. Voice number module to spread filter peaks in OB style

Bravo...

• @RajahP said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Stereo supersaw (improved sunrizer version), triangle sub, envelope, 24db lpf, a shaper (hq, bandlimited dsp) and chorus. Voice number module to spread filter peaks in OB style

Bravo...

I hesitate to criticize, but are we entering Emperor's New Clothes territory here? This is a fine sound but it's pretty ordinary, isn't it? It sounds like iSem to me, or Zeeon, or any number of Sunrizer patches.

In the debate over whether this gargantuan thread — the chalice of all our dreams! — is harmful, the answer is OF COURSE NOT. It's just people bantering! But I do worry that Drambo is being built up to the point where it will have to alter the universe to succeed. I just want a good AU sampler and sequencer; everything else is gravy.

But after the @rs2000's oracular pronouncements and a list of 124 sometimes baffling modules of things like "sinus," "1/x," "slew limiter," I worry that I might not enter the cult of Drambo right away.

• @gusgranite said:
    There better be one massive 🎲 to press...

I’ve pressed it but I don’t think it works. Might be a bug @giku_beepstreet ?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Bravo...

I hesitate to criticize, but are we entering Emperor's New Clothes territory here? This is a fine sound but it's pretty ordinary, isn't it? It sounds like iSem to me, or Zeeon, or any number of Sunrizer patches.

In the debate over whether this gargantuan thread — the chalice of all our dreams! — is harmful, the answer is OF COURSE NOT. It's just people bantering! But I do worry that Drambo is being built up to the point where it will have to alter the universe to succeed. I just want a good AU sampler and sequencer; everything else is gravy.

But after the @rs2000's oracular pronouncements and a list of 124 sometimes baffling modules of things like "sinus," "1/x," "slew limiter," I worry that I might not enter the cult of Drambo right away.

You can make your Drambo experience as simple or as complicated as you wish. I don’t think I’ve ever used the niche 30% of the modules installed in my over a year long Drambo testing career. I wouldn’t know what to do with them. Still, I’ve managed to make some dope stuff with it. If you want an AU sampler and a sequencer there’s plenty for you to chew on. ;)

• @supadom said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Bravo...

You can make your Drambo experience as simple or as complicated as you wish. I don’t think I’ve ever used the niche 30% of the modules installed in my over a year long Drambo testing career. I wouldn’t know what to do with them. Still, I’ve managed to make some dope stuff with it. If you want an AU sampler and a sequencer there’s plenty for you to chew on. ;)

That's what I want to hear! You had me at "dope stuff."
    Man, no more coffee for me.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Bravo...

The Emperor’s new clothes? Really? If anything it’s the opposite of the Emperor’s new clothes as the developer and several of the beta testers have shared videos which you can look at and see the app in action. This seems to be a relatively transparent development process rather than an invisible one as implied by the Emperor’s new clothes comparison. The developer is certainly in no position to compel people to buy Drambo or to even say good things about it.

As to whether or not the sound is generic or can be produced in other existing apps doesn’t focus on the whole point of being able to create your own custom effect or synth versus one synth patch just being an example of what is possible. The developer has stated he’s putting together patches for the app so it seems like one could get a better sense of what the app can do once these patches can be shown to the public.

As to using the app, you could learn more about modular synthesis and create your own patches, or when it’s released you can presumably download patches created by other users, modify them, or some combination of the above. Relative to many modular approaches, Drambo is definitely on the more straightforward end of the spectrum versus more complex and needing to get into the weeds of modular synthesis to do anything with it.

• Ya’ll got me wanting to watch Emperor’s New Groove.

• The emperor’s new threads? The emperor’s new close? I feel like there’s something here.

Looking forward to release day fwiw :)

• I think the comparison was done on the part that in the story everyone complimented the emperor's new clothes even though he didn't have any.

• I think it’s a fair enough point, and it’s probably something that has occurred to others as well.. myself included.
    With no offence intended to those providing the demos, I have visited the thread on occasion over the years and have yet to hear something eminently memorable that I can’t wait to get my hands on - in the same way that I have done with several other apps that have been due for release. I’m not too exited about it at the moment, especially given other recent releases and updates which I am absolutely in the groove with.
    I will of course be delighted In the future to discover that this conclusion was misconstrued. Perhaps I don’t fully understand its capabilities yet or maybe I feel that I’ve got everything I might want at the moment.... that could be it.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@RajahP said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Bravo...

It’s just gonna be like a modular, no one expects one to know everything or use every module but the fact that it’s there is what makes it great. One day after intense or even not so intense use you’ll think, fuck I wish I could do this. And lo and behold, you can.

Not sure if I’m getting high hopes but it looks to me like it does a lot of what my octatrack does but with a modular synth in each track. I absolutely adore my octatrack but if I can get it’s functions in an app I’d rather have money in my pocket. Not sure if that’s a big ask or if expensive music hardware is running on ancient technology being far surpassed by iOS now. I know mpc lives run on old tablet chips supposedly

• Emperor's new clothes somehow reminds me of Giku's hospital dress.

... as his last demo video made me wonder how it must feel to have this much coding power.
    If it wasn't about the broken limb, I would have suspected a god like nature, or was it just staging?

• @J_B miRack and Drambo seem to me like the most appropriate candidates for replicating parts of the Octatrack functionality on an iDevice. miRack goes deeper while Drambo will be more fun to use.

One day after intense or even not so intense use you’ll think, fuck I wish I could do this. And lo and behold, you can.

Exactly that happened to me this morning when I had to get my hands on an idea of how to build a different snare drum model. A software modular that is easy and fast to use, running on a device nearby that you can quickly power on and go ahead in seconds.

Like @robosardine concluded, it might not be an app for everyone, just like Mozaic has a lot more users than programmers.
    But with more and more fun devices, synths, groove boxes, samplers and effects, I can imagine a lot of people using Drambo even without designing their own projects.
    We'll see.

• @robosardine said:
    I think it’s a fair enough point, and it’s probably something that has occurred to others as well.. myself included.
    With no offence intended to those providing the demos, I have visited the thread on occasion over the years and have yet to hear something eminently memorable that I can’t wait to get my hands on - in the same way that I have done with several other apps that have been due for release. I’m not too exited about it at the moment, especially given other recent releases and updates which I am absolutely in the groove with.

My guess is that if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you.

This is totally for me

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:
    I think it’s a fair enough point, and it’s probably something that has occurred to others as well.. myself included.

My guess is that if you're the kind of person who just wants a synth with presets that's ready to go this will not be for you.

This is totally for me

Fairly safe to say that anybody who's commenting on Page 145 of the Drambo thread isn't a [Jacob Rees-Mogg snooty voice] Person Who Just Wants a Synth With Presets, heaven forbid.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

Fairly safe to say that anybody who's commenting on Page 145 of the Drambo thread isn't a [Jacob Rees-Mogg snooty voice] Person Who Just Wants a Synth With Presets, heaven forbid.

/lets self out.

• Hahah, it's going DOWN! The Drambo octagon!

(Was it the Rees-Mogg reference? Too soon?)

• presets? Drambo will certainly have a bunch of fun presets, but that surely misses the point. Presets should only be a point of learning/tweaking and then departure in the modular world.

Sometimes I forget there are those freaks who would build the Lego set from the instructions and then just leave it at that, never building anything else with the pieces. To each their own I guess...

• I’d imagine we’ll all be able to share on patchstorage, so I wouldn’t totally discount there being quite a few awesome presets abound from around here :)

• @cian said:

@robosardine said:

This is totally for me

I would guess that if you are the kind of person that for no apparent reason wants to make a patronising assumption pulled solely from the air that surrounds you in order to make a statement which is otherwise patently obvious that you might find the whole thing too sophisticated to make the best of.

• the best way to restore peace to the kingdom is to release drambo right now!

• @palms said:
    presets? Drambo will certainly have a bunch of fun presets, but that surely misses the point. Presets should only be a point of learning/tweaking and then departure in the modular world.

Nah, not everybody is interested in lego. When I’m in a creative flow making a track, the last thing I need is loose time building stuff from scratch. There sure will be time for building unique to you stuff but ultimately the software is there to be used in all sorts of ways which also includes understanding how things work.

In fact Drambo should have some kind of patch exchange platform people can access and build upon, learn but also use in their tracks if they like what they hear. We all different and certainly have different objectives.

• @Shiro said:

@Treaszure said:

love it!

:smiley: I don't know if your Master Track Transpose video, which I have already commented on, was just for demo purposes or if it will become a finished track?

I would easily buy this track and have it on repeat.

Just the short snippet in the video sounds way better than most broken beat/nu-jazz I've heard, just love the chord progression and feel of it but maybe you are into other type of styles? :)

If you ever finish the track let me know ;)

This discussion has been closed.