Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @cuscolima said:
    I hope there will be a thank-you cocktail to all participants once the app will be out in 2022 😂

Last time I’ve checked the release date jokes on this thread were no longer funny.

• edited January 2020

@brambos said:

@jipumarino said:

@AudioGus said:

@jipumarino said:

@YourJunk said:
    What features are people most excited about?

Is it the sampling?
    Is it the modularity?
    Is it the thrill of the wait itself?
    Is it the virtual composer that writes songs for you?
    Is it the Deadmau5 button that makes your song super good quality but also kinda pretentious and douchey?

This is the cardinal synth sin of EDM. Right here.

Ugh, alright alright Youtube, I'll get Premium. Ffs

No! Subscribe to the masterclass and let me know what was the goddamn sin

If anyone took the masterclass and knows the answer to this: please do share. I’ve been wondering what’s the cardinal sin of EDM since first seeing that ad.

But still not curous enough to do a deadmau5 masterclass.

It was, if i good remembet, in part where he talked about sound design, how it is important in edm, and how it is important to develop own sound, not just use same presets from well known banks ...as bad example he used NEXUS plugin (that is the short sewuence from Ad - he us plying Nexus preset with arpeggio melody) and talked about cases when people send to him some tracks for releasing on Mau5trap and he immediately identified some NEXUS preset used thousand times by other producers in other tracks.

So cardinal sin, which he was talking about, is using same synth presets, used already thousand times by other producers :-)

• can we download drambo yet?

• Holy crap. Checked in this morning to 60 some-odd new posts and got a little giddy.

Thanks for crushing my spirits with your pricing debates and Deadmau5 (or whatever) mocking. Now I'm going to cry into my coffee and write Drambo in bubble letters on my notebook cover.

• @dendy said:
    So cardinal sin, which he was talking about, is using same synth presets, used already thousand times by other producers :-)

Cool! Mystery solved... thanks @dendy :)

• edited January 2020

write Drambo in bubble letters on my notebook cover ....ah.....happy days.

I mean I know it's the apotheosis of mad AB threads, but all that 'sample and hold' stuff is exactly the sort of interesting chatter you'd get to hear in the clubhouse while the guys were waiting for the rain to stop and the game to get started...perfect.

• Sample

@reasOne said:
    can we download drambo yet?

& Hold

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Sample

@reasOne said:

& Hold

Loop

:D

• edited January 2020

Abakus did a great job with S&H here (the sound starts @ 2:00): I believe its EG driving S&H clock and a filter. One of my fav sounds ever.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Sample

@reasOne said:

& Hold

the sample can’t keep holding 🤣 it’s trying to modulate

• @dendy said:

So the trick is to make your own unique sound from scratch.... And still make it sound just like every other EDM track in the process :naughty:

• Ergo.... don't play guitar.. ;)

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Ergo.... don't play guitar.. ;)

Ehm... that’s what obviously every synth head would say...some for being bitter of not being able to play one. Stick with iPad brother. ;)

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

So the trick is to make your own unique sound from scratch.... And still make it sound just like every other EDM track in the process :naughty:

exactly!

• So, will there be a complete re-write of Drambo for Midi 2.0, delaying the release another year or two?

• @klownshed said:

@dendy said:

Nobody said it's easy to make good sounding, standard but still original and interesting EDM track. You have to deal with lot of contradictions. Just people who never tried it or even didn't listening that genre thinks it is like that. In reality it's very hard job.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Sample

@reasOne said:

& Hold

The clock is ticking.

OK, I'll see myself out.

• Well to be fair @dendy a lot of the criticism of EDM comes from people who are very familiar with dance music, and could probably bore your tits off with their views on obscure 90s minimal house cuts, or whatever. EDM is very commercial pop music, and they don't like commercial pop music.

• @cian said:
    Well to be fair @dendy a lot of the criticism of EDM comes from people who are very familiar with dance music, and could probably bore your tits off with their views on obscure 90s minimal house cuts, or whatever. EDM is very commercial pop music, and they don't like commercial pop music.

I love how when civilians ask me what kind of music I make and I answer 'Oh I use synths, samplers, drum machines and that sort of thing' they then tell people I am a DJ and make EDM without even hearing it. Aside from that the current big epic thick poundy pound body move stuff I hear is pretty dope, wish I was 21 again.

• @david_2017 said:

@OhmAgar said:

@OnfraySin said:
    At least, $30-$50 at release!!!

No. I know I wouldn’t buy it and quite a majority of people also wouldn‘t. Except those who post here.
    20-25 seems fine. Maybe 40 after a certain amount of time. But please, go for volume rather than profit per sell.

A rare opinion. But i would go with that. I don’t make a living with music so it’s more like recreation and that’s on a budget. So I always think why is no one aiming for volume before profit

I think with the 17,99€ I would give it a spin. Otherwise I had to wait.

It isn't the case that sales volume goes up proportionally as price goes down. The relationship between price, number of sales, net revenue and net profit is such that pricing an app arbitrarily cheaply doesn't necessarily result in increasing sales or profit.

If a developer wants to actually receive reasonable compensation for the time they put in developing, they HAVE to think about profit just like you do in your job. You probably don't work for pennies an hour.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but a developer (or anyone else) can't make a living pricing their work so that literally anyone that wants it can have it. You probably wouldn't be inclined to give your labor to someone at a price below what they think is reasonable because they said they aren't serious about their use for your work and so wouldn't pay you more than pennies.

There is often a price below which sales only go up marginally no matter how low you drop them. And a price above which sales die almost completely.

It is often hard to predict what the price is that hits the sweet spot. Pricing is as much art as science.

Sometimes a reduced intro price (with some sort of promotional effort--even if it is just encouraging word-of-mouth ) helps generate enthusiasm and sales to people that would otherwise sit on the fence who will enthusiastically spread the word. It CAN be quite effective. BUT sometimes all that a low intro price does is reduce the total revenue a dev would earn in cases where the product is a specialty product.

Sometimes just a small discount is an effective incentive and sometimes it isn't.

• The trouble with discounting is that people get wise to it. Especially people like us that read about apps on forums. And probably also have an app buying addiction problem. :-/

We know Korg will have a half-price-ish sale every few months so who pays full price for korg apps?

We know ToneBoosters have never had a sale, even for Black Friday so we buy them at full price when we need to.

Also TB apps are priced at a reasonably low price that it’s easy to ‘pull the trigger’. The korg apps are probably a bit overpriced at full price.

But which is right? Do korg make so many sales during a sale that it makes up for the fewer sales the rest of The year? Or do tone boosters make more money by pricing correctly to start with and not having a sale.

We will probably never know.

So, er, it’s up to the developers. The only feedback that truly counts is number of sales.

We are probably the worst people to ask about pricing. “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”.

• @AudioGus said:

@cian said:
    Well to be fair @dendy a lot of the criticism of EDM comes from people who are very familiar with dance music, and could probably bore your tits off with their views on obscure 90s minimal house cuts, or whatever. EDM is very commercial pop music, and they don't like commercial pop music.

I love how when civilians ask me what kind of music I make and I answer 'Oh I use synths, samplers, drum machines and that sort of thing' they then tell people I am a DJ and make EDM without even hearing it. Aside from that the current big epic thick poundy pound body move stuff I hear is pretty dope, wish I was 21 again.

I moved to the states 8 years ago, and at the time 'EDM' was called dubstep. And I'd mention I was into dance music, and they'd ask, and I'd mutter something about techno and dubstep. Took me a while to realize that US dubstep had nothing to do with Pinch, Skream, Digital Mistikz, Kode9 etc.

I'm still kind of bitter if I'm being honest.

• @AudioGus said:

@cian said:

Well, you didn't even tell them what kind of music you make so they have a guess :D
    Genres come back in one shape or another. We need just a little bit of patience.
    BTW, I didn't know PPBM is the new thing :#

• in some point of view, "edm" is very wide range of genres .. it means "electronic dance music" so it's basically electronic music mentioned for dance - which is at least half of electronic music, almost everything some form of beat :))))

For me there is drastic difference between this:

(for ME this is absolute crap)

and this

(for me very emotional nice music)

Still, both is "EDM"

• wimwim
    edited January 2020

It'll all be better soon. EDM will become known as Electronic Drambo Music and then we can all move forward.

• I’m a total boomer and I have no idea what any genre is today or historically. I just listen to EDM and write EDM.

That’s as deep as it gets for me.

• 120? We have a long way to go. Let’s keep on (D)ramblin’.

• @rs2000 said:

@AudioGus said:

@cian said:

Well, you didn't even tell them what kind of music you make so they have a guess :D

The tip off from my perspective should be that since I don't make a living at it then it doesn't have to be any rigid genre and I likely do float around it some weird ass limbo of whatever (no money, no problems?). But anyway, yah they are civilians and probably pay as much attention to music as I do food. Where I would call something a 'dessert' I bet there are some people who would bitterly groan offense, 'oh no no, that is a pastry you idiot. how dare you assume my confectionery etc'

• @dendy said:
    in some point of view, "edm" is very wide range of genres .. it means "electronic dance music" so it's basically electronic music mentioned for dance - which is at least half of electronic music, almost everything some form of beat :))))

For me there is drastic difference between this:

(for ME this is absolute crap)

and this

(for me very emotional nice music)

Still, both is "EDM"

For me they are both fine for what they are but don’t compel me to like or hate either way.

This discussion has been closed.