Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

midi clock on soft drummer

Can you tell me if you're midi clock works with soft drummer. I can send messages to start, stop, play pads from my keyboard. But I can't select the midi clock network in soft drummer parameters...
Need some feedback.

Thx

Comments

• Interesting that you mention this, as I was trying to do this just last night, and noticed the same thing...neither Midi clock button would let me activate it.
    As it turns out, the culptit was that I had LINK activated.
    Once that was turned off, I could select both Midi clock settings.
    I find however, that I still have trouble using anything other than LINK for sync with this app. LINK is very good, but it would be great if I could find a way to get Midi sync working as well.
    I really love the sounds and feel of Luis' apps, but wish there was at least a definitive manual for them.
    AND a way to copy user preset data to the same app on another device.

• Weird train! I was just trying this on the weekend! No luck

• Link and Midi clock settings never play well together. Some apps just makes it clearer :smile:

• I've had funnies with MIDI Clock with a few apps including MIDI Link Sync, Cubasis, Funk and Rock Drummer....I think it is MIDI Clock over Virtual MIDI that is having the problem, although I am yet to fully prove this. If I remember correctly it works ok with MIDI Clock sent/received over a real midi port...or at least it always used to.

If it is Cubasis or AUM you are trying to sync with you are in luck as if you host them in the app on a track they will use IAA sync which is working fine.

• In my setup I use:
    soft drummer (ipad)<-->Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adaptation<->Yamaha Moxf8
    It's a real simple midi config (not virtual midi) to sync midi clock. All midi messages works fine except the clock sync.
    I can't explain it....😢

• @thovy64 said:
    In my setup I use:
    soft drummer (ipad)<-->Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adaptation<->Yamaha Moxf8
    It's a real simple midi config (not virtual midi) to sync midi clock. All midi messages works fine except the clock sync.
    I can't explain it....😢

Ahhh so you are having issues with the clock even on a Core MIDI port ?..Are you able to monitor to see if you get any clock signal at all ? I know from trying to use cheap USB to MIDI converter cables that these do not work with CLOCK very well. Perhaps the clock is too much traffic for the BT Midi ?

• It works fine to sync clock and send other midi messages with other app like:
    Cubasis(ipad)<-->Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adaptator<->Yamaha Moxf8
    But with soft drummer, only midi messages works...sync clock don't.
    I think the problem is in soft drummer

• @thovy64 said:
    It works fine to sync clock and send other midi messages with other app like:
    Cubasis(ipad)<-->Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adaptator<->Yamaha Moxf8
    But with soft drummer, only midi messages works...sync clock don't.
    I think the problem is in soft drummer

best report to @LuisMartinez then.

• I did it...