Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SoundPrism Link Edition, and Rozetta.

Hmmmm. I’m trying to use SoundPrism Link as controller for SampleTank Full, and this works fine until I try it under AUM, with SoundPrism being driven by any of the Rozetta suite. Then the app goes silent. Any ideas?

Comments

• I can get SP to trigger Syntronik in AUM, but only by playing it’s surface. If I connect Rozeta Particles to SP, SP plays it’s internal sounds only. I don’t think SP will forward the incoming midi from Particles to Syntronik, if that is what you are trying to do.
    (Sub Sampletank for Syntronik, it was the closest I had for testing)

• @CracklePot said:
    I can get SP to trigger Syntronik in AUM, but only by playing it’s surface. If I connect Rozeta Particles to SP, SP plays it’s internal sounds only. I don’t think SP will forward the incoming midi from Particles to Syntronik, if that is what you are trying to do.
    (Sub Sampletank for Syntronik, it was the closest I had for testing)

>

Yes, that is my conclusion, too. Was hoping I was wrong. Maybe the dev, or the mighty Brambos can make this happen? I mean, SP is designed to act as a midi controller, and will play its own sounds when triggered by Rozetta. So it surely can’t be that big a leap to complete the circuit.

• edited April 2018

Further to this, for other experimenters. I just got Fugue Machine to play SP link edition, controlling Sample Tank full version. Both as stand-alone apps and under AUM. Everything in order, lovely.

So, midi in throughput does work, just not when controlled by the usually marvellous Rozetta. :'(

• tjatja
    edited April 2018

What do you expect to happen, when putting SoundPrism between Rosetta and a Synth?
    Why not leave SoundPrism out of this?
    Just don't get what's your goal exactly.

• @tja said:
    What do you expect to happen, when putting SoundPrism between Rosetta and a Synth?

Yeah I'm a little puzzled as it seems like you can accomplish what you want to do in a simpler manner

• @tja said:

>

The goal, is to have SoundPrism - optionally with it own sounds in addition to those it is controlling in Sample Tank - respond to Rozetta, as if SP controls were in use.

I’d like to do this as, depending on how SP it set, very different results are produced when using its control surface. If Rozetta can be coaxed into playing the set method, the results could be very interesting.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah I'm a little puzzled as it seems like you can accomplish what you want to do in a simpler manner

>

The simple manner, has Rozetta playing SP sounds, but not ab,e to make use of its control settings. Sample Tank is then playing separately. :)

• If have none of those apps so I can’t test and have no experience with them. But MIDI is MIDI, and the MIDI Rozeta sends out is the most basic kind there is. So it must be SoundPrism not properly listening to AUM’s output channel? Remember Rozeta itself doesn’t have its own MIDI ports, so you have to listen to the host’s: AUM.

• edited April 2018

@brambos said:
    If have none of those apps so I can’t test and have no experience with them. But MIDI is MIDI, and the MIDI Rozeta sends out is the most basic kind there is. So it must be SoundPrism not properly listening to AUM’s output channel? Remember Rozeta itself doesn’t have its own MIDI ports, so you have to listen to the host’s: AUM.

>

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I’ve also e-mailed the SoundPrism dev to see if this is possible, or barred due to some technical limitation.

The idea of getting what is in effect multiple touches to play via Rozetta seems not too far away, if SoundPrism midi in can be tweaked in some way. I have jokingly called this Chord-U-Like or the Brambos Melody Machine! ;)