Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ISimphonic editing

Hi all, I am new to IPad music production. I purchased a couple of apps: synths, DAWs, Effects. One of my biggest interest in orchestral music, something like film scores. I have the ISymphonic and I amd very impressed with the instruments quality. I don't really know though how to create a track containing multiple instruments. The ISymphonic app is not very well expalined anywhere, also there are no videos exploring the subject. ISymphonic itself don't have an option to record MIDI tracks and edit them. I have Cubasis and tried there a bit. In Cubasis I can only have 1 MIDI track dedicated to ISymphonic IAA, I think. Can anyone help please.

Comments

• @Manuela said:
    Hi all, I am new to IPad music production. I purchased a couple of apps: synths, DAWs, Effects. One of my biggest interest in orchestral music, something like film scores. I have the ISymphonic and I amd very impressed with the instruments quality. I don't really know though how to create a track containing multiple instruments. The ISymphonic app is not very well expalined anywhere, also there are no videos exploring the subject. ISymphonic itself don't have an option to record MIDI tracks and edit them. I have Cubasis and tried there a bit. In Cubasis I can only have 1 MIDI track dedicated to ISymphonic IAA, I think. Can anyone help please.

You can load several AU instances of ISymphonic into Cubasis. This should solve your problem

• In iSymphonic IAA mode, you have access to 16 instrument tracks, on midi channels 1-16. You can load a different preset on each track. When you load the IAA in Cubasis, you can only load it once. You can still send multiple midi tracks to this single instance using the midi channels to play each instrument with it’s own midi data. The problem will be that all 16 instruments come into Cubasis on a single stereo track, so you won’t be able to process and mix them separately in Cubasis.

Multiple AU in Cubasis will give you separate tracks for each instrument, allowing you to mix and process each individually. It is the recommended way of working now, using AU.
    It is still a new workflow, so you will encounter weird bugs sometimes, but it is the way of the future. I recommend trying the AU workflow, but if you encounter strange bugs that stop your progress, fall back to IAA workflow.

• Hello again CracklePot. I do understand the process much better now and I will give that a go. With IAA I can keep all the original presents/reverb. That's not the case for AU, but that's not a massive problem. Thank you. See how I go with that:)

• @Manuela said:
    Hello again CracklePot. I do understand the process much better now and I will give that a go. With IAA I can keep all the original presents/reverb. That's not the case for AU, but that's not a massive problem. Thank you. See how I go with that:)

There are better AU fx reverbs you can use instead ;) Also there is this app called virtual room that adds reverb as if you(and speakers) would be in certain position in a room(and you can also change room size). Its quite cpu hungry app, so without powerful cpu you cant run many instances of it. However if you do have a powerful ipad, you could build a sort of virtual room where different instruments are at different apots in the room and get nice orchestra setups like that.