Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• edited February 2020

Someone asked for Impaktor like video...

Months of scanning and monitoring this thread waiting for exactly this. I can now happily just wait as long as needed for this to be released and i’ll watch for @White to post a thread with release details and link to the AppStore.

Thank you, I can’t wait :)

Also @giku_beepstreet does this Impaktor-like demo use the built-in iPad mic? Or some external piezo mic not shown on-screen?

• @Hmtx said:

Someone asked for Impaktor like video...

Months of scanning and monitoring this thread waiting for exactly this. I can now happily just wait for @White to post a thread with release details and link to the AppStore, however long that will be.

Thank you, I can’t wait :)

Also @giku_beepstreet does this Impaktor-like demo use the built-in iPad mic? Or some external piezo mic not shown on-screen?

It wouldn’t be using some off screen piezo mic as it wouldn’t be able to pick up the vibrations of his playing nor would his touting of no audio feedback make any sense either as any off screen piezo mic wouldn’t pick up the sounds of the iPad’s speakers.

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Someone asked for Impaktor like video..

Something very basic. Audio input is fed into a comb filter, modulated by envelope detector and then processed by frequency shifter. Thanks to this there is absolutely no audio feedback ( audio comes from speakers ).

What a great demonstration. Could you include the sound, from the beginning of the video, as a preset? I love that sound.

• @alecsbuga said:

@gusgranite said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Is there a way to hide this freaking thread?

It’s becoming mythical like Samplist AU 😉😎

Lol, I’m glad Samplist got the mythical status :))
    But I wrote on a topic somewhere in this forum that I haven’t given up. I don’t want to issue false promises as I am personally fed up with those myself.

The nice guys from AudioKit are getting very close to having a working version of a AUv3 template wich I’m going to use.

Meanwhile, I’ve started work again on Samplist and I’m going to issue some small feature updates with stuff you guys have been asking for (Ex: separate channels for each slice)

That’s sounds great! My poor joke was said with humour font on so definitely no offence intended. 🙂

I have great respect for the way you dived into app development because the app you really wanted didn’t exist. Good luck with it!

• @InfoCheck said:
    It wouldn’t be using some off screen piezo mic as it wouldn’t be able to pick up the vibrations of his playing nor would his touting of no audio feedback make any sense either as any off screen piezo mic wouldn’t pick up the sounds of the iPad’s speakers.

Living up to your screen name, good sir. In my hype I missed those details, thanks ;-)

I think it is safe to assume he’s using the iPad mic. But he’s definitely piping the audio out to external speakers, not the iPad speakers (see the headphone jack).

And knowing that just makes the demo even more impressive!

• @J_B said: If I’d wrote hurrr durr I hope de app is good like the 137 pages you’d probably be saying wowee me too boss hurrr durr

Interesting tactic. You’re gonna go far in this world!

• Hurrr — and I cannot stress this enough — durr.

• Quick question:

Does anyone know what controller that is under the mouse. Is it a new MPE controller?

• @audiblevideo said:
    Quick question:

Does anyone know what controller that is under the mouse. Is it a new MPE controller?

Not a controller, but the Moog mouse pad ($99). Apparently enables smoother mouse strokes.

• @audiblevideo said:
    Quick question:

Yeah, it’s a JZ Products Mau5Pad.

• It'd be sweet if somehow taps on surfaces could be translated to midi to control a drumkit. Then all us desktop drummers could get out rock n roll on without having to drum on a controller.

• @DCJ said:

@J_B said: If I’d wrote hurrr durr I hope de app is good like the 137 pages you’d probably be saying wowee me too boss hurrr durr

Interesting tactic. You’re gonna go far in this world!

It’s all yours, dazzle your friends with it

• @ion677 said:
    It'd be sweet if somehow taps on surfaces could be translated to midi to control a drumkit. Then all us desktop drummers could get out rock n roll on without having to drum on a controller.

Like in BM3?

• Yup. The hurrdy durrdy man. Asked and answered...

• Welp I'm revising my prediction to May.

• It'll be out in next two weeks!
    (If not, then it'll come later)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yup. The hurrdy durrdy man. Asked and answered...

Singing songs.... of luh-uh-uh-uh-uvvvvvv

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet
    Can scenes be muted like on OT?
    (If not, forget I asked... it can wait :) )

Edit:
    Is there a limit to the number of parameters that can be locked/morphed (scenes)?
    Has anyone tried to push this side of things? Is it cpu intensive in general?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yup. The hurrdy durrdy man. Asked and answered...

Singing songs.... of luh-uh-uh-uh-uvvvvvv

Apparently he had Led Zep playing on it!!!

• Hi all, these two videos are just going through the different generator and processor modules. I don’t fully understand the mechanics behind everything but I do my best to walkthrough what each does on a vary basic level.

Generators

Processors

• Thank you Ben!

• today?!? 😃

• Thank you for the videos.

• Learning a ton, thank-you for the videos.

• Release the Drambo!

• @echoopera said:
    Release the Drambo!

• When the forum went down earlier I assumed Drambo had been released.

• @drcongo said:
    When the forum went down earlier I assumed Drambo had been released.

:lol: would make sense.

This discussion has been closed.