Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: IK Multimedia UNO Synth

Comments

• On the latest picture i see a keyboard layout (but 27 keys?), parameters like play, record, vibrato, wah, tremolo and some other stuff....

• @Daveypoo said:
    @ikmultimedia I have to be honest - your responses have been nothing but classy, tasteful and respectful. You've not bashed anyone, or taken the bait of the trolls in spite of being baited more than once.

I'm impressed - I really am. Stay classy, IK - way to keep it real. It's truly refreshing.

I definitely baited with the iRing post but with tongue firmly in cheek.

Was impressed with the classy IK response after just 20 mins! :) Bravo.

• edited April 2018

@Reid said:
    I think it's a hardware synth. I don't think it will just be a clone of some classic synth. It will have a rich analog sound, but IK will put its spin on it. iSynth. Maybe it will have multiple filters like Syntronik. Maybe it will be portable, like a lot of their gear is. The design will be spare--black and white, like all their controllers.

Either a lot of the T-Racks modules will be built in or they will come as an added bonus with the purchase.

Okay, that's all the IK thinking I can come up with today.

If it’s a midi controller set out like a hardware synth, ala Novation X-Station, intended to control their Syntonik app, they could be onto a real winner.

As long as it can be used with other gear and apps. (Looking at you Novation/Ampify with the closed Launchkey midi feature).

ISynth is a good shout though and more in line with the clues so far. (Do please consider the above though IK. Guaranteed winner!). Did I spot a slight wooden edge in one of those pics?

• I know what it is, I know what it must be – it’s obvious. They’re announcing a clone of one of Behringer’s famous synths.

• Maybe it's an iRig I/O firmware update that turns it into VA-Synth :)

• Looked and sounded like some kind of continuously variable oscilator in addition to filtering going on, and not just A to B and back again but multi-dimensional. But I’m sure that IK won’t confirm (or deny!) that...

• IK says on Facebook that it is not a Moog emulation. The demos play the main line from "Stranger Things," which I believe was played on a Juno-6. But I think it is more than that. Maybe it's Syntronik in hardware.

• If it´s hardware and costs under 300 i´m in :)

• edited April 2018

@u0421793 said:
    I know what it is, I know what it must be – it’s obvious. They’re announcing a clone of one of Behringer’s famous synths.

Haha. The Model D-Squared.

• Based on their last clue, I think it's really light and portable--a bit bigger than a nanoKontrol. And it has an onboard sequencer. You can either use it as a tiny workstation or use the USB out to use it as a controller for the iPad or desktop.

• At least it seems to have indeed a sequencer and arp, a scale mode and some other midi things.
    It has OSC´s with different waveforms, envelopes (but attack, decay, attack, release?)
    It has filter (modes) and it seems a nice drive option.
    It has ready to play FX and performance things like vibrato, tremolo etc.
    Whatever it is, i hope it is software (but i have the feeling it´s hardware this time) and don´t need or use any samples.

• Well, after the unusual sensation of being labeled a "troll" for expressing skepticism of a marketing scheme, I seem to have been pulled into the IK orbit. I was at a MicroCenter yesterday (their Mac laptops are all $200 off at the moment), and I found an iRig Pads in their tiny "audio" section. It was in an older box — the new ones have a slightly different design, with more red or something. And unlike the $149 new ones, this was listed at $39. Same thing, apparently, but less red on the box.

So I got it. Feels wonderful. I wish it came with instructions. Any suggestions on best use of the iRig Pads are welcome.

• So now we know it’s hardware

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Well, after the unusual sensation of being labeled a "troll" for expressing skepticism of a marketing scheme, I seem to have been pulled into the IK orbit. I was at a MicroCenter yesterday (their Mac laptops are all $200 off at the moment), and I found an iRig Pads in their tiny "audio" section. It was in an older box — the new ones have a slightly different design, with more red or something. And unlike the $149 new ones, this was listed at $39. Same thing, apparently, but less red on the box.

So I got it. Feels wonderful. I wish it came with instructions. Any suggestions on best use of the iRig Pads are welcome.

I would start here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpads/index.php?pp=irig-pads-manuals

You got a heck of a deal there!

• @ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Well, after the unusual sensation of being labeled a "troll" for expressing skepticism of a marketing scheme, I seem to have been pulled into the IK orbit. I was at a MicroCenter yesterday (their Mac laptops are all $200 off at the moment), and I found an iRig Pads in their tiny "audio" section. It was in an older box — the new ones have a slightly different design, with more red or something. And unlike the $149 new ones, this was listed at $39. Same thing, apparently, but less red on the box.

I would start here: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpads/index.php?pp=irig-pads-manuals

Nicely done. Good support :)

• @ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thank you! The manual, slightly hidden when I looked yesterday, is very clear. What seems to be most amazing about the Pads is that there's a memory of various setups and drum machines.

I still maintain that if the new product doesn't froth milk or at least keep track of the number steps I take, I'm going to be disappointed.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thank you! The manual, slightly hidden when I looked yesterday, is very clear. What seems to be most amazing about the Pads is that there's a memory of various setups and drum machines.

I still maintain that if the new product doesn't froth milk or at least keep track of the number steps I take, I'm going to be disappointed.

It will keep track of the number of steps you've taken... Good guess! And I'm 100% serious here. :)

• And today's image might give a little more insight into my comment above...

">

• @ikmultimedia said:
    And today's image might give a little more insight into my comment above...

">

The labels and overlay do suggest very strongly a hardware synth with built in step sequencer and arp and FX.....
    I'd guess at.....DSP based.....and powered by Syntronik as the sound engine....

Syntronik in a box if you like...programmable on the unit...and/or using the syntronik software as an editor...which would be an awesome bit of kit.
    Use Syntronik as a plug-in...or the hardware unit for playing live or when you need the processing power back in your computer.

• edited May 2018

My ears say it‘s either actual analog hardware or some really impressive circuit modelling at OSC level. At same level or above of Roland’s Aira ACB. The clue would be in the variations of the basic waveforms. So not just samples through modelled filters, therefore unlike Syntronik. Or some very clever nifty sampling/wavetables with multidimensional morphs. Let‘s see. My guess is they are trying to pull an Arturia. But at entry level pricing and with patch memory and fx. There are no competitors there. Volcas are very basic. Microbrute has no patch storage. And so on. Roland SE is more expensive, patch storage, but only minimal fx.

Edit: Forgot about Korg Monologue at 300€, though. No fx. I think for it to have an impact it would have to be around 200-250€.

• They say no samples already in a facebook post.....

• edited May 2018

I see transport controls for a sequencer or arp. Delay. Probably a low priced analog mono.

• You can read 'wave 1' and 'wave 2' so it could very well be a wavetable synth with a sequencer and effects. The number '127' could be the amount of waves.

• You'll know soon :)

• edited May 2018

A sub $200 analog desktop synth.

• edited May 2018

Deleted

• Looks pretty great, feature wise, for 200 smackers. Need to hear more examples.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.