Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@AikiGhost said:
    @giku_beepstreet one more question will AU3 format plugins be useable as FX on fx channels 1 & 2?

What are FX channels 1&2? You mean Drambo send busses? No, Drambo is AUv3 extension and can't host other extensions.

Yes basically. Shame but that fair enough. :)

• edited May 2018

amen break -> envelope follower -> oscillator -> filter -> mixer -> nice CRASH at the end! :D https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhqa1jan52bcyb8/drambo_envfollower.mov?dl=0

• Well, this looks maniacal!

• edited May 2018

Well, i'm not intentionally trying to be dense but, is this going to be like an all-in-one solution? Similar (in concept) to BM3 for example? Being dense sometimes comes naturally for me.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    amen break -> envelope follower -> oscillator -> filter -> mixer -> nice CRASH at the end! :D https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhqa1jan52bcyb8/drambo_envfollower.mov?dl=0

That's just crazy in a good way :)
    Amplitude -> Pitch would be a quite crazy modulation example though...
    (Ie. louder parts play faster while quieter parts play slower).

• Just amazing.
    Interesting to see the dev's desktop after the crash. A look inside the genius' mind ....
    Max and Ruby bunny bake off! Is this the secret to your success @giku_beepstreet :D

• So @giku_beepstreet how are things progressing? What kind of launch date are we looking at do you think or is it too soon to say?

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@realdawei said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    I will try to do this in full-screen mode. So many screen sizes, different layouts.. The most important section is rack view, that should be always visible.

Will Zeeon ever have IAA version?

No... IAA and AB are obsolete. But I gonna make it fullscreen AU one day. AU preferred size is already supported by some daw.

Are you referring to the official iOS11 preferred size implemented in GB? I hope so...

Yes

Lately I’ve been testing full screen implementations across various hosts and plugins. They use inconsistent approaches and I’m already seeing the ill effects of the growing fragmentation. I hope everyone can coalesce around the iOS 11 preferred configuration approach for the sake of user experience.

• Love that Drambo icon too. Hopefully that or something similar sticks

• Im hoping for beta in June.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Im hoping for beta in June.

So, next Friday then :D

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    Im hoping for beta in June.

Excellent. Sign me up.

• One more question. Is there any intention to have a performance mode/macros page for drambo?

IE: A page with user definable macros for tweaking multiple parameters/tracks with single knob twists for easy live manipulations?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@AikiGhost said:
    One more question. Is there any intention to have a performance mode/macros page for drambo?

IE: A page with user definable macros for tweaking multiple parameters/tracks with single knob twists for easy live manipulations?

He mentioned Octatrack style scenes/fader possibly in an update :) :) :)

That would be pretty awesome. In my ideal world having the 8 pads and knobs of my Akai LPD8 wireless mapped automatically would be total BLISS! :)

http://www.upbeat.ch/shop/media/images/org/LPD8Wireless_ortho_10x8.jpg

• @Redo1 said:
    Love that Drambo icon too. Hopefully that or something similar sticks

Yeah me too. Everything about Drambo just seems perfect

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    @giku_beepstreet Will there be any kind of user presets save/load per module/per track/kit?

For now there is: song, sound and kit. Song - complete project. Sound - rack. Kit is Song without sequence data, just rack setup.

Its not final, I'm considering user module type, that may encapsulate a rack. In this case there will be no difference between sound, rack and module. It's just a controllable audio instrument/effect with internal hierarchy.

• edited May 2018

I always make somethiing in the background. I am about to release a small vocoder AU: DerVoco.

https://dropbox.com/s/10mnpdsvtic28sa/dervoco.png?dl=0

Its a vintage vocoder emulation, doesn't use fft, instead tons of filters , envelope followers and compressor.
    Works as AU Fx and AU MFx. The latter can receive MIDI. There is also a channel split mode (left = carrier, right = modulator), so you can use any synth as a carrier.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    I always make somethiing in the background. I am about to release a small vocoder AU: DerVoco.

Its a vintage vocoder emulation, doesn't use fft, instead tons of filters , envelope followers and compressor.
    Works as AU Fx and AU MFx. The latter can receive MIDI. There is also a channel split mode (left = carrier, right = modulator), so you can use any synth as a carrier.

Awesome, yes, a vocoder (and a nice formant filter) have been missing!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Already want DerVoco too! Gonna take a listen when I'm off the proxy walls :smiley:

• !!! dang! DerVoco sounds like just the thing I've been dreaming of. giku_beepstreet, You are on fire!!!

So much to be excited about in this ever expanding land of Auv3 :)

I know you've mentioned you were thinking of adding scala support to zeeon.. I hope this hasn't gone by the wayside.. B)

with two Powerful Auv3 synths coming out in June that are deeply microtonal, I'm finally going to be able to fully jump ship from the macbook. If Zeeon and Layr would follow suit, I'd be set for a lifetime of creating cannons in just intonation.

• +1 I'm all ready to buy the vocoder as soon as it's available.

• Drambo!!!

• Sorry if i missed this but could we use Drambo as FX processor to get a kind of Step FX on iOS?

• @Cib said:
    Sorry if i missed this but could we use Drambo as FX processor to get a kind of Step FX on iOS?

Yes

This discussion has been closed.