Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: IK Multimedia UNO Synth

Comments

• edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Does it do, OscSyc, RingMod and CrossMod/FM and what about modulation routings?

How fast does the LFO go and can it’s speed be synced to keybaord for FM?

Will the editor also be available for iOS?

• Didn't see this coming! Well done IK Multimedia. You guys (and girls(?)) do come one again with something no one expected. Keep on doing these kind of things!

• OK GAS has kicked in.... :)
    I love the portability side of this, Battery or USB power...and the touchpads...where not as playable as real pads or keys, does add to the throw it in a bag and not worry about bits breaking off....and for the mega clumsy, some spill protection too.
    Looks nicely featured, step sequencer and arp, automation, it could just be that ideal first analogue synth for someone, or that 'Just one more' synth for those already on the path.

• edited May 2018

Compromised somewhat by limited modulation routings, no crossmod/ringmod/OSC sync, no full ADSR envelopes (except if they are hiding in a menu somewhere, which I don‘t think so). Still an awesome sounding analog synth for cheap.
    For example, TB303 has much, much fewer soundshaping options.
    Plus are the variable waveforms and the builtin delay.

It has this vintage organic movement quality.

Almost Volca pricing.
    I can see this will work well.

• This looks pretty cool as an entry-level synth. :smiley:

• @Max_Free That TB303 was what I also thought hearing the soundcloud sounds. If it will only get the succes of a part of that synth then IK Multimedia has a hot one.

• edited May 2018

What about portamento/slides, also in the sequencer? I would probably get this, but only if it doesn‘t miss out on this. Recordable as step automation would possibly be good enough.

Audio demos are up on Soundcloud.
    Almost bordering to 303 squelchy territory.
    Really like the sound.
    Just a bit too basic for the full mono experience. Would have paid 50 more for OSC crossmod or ringmod.

• @Samu said:

Will the editor also be available for iOS?

This would make it even more interesting.

• @Max_Free said:
    Compromised somewhat by limited modulation routings, no crossmod/ringmod/OSC sync, no full ADSR envelopes (except if they are hiding in a menu somewhere, which I don‘t think so).

AD (Filter) + AR (Amp) envelopes (full ADSR control available via MIDI CC or software editor)

• I’d take this over a Volca any day from what I’ve seen so far. ;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    OK GAS has kicked in.... :)
    I love the portability side of this, Battery or USB power...and the touchpads...where not as playable as real pads or keys, does add to the throw it in a bag and not worry about bits breaking off....and for the mega clumsy, some spill protection too.
    Looks nicely featured, step sequencer and arp, automation, it could just be that ideal first analogue synth for someone, or that 'Just one more' synth for those already on the path.

For very little extra $ you can get a Monologue... Which is also Portable/battery + almost 'knob per function' + external audio>filter and drive (apparently audio in on the IK is just for daisy chain) + din midi sockets + ring mod + endless encoders + real keys and so on. Seems way more appealing in almost every area for just a few more £?

From what I've seen so far the only reason I'd grab the ik is if the smaller size was high priority. Will keep an eye out for some proper demo videos though before writing it off though.

Does the Ik transmit midi notes for arp and sequences like the monologue does?

It's really very small: cgi.ikmultimedia.com/img/library/unosynth/ikc-L-uno_synth_U6A2017_r.jpg and in my eyes for another target group than the Monologue. The motion sequencer of the Monologue is what differentiates that one from lots of other synths. This one differentiates in another way. Curious how the editors for the various OS will contribute to the sale of this one.

• @bert said:

@Dawdles said:

@AndyPlankton said:

For very little extra $ you can get a Monologue... Which is also Portable/battery + almost 'knob per function' + external audio>filter and drive (apparently audio in on the IK is just for daisy chain) + din midi sockets + ring mod + endless encoders + real keys and so on. Seems way more appealing in almost every area for just a few more £?

From what I've seen so far the only reason I'd grab the ik is if the smaller size was high priority. Will keep an eye out for some proper demo videos though before writing it off though.

It's really very small: cgi.ikmultimedia.com/img/library/unosynth/ikc-L-uno_synth_U6A2017_r.jpg and in my eyes for another target group than the Monologue. The motion sequencer of the Monologue is what differentiates that one from lots of other synths. This one differentiates in another way. Curious how the editors for the various OS will contribute to the sale of this one.

Blimey that IS small....I want one even more now LOL....

Nothing against Monologue....If I'm honest though it didn't spark the GAS like this has.....something about this that is appealing to me....Kinda reminds me of my old ZX81
    With regards to endless encoders, they tend to be slower than regular knobs...this was one of the reasons for me selling my Beatstep. As long as the rotaries have a 'pickup' mode all should be good with them.

Agree it would be interesting to find out about MIDI OUT capabilities and Editor functionality....

• @Dawdles said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I found the Monologue harsh. Didn’t like the filter or the way the controls are laid out. YMMV

I had a MonoPoly which I loved but my yardstick is Roland SH series for analog mono.

• @bert said:

@Dawdles said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@anickt said:

@Dawdles said:

@AndyPlankton said:

I found the Monologue harsh. Didn’t like the filter or the way the controls are laid out. YMMV

I had a MonoPoly which I loved but my yardstick is Roland SH series for analog mono.

I always wanted an SH-101

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2018

So wait, this is under $200 in the US but £243 in the UK/Europe.
    At the current horrible exchange rate that is about £60+ more than the US price plus VAT.
    That is a complete joke, especially for a company proclaiming to be building it in europe !!!!!

• @Samplemunch said:
    At the current horrible exchange rate that is about £60+ more than the US price plus VAT.
    That is a complete joke, especially for a company proclaiming to be building it in europe !!!!!

:o
    GAS suddenly gone away....

• @Samplemunch said:

+1

This makes no sense. If it is made in Europe, surely it should be cheaper? Obviously @ikmultimedia value their American customers more than their European ones. Bad form!

• so tiny, it sounds good and looks fun

• I edited the thread title to reflect the announcement.

• edited May 2018

I think that’s 243 Euros including vat - from the ikm online store. You can nearly always find their stuff cheaper elsewhere.

• edited May 2018

@Beathoven said:

@Samplemunch said:

+1

This makes no sense. If it is made in Europe, surely it should be cheaper? Obviously @ikmultimedia value their American customers more than their European ones. Bad form!

UNO Synth is €199.99 in Europe too. Free shipping on pre-orders. See http://www.unosynth.com I don't know where €243 came from...

We cannot control if your government imposes hefty taxes, though. For that, please let them know that VAT and whatnot are very high. We must charge taxes in order to legally remain in business, or we wouldn't.

• 243 euro comes from your web site eur 199 plus Italian vat at 22% =eur 243

However according to google 199 US Dollar equals166.41 Euro at current rates.......

• edited May 2018

@ikmultimedia said:
    UNO Synth is €199.99 in Europe too. Free shipping on pre-orders. See http://www.unosynth.com I don't know where €243 came from...

From your store......
    €199.99 excl. VAT
    (€243.99 incl. VAT)

We cannot control if your government imposes hefty taxes, though. For that, please let them know that VAT and whatnot are very high. We must charge taxes in order to legally remain in business, or we wouldn't

At current exchange rate $199.99 = €167.13 not €199.99 .. it's not all TAX...it's marketing...make it less than 200

BUT..The price is the price...regardless of the reasons why.

• Yes, the price is €199.99 + VAT. We price our products the same $ and € like other companies frequently do and do not chase an ever-changing exchange rate. In the US people also have to pay sales tax. We do not control how much tax one's government charges.

• @ikmultimedia
    Theres a spelling mistake on the store...

True analog synthesizer. Easily programmable. Ultra-portable. PRE-ORDER - Shypping July 2018. FREE SHIPPING ON PRE-ORDERS!

• @ikmultimedia Will the user manual be made available for download at some point?
    (Most IK manuals seems to only be downloadable once a product is registered).

From what I can see Oscillator Sync is missing from the spec as is ring-mod and any kind of FM/Cross mod?
    (How fast is the LFO and can it track the keyboard for 'FM-Type' sounds?).

Is there any way to assign for example an envelope to control pulse-width or any other parameters?
    (Is there a 'hidden' Mod-Matrix that needs an external editor?).

Will there be an iOS editor for the UNO?
    (A tip for a future firmware update would be to add additional button combos to access parameters which seem to need Midi CC?!).

I know it's a new product and all but these questions are bound to pop up from other potential customers as well...