Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Groovebox and midi cc#’s

Here are the midi cc#’s for anyone interested in using Groovebox without a novation launchkey controller. Going to test it out tomorrow with my ROLI Blocks to see if i can use it to control Groovebox.

Comments

• I imagine some kind of sysex “handshake” is required before the app will accept incoming midi CC data. Hope i’m wrong though.

• Hopefully not since you can use any midi controller to play notes right now.

• Just had a quick test and it's not worked as yet.

I do believe there would be some kind of Company/Device specific header in the Sysex message that would recognise when a compatible controller is connected.

Much like Novation do with their launchpad hardware and apps.

Also like Korg with their NanoKontrol Studio controllers.

You could perhaps hook up the Launchkey with a midi monitor to see if those messages are displayed when the 'handshake' is being delivered.

• The Launchkey has 2 MIDI ports, MIDI (port 1) and InControl (port 2) I have no idea how you would read the messages from port 2 which must be where the secret handshake and stuff happen though.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Just had a quick test and it's not worked as yet.

I do believe there would be some kind of Company/Device specific header in the Sysex message that would recognise when a compatible controller is connected.

You could perhaps hook up the Launchkey with a midi monitor to see if those messages are displayed when the 'handshake' is being delivered.

Out of curiosity which midi controller with remappable midi cc values did you try this with?

• edited April 2018

Just tried it myself, and I think you two are right...they must be detecting a specific device ID to enable the functionality...but the good news is that I was able to customize my Roli Block to map to the Playhead, Banks and Macros in BeatMaker 3...woohoo :)

• @echoopera said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Just had a quick test and it's not worked as yet.

Out of curiosity which midi controller with remappable midi cc values did you try this with?

Novation X-Station.

@BiancaNeve said:
    The Launchkey has 2 MIDI ports, MIDI (port 1) and InControl (port 2) I have no idea how you would read the messages from port 2 which must be where the secret handshake and stuff happen though.

Just thought the Sysex "handshake' may be visible in something like MidiFire when connecting.
    Not certain though.

• Maybe this handbook will help you solve the problem. If someone succeeded it will be great.
    https://d2xhy469pqj8rc.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10535/launchkey-mk2-programmers-reference-guide.pdf