Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lemur and studiomux

Just to say that Lemur works great with studiomux...

Comments

• How are you using them together? I keep meaning to hook up the iPad to Ableton Live with various instruments patched in over Studiomux, and maybe some kind of Lemur surface for iOS performance controls and/or Ableton/VST functions. Seems like it’d be a lot of work to get up and running (but potentially amazing from that point on). This kind of thing?

• edited April 2018

I am not sure if this the best settings but it works for me :neutral:

Inside Studiomux :

Lemur :

In Ableton I load the studiomux-gen plugin in channel 1. At this time I have only used some basics midi template as sequencer or generative midi sequences to play VST.
    It works with USB lighting.

• @shoutn95 said:
    I am not sure if this the best settings but it works for me :neutral:

Inside Studiomux :

Lemur :

In Ableton I load the studiomux-gen plugin in channel 1. At this time I have only used some basics midi template as sequencer or generative midi sequences to play VST.
    It works with USB lighting.

If it’s stable and behaves as you want it to, there’s no need to change anything!

I never had any trouble with MIDI over WiFi, plus IDAM works great for one channel of audio. For me, the draw of Studiomux is to route several channels of audio into the laptop simultaneously and use apps as VSTs - ideally with everything controllable (and recallable) from within Ableton. I don’t know if this is realistic and I’ve not yet made time to delve into it. I like the idea of running fx sends through AUM and back again but latency might be too much of an issue here.

Still, it’s good to know that they play well together. Lemur’s been sat on the ‘for when you’re smart enough’ pile for too long.

Happy experimenting :)

• edited April 2018

We do not need to load studiomux plugin into Ableton, just configure midi routes in Ableton Prefs to drive instruments within Ableton... It is very very very impressive with some templates with Lemur, and we can of course drive Audio Unit plugins with studiomux, Lemur and Ableton... I am on PC, so configure Lemur over Wifi is not very easy... Very simple with Lightning and Studiomux... I like experimentation :smiley:

• Midimux works perfectly too in my experience.
    Possibly uses slightly less juice than loading Studiomux too : )

• Yep played with all other above and all super great, didn't even realize I got lemur, brought it during a sale.
    Loaded back on pad,
    Love it
    Thanks for opening this topic and waking me up.
    Interested in any more great set ups, and links please to some good lemur templates if possible
    It's great reloading removed apps and they are still so relevant and work great still today
    Thanks

• I am currently using Lmodit Lite, very cool. Premium content from Liine.net. I am also looking for some other cool templates... :wink:

• Hé, :smile:

work also over OSC... great for Reaktor templates....

• edited June 2018

Hello,

I re up this topic , because I am still working on Lemur with Ableton. I begin to know some templates in particulary Lmodit lite. It seems to have 3 modules (Env Generator, LFO and Mixer)... But I am still a noob with it, I arrive to some hazardous results (as always :s )

Maybe some of you well known this template and can direct me to some tutorials vids... here a link to the template : https://liine.net/en/products/lemur/premium/lmodit-lite/

• I have finally find a pdf documentation for Lmodit :wink:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/citjx54h4o9g12h/LModItLite-Docs-v1.pdf?dl=0

Otherwise I do a little piece of "music" with another template, nice to explore but less complicate than Lmodit :
    https://liine.net/en/community/user-library/view/215/

here is a little demos :smile: