Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: IK Multimedia UNO Synth

1234568»

Comments

• Thanks a lot for your feedback @Samu ! 🙏

• edited April 2019

@chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback @Samu ! 🙏

Got the UNO Synth yesterday! 😊
    But I can’t connect the UNO correctly with the IOS Editor.
    The editor is always waiting for the UNO. I can change parameters with the editor and i can hear the results but I can’t see the the changes in the UNO display. When I change parameters with the the UNO knobs I can’t see anything in the Editor.

Did I miss something to get the editor working properly?

Thanks a lot for enlighten me! 🙏

• @chandroji said:

@chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot for your feedback @Samu ! 🙏

Got the UNO Synth yesterday! 😊
    But I can’t connect the UNO correctly with the IOS Editor.
    The editor is always waiting for the UNO. I can change parameters with the editor and i can hear the results but I can’t see the the changes in the UNO display. When I change parameters with the the UNO knobs I can’t see anything in the Editor.

Did I miss something to get the editor working properly?

Thanks a lot for enlighten me! 🙏

I had to select the Midi In & Out ports in the Uno-Editor before being able to edit...
    (I'm using the Midi In & Out from my UR242 so I had to select the ports in the Uno-Editor anyway).

Also do check that you have the latest firmware installed on the UNO(You'll need a computer to do the update).

Regarding the 'noise' I can always use the -20db pad function on the UR242 and then use the gain to compensate.
    It's just that the Volca Bass is 'super clean' in comparison :)

• @Samu
    May I need to register the UNO before everything works?
    I just checked for a firmware update but for everything I need to register the unit even for downloading the manual...

Because I will eventually return the UNO if I don’t like it, I’m afraid to register the serial number in my IK-Account. Hmm... 😎

• edited April 2019

@chandroji said:
    @Samu
    May I need to register the UNO before everything works?
    I just checked for a firmware update but for everything I need to register the unit even for downloading the manual...

Because I will eventually return the UNO if I don’t like it, I’m afraid to register the serial number in my IK-Account. Hmm... 😎

When you boot up the UNO what numbers do you get on the screen? 1.1.3 is the latest...

• It was 1.0 something @Samu !
    After registration the Unit I was able to update the firmware to 1.1.3 and now the editor works!

But I have a new problem since firmware update. Sometimes the UNO looses the USB power. Then the UNO fieps 4 times following one Klick noise and starts again fieping 4 times and so on.

The only solution I found is to put batteries inside to get the UNO alive again. This happens few times since yesterday. Not a good sign...

Thanks a lot for your feedback samu! 😊

• @chandroji said:
    It was 1.0 something @Samu !
    After registration the Unit I was able to update the firmware to 1.1.3 and now the editor works!

But I have a new problem since firmware update. Sometimes the UNO looses the USB power. Then the UNO fieps 4 times following one Klick noise and starts again fieping 4 times and so on.

The only solution I found is to put batteries inside to get the UNO alive again. This happens few times since yesterday. Not a good sign...

Thanks a lot for your feedback samu! 😊

When you say 'Looses USB power' are you powering it from a computer or a separate USB power brick?
    (When I'm not using it on batteries I use the 5W iPhone or 12W iPad USB-Charger to power it).

My iPad Air 2 or iPhone 8 do not provide enough Juice to drive the UNO-Synth using the CCK...

Even though I do like the UNO I miss being able to tweak the ENV & LFO -> OSC 1&2 Wave/PWM settings from the front panel especially since many of the factory presets use these features. Also not being able to modulate the pitch with the envelope is a bit...

Oh well, let's hope @ikmultimedia pushes out a firmware update that addresses many of theses 'short comings'. There's a thread over at the IK forums with a lot of feature-requests...

• Late to this party, but just picked one of these and the drum machine up cheap on EBay

Is there an easy way to load a whole bank of presets in one go?

• Uno Synth Pro Paraphonic Analogue Synth.

• That’s crazy! Why would I take that over a Minilogue XD?

• You'll see what's wrong with that picture listing soon...

• @IK_Multimedia said:
    You'll see what's wrong with that picture listing soon...

Are we talking ‘real’ 4+ note polyphonic 3 oscillator synth that also happens to be multi-timbral?
    That could explain the pricing ;)

• edited January 2021

@IK_Multimedia said:
    You'll see what's wrong with that picture listing soon...

Okay! Now it makes a lot more sense.

https://www.gearnews.com/ik-multimedia-announce-uno-synth-pro-and-uno-synth-pro-desktop/

• Wonder if they 'dare' to do demos with sync & ring-mod in para-phonic mode for some sci-fi madness?

The big one looks like it could be a nice controller as well.
    Hopefully the user manual will drop soon so we can dig into the details...

This could also be a good 'coding exercise' for @ikmultimedia to to hone their skills in DSP programming and release the synth as an AUv3 :D (Moog already did a wonderful job on the Model D and Model 15 apps).

Feels like they have a winner this time around...
    Cheers!

• Well, I must say today’s AudioPilz Bad Gear is very good – they’re getting better and better, aren’t they

• I love this synth. Well, the sound of it anyway.