Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    Where else can I read more about Drambo?

Anyone got a release date for this yet?

:D :D :D :D

Drambo will be released as soon as Betelgeuse is off. It can be tomorrow or in 100'000 years.

• Drambo may be the first iOS music production app to simultaneously achieve legendary status AND jump the shark all while remaining unreleased.

I look at it like "Does iOS really need another all-in-one MIDI environment?" I guess so.

• @JRSIV said:
    Drambo may be the first iOS music production app to simultaneously achieve legendary status AND jump the shark all while remaining unreleased.

I look at it like "Does iOS really need another all-in-one MIDI environment?" I guess so.

You'll not only get an outstanding modular synth but also a fully modular effects unit that works as an AUv3 plugin.
    You haven't found the perfect Chorus plugin? Build one yourself.
    You've been dreaming of a 5-band delay with additional reverb on the 4th band and phaser on the 5th? You can build that.
    Want a guitar distortion pedal that sounds like the most devilish waveshaper distortion with the fundamental bleeding through? You can build it here.
    Don't like any of the channel strips available so far? You can do it better!

That's why I think it's a good idea to dive into modular synth theory now, for anyone who didn't already.
    It will help you a lot.

• @JRSIV said:
    Does iOS really need another all-in-one MIDI environment? Click to find out! Single house mom from 3 miles away figures out how to make chart hits with this one simple trick, using just an iPad. Session musicians hate her

• Long time listener, first time caller......

So, what is the state of MIDI IN? Multitimbral?

Can I assign different MIDI channels and devices to each track?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Anyone know the story here?

Yeah - can someone summarize this app for me? What's it do?

B) B) B) B)

• @Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

B) B) B) B)

TLDR: Drambo. The modular audio unit. It’s going to be the app of all apps.

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

B) B) B) B)

I know it's a flawed comparison for sure but I think one could say this:
    Drambo is going to be for audio what Mozaic is for MIDI.
    An almost unlimited toolbox if you know what you're doing.

• @Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

B) B) B) B)

That question might take a 4 thousand comment thread to answer. ;) It’d be much easier for someone
    explain the few things it doesn’t do.

• @Daveypoo said:

B) B) B) B)

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

B) B) B) B)

You forgot the words "jump the shark".

• @rs2000 said:

I think this is the first post here that's really put me off :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rs2000 said:

Just make sure you don’t know what you’re doing and it sounds like you’ll be ok.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rs2000 said:

You’re telling me that Mr. Goodyear is...tired...of hearing about Drambo?

• @rs2000 to extend that analogy a little further it’s as if every component in MOZAIC could be visually connected together, and rarely does something just not work.

I think I’ve learned more about synthesis from using Drambo than any other tool. Some preexisting knowledge helps but because everything is laid out linearly, deciphering signal flow from the presets and user patches is simple (compared to following a bunch of wires in a traditional modular system)

• @papertiger said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@rs2000 said:

Just make sure you don’t know what you’re doing and it sounds like you’ll be ok.

Lovely. Just lovely. 😊

• @bcrichards said:
    @rs2000 to extend that analogy a little further it’s as if every component in MOZAIC could be visually connected together, and rarely does something just not work.

I think I’ve learned more about synthesis from using Drambo than any other tool. Some preexisting knowledge helps but because everything is laid out linearly, deciphering signal flow from the presets and user patches is simple (compared to following a bunch of wires in a traditional modular system)

I've built tons of patches on the Nord Modular over the years and even though I consider it a very straightforward, easy-to-use system, never been as fast with it as with Drambo.

• edited February 2020

@rs2000 said:

@bcrichards said:
    @rs2000 to extend that analogy a little further it’s as if every component in MOZAIC could be visually connected together, and rarely does something just not work.

I've built tons of patches on the Nord Modular over the years and even though I consider it a very straightforward, easy-to-use system, never been as fast with it as with Drambo.

I think that’s because the Nord modulars were more like traditional patch cable modulars than Drambo.

I miss my G2 but I’m very excited for Drambo.

Which is why I hate this thread and every time it gets bumped without a release date post. :disappointed:

I need to stop contributing to the problem.

• anyone knows if there's some time stretching facilities supplied with Drambo?

• @Jeezs said:
    anyone knows if there's some time stretching facilities supplied with Drambo?

Nope not yet.

• @Daveypoo said:

Drambo or Sunvox? Do you think I can ditch Quincy and use Drambo for all my music and word processing?

Which dongle do I need?

Drambo or Sunvox? Do you think I can ditch Quincy and use Drambo for all my music and word processing?

Which dongle do I need?

I suggest you hold out for Beatmaker 4 and NanoStudio 3 - they should both be released in the next few weeks.

• What’s the over/under on amount of days til release?

• And whose taking bets?

• @Daveypoo said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Which dongle do I need?

I suggest you hold out for Beatmaker 4 and NanoStudio 3 - they should both be released in the next few weeks.

I hope they have awesome subscriptions!

• @Poppadocrock said:
    What’s the over/under on amount of days til release?

I’m writing a letter for my great great great grandchildren and putting it in a time capsule. It tells the story of all of the excitement and anticipation around Drambo. I want them to open the time capsule and read the letter when Drambo is finally released.

• @Daveypoo said:

Mr. Poo – do you know if this will purée in 3/4 time? Because I can always purée in 4/4 time with any dumb app, but I am really trying to get more efficient in the kitchen.

If it cannot do 3/4, I am willing to settle for 6/8 time. 5/4 time is not acceptable, as we eat dinner early and we can’t be messing around with extra quarters.

@Daveypoo said:

Mr. Poo – do you know if this will purée in 3/4 time? Because I can always purée in 4/4 time with any dumb app, but I am really trying to get more efficient in the kitchen.

If it cannot do 3/4, I am willing to settle for 6/8 time. 5/4 time is not acceptable, as we eat dinner early and we can’t be messing around with extra quarters.

It also makes Julienne fries!

This discussion has been closed.