Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• This might be more useful than Reaktor for me. Can´t wait to play with it.

• @Clueless said:
    This might be more useful than Reaktor for me. Can´t wait to play with it.

Max - Reaktor - Drambo

In order of depth, but far far from being any sort of criticism. More flexibility doesn't necessarily lead to more productive music making. It's an interesting subject. I love Reaktor but hell it can be a rabbit hole at times. Max intrigues but I can imagine spending more time learning and building patches than jamming and making music.

• @SpartanClownTide said:

@Clueless said:
    This might be more useful than Reaktor for me. Can´t wait to play with it.

Max - Reaktor - Drambo

In order of depth, but far far from being any sort of criticism. More flexibility doesn't necessarily lead to more productive music making. It's an interesting subject. I love Reaktor but hell it can be a rabbit hole at times. Max intrigues but I can imagine spending more time learning and building patches than jamming and making music.

Well said.

• Yes, there might be more complex modulars and also maybe some with better ZDF filters (since i saw there is no zero delay feedback path available?) and better FX (so no ZDF phaser from Zeeon?) and whatever obscure sequencers but from what i read and saw in this thread and you-tube it is all about a great new innovative approach and workflow, especially on a multi-touch device. It seems a great combo of a versatile complex modular with a good raw sound. The p-lock, Impaktor like thingie and easy way to polyphonic, stereo path, FX version, midi out (plus a lot things more) also looks fantastic and much more easy to use than in other modulars.
    Most important is that this looks like fun while Reaktor f.e. feels just like work.
    One thing would be super great and maybe it will be there. Drop and drag samples/multi-samples directly into sampler modules.
    At the end let me say that word....Gamechanger.
    Beside StaffPad, a few (maybe) coming ports to iOS, Drumbo is a G A M E C H A N G E R.

• All filters in Drambo are ZDF and yes, phaser is taken from Zeeon.

• Any feelers / words out on the street about a release date? I keep dipping into this with my fingers crossed for some news.

• I gonna let you know a few days before.

• edited February 2020

I mean, no Drambo on the first page?
    So, Drambo and multi-out?

So, will it be rewritten to support Multi out.. or it has it already? 😂

• @giku_beepstreet can you postpone releasing Drambo till after the first blush of all the new apps has faded a bit. I want to give them a chance to have my attention. ;P

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    All filters in Drambo are ZDF and yes, phaser is taken from Zeeon.

Oh nice. Is the Zeeon delay and BBD Chorus also included...it is nice too.
    So far everything i heard from Drumbo seems really very good. I just realized this will be even an universal app and (maybe) even an mac port. That get extra points!!
    There would be just one thing i hope could be improved (but only judging from the demos and your other apps) and that is the reverb. That does not mean it is not good but this would be something i would do not care even if it eats a lot cpu.
    Maybe we see different kinds of reverbs like spring, plate etc.
    Sorry if that sounds already like more feature requests it is just some stupid brainstorming.
    Even with all i know, heard and saw about Drumbo i´m almost pretty sure it will be my iOS app of the year.
    From some other comments here i would agree and think it might be too cheap. It is just to good and versatile :smile:

• Hello,

I Keep hearing about this brambo app. 2500 post to read !!! 🙁😳🤪

Can somebody give me the short version?

• @audiblevideo said:
    @giku_beepstreet can you postpone releasing Drambo till after the first blush of all the new apps has faded a bit. I want to give them a chance to have my attention. ;P

You are a very naughty boy.

• wimwim
    edited February 2020

@ecou said:
    Hello,

I Keep hearing about this brambo app. 2500 post to read !!! 🙁😳🤪

Can somebody give me the short version?

Some day there will be an app called Drambo. For any still living and still able to function when it’s released, it will change everything, bring peace and harmony to the universe, abolish sickness, hunger, loneliness, acne, and even cure male pattern baldness*.

( * This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to cure any disease or condition. May have been produced in facilities that process nuts and or dairy products. The Humane Society has certified that no animals have been hurt in this production. Contains products known by the state of California to cause cancer and or birth defects. Pregnant women and woman nursing children should consult their physician before using.)

• Scroll back a few pages and look for videos by @bcrichards. They are excellent for providing the flavor of the app. It should be relatively close (within a month or two?) to release.

• So if this is amazing at sequencing synths and or drums ( plus amazing for sound design )

It could end up sort of an app for doing everything whilst AUM just records?

All you might need is controller with loads of knobs/faders but even then AUM could just play files in sync whilst you adjust each track, altough it might even have automated modulation for this?

• Drumbo and AUM might be a great duo for DAWless jamming!

• Not so clueless now.

• @Clueless said:
    Drumbo and AUM might be a great duo for DAWless jamming!

With multi outputs and inputs AUM can be completely drambed.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Clueless said:

@bcrichards video or it didn’t happen :no_mouth:

:smiley:

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Clueless said:

Now that is a modular AUv3 environment! :smiley:
    No need for hosting AUv3 in an AUv3 anymore, right?
    Multiple outputs and inputs.
    Wow. The waiting pays off more and more 👍🏼

• Good to see multi audio :) Is Dram Multi midi AU as well?

• @Carnbot said:
    Good to see multi audio :) Is Dram Multi midi AU as well?

I think a single virtual midi output with 16 channels should be enough.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Carnbot said:

16 channels is enough usually yes, but I do find that multi AU midi routing is also easier because then you can route visually in a midi matrix without menu diving for channels. Not essential, but a nice bonus to workflow. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Carnbot said:

16 channels is enough usually yes, but I do find that multi AU midi routing is also easier because then you can route visually in a midi matrix without menu diving for channels. Not essential, but a nice bonus to workflow. :)

Both apeMatrix and AUM have a MIDI matrix and channel selector directly accessible from it, wouldn't that do it?

• @rs2000 said:

@Carnbot said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@Carnbot said:

Both apeMatrix and AUM have a MIDI matrix and channel selector directly accessible from it, wouldn't that do it?

Yeah sure it works, but it's just easier to route them like Fugue machine which has has multi outs, then you have a visual matrix of the outs rather than all going through one port. As I say, it's not essential but it's a nice updated technology over just using midi channels.

And of course then you can have way over 16 channels, which I can see with something like Drambo could be a desirable possibility especially as it's modular.

• @giku_beepstreet is a Dramboliciousness weekend in our near future?

• Sounds like @giku_beepstreet is doing his best to satisfy our endless dreams of Featuriciousness, naturally delaying development but delivering the best possible app in the end 👍🏼

• edited February 2020

@papertiger @wim things have already changed enough where I’ll have to redo some of the videos. Making and posting before release has been self-indulgent on my part more than anything else. Oh well! Multi-output is a welcome surprise to see!

This discussion has been closed.